boswell

3rivers

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Every post that guy makes is anti Tomlin...even when the topic has nothing to do with Tomlin.  Not the first time we've seen that.

Boswell is having a terrible year.    I dont know whats going on with him.   I thought maybe he got over it after a rough start, but apparently not.

Still, wouldnt go as far as cutting him just yet....but he might not survive the season if he isnt pretty much perfect the rest of the season.

Of I know.  I was just ignoring it and making a joke on it.

A kicker I know has pointed at Boz's lean coming into the ball this year is different than it was last year, and his leg trajectory is different.  If you base where his misses have been based on how Boz's leg comes through the ball, the misses have been high and low based on the angle he's kicking from.  This kicker supposes that if Boz can come through more upright he would make many more kicks.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree, but as I said, Id be hesitant about cutting him unless we know we've found an upgrade.   Id bring in someone to push him in the preseason, and then go from there.

Heck, I would have him kick from between 20-40 every time just to shank the season away (yes that was a joke).

No one is making Boswell a scapegoat they are labeling him as part of the problem which is fair. These other statement I sort of disagree with is the same in that this guy sucks. Right now I mean I guess that's accurate he is playing very poorly but he's a good kicker who seems to be in his own head right now and honestly I love nothing more than to see him go on to IR for whatever reason and then us bringing somebody else for the rest of the year because I do believe he can return to form next year but right now I just don't believe he can help us

28 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This hasnt been the same team since the Broncos game.    We completely beat ourselves that game.    And I think the Chargers game where the refs basically gifted them 14 points just destroyed our teams will.

This team is in all around turtle mode...from top to bottom, coaches and players.    They went with playing with the utmost confidence while on the 6 game win streak, and crashed hard, and dont seem to know how to get out of the rut. 

Their spirit is dead, seems like it for pretty much everybody but AB and JuJu anyways.

If this team can somehow steal a win off NE or NO I think that could spark something that would turn them back on before the playoffs, but if not I just hope they can quietly let this season die without any injuries or other problems.

5 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Their spirit is dead, seems like it for pretty much everybody but AB and JuJu anyways.

If this team can somehow steal a win off NE or NO I think that could spark something that would turn them back on before the playoffs, but if not I just hope they can quietly let this season die without any injuries or other problems.

Think about what it would mean if they can somehow steal a win against both New England and New Orleans. Because in my opinion for us to be a serious contender in the playoffs that is what needs to happen the confidence that will be built upon winning those two games is unmeasurable. No I am not naive enough to believe that will actually happen.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

What’s funny is making out a kicker who rates so low he’s outside the range of starters a “scapegoat” like he’s only missed 1 kick. 

As for Boz. It feels very law of averages. He made a lot of last second kicks. Won us 4 games last year. He’s directly lost us 3 this year 

our kicker has been rated low for awhile now but its just a coincidence that he now makes big public deal out if it?  AND just so happens when the nation is laughing at tomlins stupidity. 

seems like our dbs and lbs have been rated low all season too. i didnt see tomlin blaze them in press conferences 

and yes, i hate tomlin. the guy has wasted the past 10 years. 

40 minutes ago, muncher said:

our kicker has been rated low for awhile now but its just a coincidence that he now makes big public deal out if it?  AND just so happens when the nation is laughing at tomlins stupidity. 

seems like our dbs and lbs have been rated low all season too. i didnt see tomlin blaze them in press conferences 

and yes, i hate tomlin. the guy has wasted the past 10 years. 

That is such a BS statement. The problem here is that people expect Tomlin to match the resume of Bill Belichick. And that is never going to happen. Like it or not Bill Belichick is the best head coach in the league currently he has had some of the best teams ever and that team does a very good job of manipulating the talent that they have on their team in a way to be successful more so than anyone else also they are in the weakest division in the entire league it has been for a very long time unlike the AFC East we actually have to compete in our division. To sit there and say Mike Tomlin has wasted the past 10 years is ridiculous and here is why. Take the Detroit Lions for example who have never even been to a Superbowl and then consider while Mike Tomlin has been here he has taken this team to two of them. The Cleveland Browns fit that bill as well and help the Buffalo Bills are another team that has been to multiple Super Bowls not in a very long time mind you and has never won one. The list goes on and then you consider the limited number of AFC quarterbacks who have gone to the Superbowl in the last 17 years and Ben Roethlisberger is on that list along with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Where the room for criticism Truly Come From with Mike Tomlin is that we have and always will be in a what have you done for me lately League and the answer to that question with Mike Tomlin is he is under skilled defenses and mistake ridden offenses on the field repeatedly. That is not all on him it's just not whether you like it or not you cannot completely blame him because regardless of whether or not he should take more control he has guys like Keith Butler that are in charge of running the defense and positional coaches who are in charge of improving the quality of play from our position players and they are not getting the job done they are whether we like it or not more at fault than Mike Tomlin is.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

I feel the same way. Some player have the effort but overall the team is suffering on many leadership and coaching levels and it's taking a toll on the team.  I am in favour of letting the season die only if it will bring forth the changes. If next year it's more of the same, I doubt I watch. No way I tolerate another year of this D especially butler, porter ,  secondary and ILB plus OLB. That is probably 5 players on D for me and 2 coaches, and I would say scheme but if they get a good 3-4 OLB then I am willing to give this a chance. I am a fan of Watt, but much like when we got pouncey, he seems great because the lack of talent around him.  Watt was immediately better than dupree  but still nowhere near the level of play of the better 3-4 OLB's that are required. 

