turtle28

We’ll have plenty of room to re-sign our own players

Paul Richardson: 13 recs, 181 yds & a TD and would’ve had a 77-yard TD vs  Arizona if Jamar Taylor hadn’t grabbed his arm to stop his and Alex’s completion.

Jamison Crowder: 13 recs, 134 yds, 1 TD

Then, Crowder hurt his ankle and missed two months while PRich continued to play through shoulder and knee injuries for another month before being shut down.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Paul Richardson: 13 recs, 181 yds & a TD and would’ve had a 77-yard TD vs  Arizona if Jamar Taylor hadn’t grabbed his arm to stop his and Alex’s completion.

Then, Crowder hurt his ankle and missed two months while PRich continued to play through shoulder and knee injuries for another month before being shut down.

All the old “would’ve had” stats lol

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The second we spent a top 5 pick on Scherff he became a lifelong Redskin.  People can argue not retaining him but it won't happen.  He will be getting an extension from the Redskins and will likely be around for the next 10 years.  There are worse things that could happen.  

Maybe. But when we watch another carousel of garbage at LG and C, and combine that with Williams getting old and Moses not living up to his contract, we're gonna wish they had spent that money elsewhere

I would still tank and release Smith, and I would still pay anyone you want to keep around a ton of money in the tank year to get them for cheaper in our competing years.  

Guys, if being 7-9-9-7, with a 10-6 season maybe once in a while, is good enough for you, that's great.  That's not enough for me to avoid tearing it down and getting a year or two of top 3 draft choices and essentially resetting all of our cap issues.  The more they continue to hold this off, the more the fan base gets frustrated with everything.  

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Crowder hasn't been as great on his own without having Jackson and Garcon in front of him.  Paul Richardson just proved to be his old, injury prone self and we overpaid for a career year that didn't even come close to 1,000 yards receiving.  It was a ridiculous signing to overpay for potential, and that is what happens when you do not draft and develop players properly.  Or have one of the top five pass-catching groups and let both Jackson and Garcon walk for nothing.  There's that too.  

So yeah, I don't care about the "would have had" stats, they mean nothing.  What matters is performance.  

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

All the old “would’ve had” stats lol

Taking that away, PRich still had more yards and less drops on the same amount of receptions the first month of the season.

Edited by turtle28

39 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Crowder hasn't been as great on his own without having Jackson and Garcon in front of him.  Paul Richardson just proved to be his old, injury prone self and we overpaid for a career year that didn't even come close to 1,000 yards receiving.  It was a ridiculous signing to overpay for potential, and that is what happens when you do not draft and develop players properly.  Or have one of the top five pass-catching groups and let both Jackson and Garcon walk for nothing.  There's that too.  

So yeah, I don't care about the "would have had" stats, they mean nothing.  What matters is performance.  

Well PRich has one more year to prove himself, Crowder may not considering the last two years have not lived up to expectations.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Taking that away, PRich still had more yards and less drops on the same amount of receptions the first month of the season.

I think you mentioned something about blowing him out of the water?

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well PRich has one more year to prove himself, Crowder may not considering the last two years have not lived up to expectations.

Or you take it as a sunk cost and while you are paying Alex Smith in one lump sum, include Richardson in it as well.  My money is that we won't receive a good ROI here, so let's just cut bait.  

A year or two with top 3-5 draft choices would be huge for this team. 

I don't think Preston Smith or Jamison Crowder are great players by any means but they are home grown talents.

I think you have to sign them at market cost considering the amount of holes this team has or will have.

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

I don't think Preston Smith or Jamison Crowder are great players by any means but they are home grown talents.

I think you have to sign them at market cost considering the amount of holes this team has or will have.

Considering the market for pass-rushers, I don't think we stand a chance at re-signing Smith.  That percentage went down even more when Alex Smith got hurt and, if they want to compete next year, have to work around his cap hit.  

Crowder, due to injuries he's suffered this year, could take a one year "prove it" extension with us.  However, if Gruden is gone, he could bolt for elsewhere to take that chance in a more established offense.  

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I would still tank and release Smith, and I would still pay anyone you want to keep around a ton of money in the tank year to get them for cheaper in our competing years.  

Guys, if being 7-9-9-7, with a 10-6 season maybe once in a while, is good enough for you, that's great.  That's not enough for me to avoid tearing it down and getting a year or two of top 3 draft choices and essentially resetting all of our cap issues.  The more they continue to hold this off, the more the fan base gets frustrated with everything.  

Once again some are too freaking comfortable with mediocrity. In a real workplace, mediocrity may keep you around for sometime but not 10-20 years. Fans really need to show Synder and this team they are tired of the BS! Don't show up to any games until change is made. 9-7 is not a successful season, I don't care if that wins you the division. Does that get you to the Super Bowl. I thought that was the goal, but year after year I've seen this team show that's not what their truly about. I'll continue to wish/hope for success but I'm done with hyping them up or thinking something new is gonna happen with Snyder as Owner. He's a dumb rich guy who tore apart a great franchise. Until every fan can get on board with that causing him to sell the team or actually hire competent winning GMs and Coaches they will stay the same. I don't care how long you have rooted for this team, if you are still buying tickets and merchandise you are part of the problem as well. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you mentioned something about blowing him out of the water?

No, I just said Prich was our most consistent WR this year, which is true. It’s also true that since him, CT and Crowder all got hurt within the first two months of the season that our passing game hasn’t been as consistent. It’s very hard - next to impossible - to replace 3 of your top 4 receiving weapons in a season.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Once again some are too freaking comfortable with mediocrity. In a real workplace, mediocrity may keep you around for sometime but not 10-20 years. Fans really need to show Synder and this team they are tired of the BS! Don't show up to any games until change is made. 9-7 is not a successful season, I don't care if that wins you the division. Does that get you to the Super Bowl. I thought that was the goal, but year after year I've seen this team show that's not what their truly about. I'll continue to wish/hope for success but I'm done with hyping them up or thinking something new is gonna happen with Snyder as Owner. He's a dumb rich guy who tore apart a great franchise. Until every fan can get on board with that causing him to sell the team or actually hire competent winning GMs and Coaches they will stay the same. I don't care how long you have rooted for this team, if you are still buying tickets and merchandise you are part of the problem as well. 

He’s not going to sell the Redskins, he makes more money in other ways. Just like most owners of sports franchises, owning the sports franchise is a hobby, they make more money doing other things. I don’t see a day where Snyder is forced to sell the Redskins until he dies. Which is sad for most of us who are around or over 40 because that means he’ll be the owner for most of our lifetimes or the rest of our lifetimes.

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think the vast majority of us would like to be consistently good. The problem is that being consistently good starts at the top, and that's simply never going to happen here. Not while Snyder is in charge.