Your 53 man Roster

blkwdw13

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I get why some of you guys don't want to cut both Miller an Houston but here is my thinking behind it...

With Miller we have seen that this team is going to use a lot of 12 personal and run a lot of off tackle zone run plays...for that you need TEs who can block...there is a reason we signed Sims and drafted Shaheen both at around 270lbs...Miller's weakest part of his game is blocking and does he offer so much more as a #3/flex than Daniel Brown at a fraction of the cost and can he play special teams like Brown?...

Houston is nothing more than a former somewhat big name free agent signing...I get we don't have much behind Floyd & Young at OLB with McPhee being hurt but that is no excuse for keeping a guy who is ineffective and being way overpaid for what he offers...he is a one tricky pony who can't line up anywhere else or play on teams...I would cut him tomorrow and bring in some UDFA at this point and give him a shot...then look for cuts around the league.

Once Shaheen shows up I would be more willing to toss Miller. He also can flex out wide and with White, Cruz, Wheaton, and Wright all having sketchy to bad injury history we might need some flexibility. He at least offers something in the slot.

With Houston his pay means nothing if we can't roll over his salary to me, just like Miller. I'd be content with low round picks, even a 7th though. To me he is just a body if/when McPhee goes down for whatever reason.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, G08 said:

Offense: 25

QB - Glennon, Trubisky, Sanchez
RB - Howard, Cohen, Langford, Cunningham (Carey PUP)
FB - Burton
WR - Meredith, White, Wheaton, Wright, Bellamy, Thompson
TE - Miller, Sims, Shaheen
OT - Leno, Massie, Compton
OG - Long, Sitton, Morgan
C - Whitehair, Grasu

Defense: 25

DL - Hicks, Goldman, Howard, Bullard, Robertson-Harris, Jenkins
OLB - Floyd, McPhee, Young, Acho, Houston
ILB - Freeman, Trevathan, Kwiatkoski, Jones
CB - Amukamara, Cooper, LeBlanc, Callahan, Fuller
S - Demps, Jackson, Amos, Bush, Hall

K- Barth
LS - Scales
P - O'Donnell

Quoting you for the template, and because your roster ends up very close to my current idea for one.

Offense: 25

QB - Glennon, Trubisky, Sanchez
 RB - Howard, Cohen, Cunningham (Carey PUP)   **** Cutting Langford and rolling with 3, and then deciding to bring Carey back in, or stash him on IR***
WR - Meredith, White, Wheaton, Wright, Thompson, Gentry   ******Swapping Bellamy for Gentry*****
TE - Miller, Sims, Shaheen, Brown ****I'd like a 4th guy if we're intent on doing double TE sets, so added Brown*****
OT - Leno, Massie, Compton
OG - Long, Sitton, Morgan
C - Whitehair, Grasu

*Remaining offensive spot would probably be a waiver/cut OL.... I don't trust Long/Sitton staying healthy right now, and I'm not moving Whitehair off of center..... Alternatively, I've heard suggestions that Dorsett might available for trade, and I'd strongly consider looking in that direction for a flyer shot with high upside to fill the last roster spot. Langford > Grasu > Fuller would be the players I'd be most interested in moving to get Dorsett (ie I'd want to keep Fuller more than Grasu and Grasu more than Langford... who I expect to be cut anyhow)

Defense: 25

DL - Hicks, Goldman, Howard, Bullard, Robertson-Harris, Jenkins
OLB - Floyd, McPhee, Young, Acho, Houston
ILB - Freeman, Trevathan, Kwiatkoski, Jones
CB - Amukamara, Cooper, LeBlanc, Callahan, Fuller
S - Demps, Jackson, Amos, Bush, Hall

K- Barth
LS - Scales
P - O'Donnell

Shaheen has fallen down every rep he has been on the field.

Forget TE, Miller may be the Bears 2nd best WR.

If you want switch his position to WR and keep him in that group. Because right now the only guy I think is more reliable is Meredith.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Shaheen has fallen down every rep he has been on the field.

Forget TE, Miller may be the Bears 2nd best WR.

If you want switch his position to WR and keep him in that group. Because right now the only guy I think is more reliable is Meredith.

I still remember yelling about them trading Olsen because they wanted a big bodied WR, and then signed Roy Williams. Ugh.

And the 3rd rounder being used to get Marshall isn't even a factor, that simply means we'd have traded the 3rd used on Brandon Hardin instead, a much better alternative.

6 hours ago, Castiron said:

Why???

I think it's down to the fact you usually want your more athletic OG playing LG so he is protecting your QB's blindside in protection...also when your running a pull your more than likely running it off your RT so having your LG being able to pull more naturally is also a bonus.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it's down to the fact you usually want your more athletic OG playing LG so he is protecting your QB's blindside in protection...also when your running a pull your more than likely running it off your RT so having your LG being able to pull more naturally is also a bonus.

I'm going to add to this, that even though they say it's not a reason, but (correct me if i'm wrong) KL's bad shoulder is his left one, and there will be less force on it from the left side

On 8/27/2017 at 1:28 AM, Castiron said:

Why???

A couple reasons, mostly because he's a better fit at LG (he's also left handed, which helps). He's also got a torn labrum in his right shoulder that needs repair. When you're on the right side, you're mostly using your right arm more. On the left side, you are using your left more, etc.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

A couple reasons, mostly because he's a better fit at LG (he's also left handed, which helps). He's also got a torn labrum in his right shoulder that needs repair. When you're on the right side, you're mostly using your right arm more. On the left side, you are using your left more, etc.

He didn't get the shoulder repaired this offseason?

13 hours ago, anonymousGM said:

Greg Rosenthal said today on NFL network that McPhee could get CUT or TRADED when teams go to 53.... any merit to this?.... what are your thoughts guys

I haven't heard anything about it.  I wouldn't be too surprised, but i doubt there is much of a trade market for him.

Archived