Even if we win a few and get to the playoffs, do you really think we can repeat that success in the playoffs with our ILB's and secondary? I don't ant to "make playoffs" and lose right away or win because of a bad ref call or bad DC call, bungle,  or expected blowout .  Time to finally fix the problems with this team, but I have zero faith in colbert so it might be a while before  or if this team gets it fixed. I don't have much faith in tomlin either, how he let this go on especially being a D minded coach, is almost insanity. Where is the arians poster emoticon ?

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I am a fan of Watt, but much like when we got pouncey, he seems great because the lack of talent around him.  Watt was immediately better than dupree  but still nowhere near the level of play of the better 3-4 OLB's that are required. 

Wasn't he on pace to match Harrison's 2008 DPOY sack total earlier this year? I feel like you are underestimating Watt, he is certainly a great young LB, and if we still had Shazier our LB corps would be somewhat respectable.

11 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Wasn't he on pace to match Harrison's 2008 DPOY sack total earlier this year? I feel like you are underestimating Watt, he is certainly a great young LB, and if we still had Shazier our LB corps would be somewhat respectable.

I've said this in the past I believe but if I haven't I'm going to say it now and if I have then I'm going to say it again I feel that the reason that wot occasionally struggles is because of the talent around him. When the defensive line is having a good day TJ watt has a great day. You could say that about pretty much any linebacker in the league really I guess if they are at all talented but when TJ watt seemingly has got to try to make up for the lackluster performance is around him he struggles because he gets into these positions where he is trying to do too much instead of just sticking to what he needs to do. I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve because he does but I feel that if we improved our front seven altogether at inside linebacker and the other outside linebacker position and maybe nose tackle arguably I think that we would see TJ watt turn into a monster.

15 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

"pace" , that term doesn't apply when you are getting bunches vs scrubs. I'm a fan of Watt, he stays and is what the team needs. I just said he still isn't Woodley or Harrison from back then, and if you want a top 3-4 D,  that's what is needed and then fix that garbage secondary as well.  Watt was so much better than dupree from day 1, and that said it all for me on dupree because I was tired of people here hyping dupree etc.  

Watt's blocked FG vs the browns was a classic. What a play in such a game. I actually liked that game more than most this season, there was some guts and urgency and the weather adds to it.  This team now is in a daze,  and they face their old nemesis and brady get to face his favourite D.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

That is such a BS statement. The problem here is that people expect Tomlin to match the resume of Bill Belichick. And that is never going to happen. Like it or not Bill Belichick is the best head coach in the league currently he has had some of the best teams ever and that team does a very good job of manipulating the talent that they have on their team in a way to be successful more so than anyone else also they are in the weakest division in the entire league it has been for a very long time unlike the AFC East we actually have to compete in our division. To sit there and say Mike Tomlin has wasted the past 10 years is ridiculous and here is why. Take the Detroit Lions for example who have never even been to a Superbowl and then consider while Mike Tomlin has been here he has taken this team to two of them. The Cleveland Browns fit that bill as well and help the Buffalo Bills are another team that has been to multiple Super Bowls not in a very long time mind you and has never won one. The list goes on and then you consider the limited number of AFC quarterbacks who have gone to the Superbowl in the last 17 years and Ben Roethlisberger is on that list along with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Where the room for criticism Truly Come From with Mike Tomlin is that we have and always will be in a what have you done for me lately League and the answer to that question with Mike Tomlin is he is under skilled defenses and mistake ridden offenses on the field repeatedly. That is not all on him it's just not whether you like it or not you cannot completely blame him because regardless of whether or not he should take more control he has guys like Keith Butler that are in charge of running the defense and positional coaches who are in charge of improving the quality of play from our position players and they are not getting the job done they are whether we like it or not more at fault than Mike Tomlin is.

great response. all im asking is that the team produces based on its talent level. if you think the browns, bills and lions have had the same talent as the steelers you havent really paid much attention. the team as a whole is in the top 1-4 overall talent in the afc for almost the past decade. tomlins regular season record proves that. so, why is me asking for him to produce in the playoffs like he does during the regular season so unreasonable?

the more tomlin has been allowed to have input into coaches, drafts and X's and O's, the worse the team has done in the post season. he was more effective(win wise) when he was just a figure head(the first few seasons).

it has been well documented that tomlin is running the defense now so saying that butler is to blame is wrong.

the biggest problem with this team is attitude. that is definitely something that the HC is responsible for. this whole team is entitled, tomlin too. no accountability, no discipline, no attention to detail. buddy buddy, look at me, cool shades, with his gibber jabber BS. look at me go for 2 for no reason other to bring attention  to myself. 

i appreciate him taking the tean to the next level his firs year or two, since then , he hasnt cut it

Reality - people actually would just be happy if the Steelers were at least competitive against NE and not routinely embarrassed. Or if there weren't several games a year where really dumb decisions by the head coach didn't cost the Steelers playoff seeding (or keep the team out of the playoffs). You know, simple things for a guy who some want us to believe is actually some great head coach.

Archived