Week 15: Kessler v Sanchez? Johnson??? JAGS R-WORDS GDT

JiffyJag

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Let's get that top 5 pick.

We just lost to Josh Johnson. No reason to expect another win tbh.

So glad i watched a different game instead.  I don't think i could've handled losing to Josh "i just learned my teammates names on Madden this week" Johnson.  That's just unacceptable really.

Just now, Tugboat said:

So glad i watched a different game instead.  I don't think i could've handled losing to Josh "i just learned my teammates names on Madden this week" Johnson.  That's just unacceptable really.

It was pathetic.

I don’t know why they don’t put the ball in Dede’s hands more. He’s the only playmaker we have. 

Like, the Redskins have had all kinds of injuries, including their 1st and 2nd string QBs, projected starting RB, and some key OLine...and i don't think it'd be outrageous to say the Jaguars were the more talented team overall going into this year in the first place.  They pick a QB off his couch and beat the Jaguars?  Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Wait, wait, wait I thought it was too early to blow the whole thing up. 🤷‍♂️

Take a team to the AFCC game after being in the cellar for a decade your first year and generally you have a lot more leeway than one season. You act like it's the norm to cycle thru coaches 2 years after hiring them.

After what we're seeing I'm here for it but I also realize that the man will have been here for two years and led us to a deep playoff run in one of those years when the expectations were much lower going into the year. 

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Take a team to the AFCC game after being in the cellar for a decade your first year and generally you have a lot more leeway than one season. You act like it's the norm to cycle thru coaches 2 years after hiring them.

After what we're seeing I'm here for it but I also realize that the man will have been here for two years and led us to a deep playoff run in one of those years when the expectations were much lower going into the year. 

Comes to find out It was all smoke and mirrors Marrone benefitted from a beat up division and bad QB play. The colts roster is top to bottom no where as good as the Jags roster but they managed to finish with a better record than the Jags. Its unacceptable.. I mean you lose to Josh Johnson? You don’t want to change coaches in 2 years but personally I don’t think it’s a knee jerk reaction. You have to keep up with the Jones’s what game this year other than the pats game have you been impressed by the game plan? But yet Doug Pederson is tied with the most starters rotated with 46 this season and they can put on a solid performance on national TV against 1 of the best teams in the league. If the Jags played the Rams last night coming off a bye they’d still lose by 2 TDs or more.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Marrone is Mularkey in black and teal, they are cut from the same exact cloth. We fired him after our first playoff appearance and win in years and you guys should as well. Like Mularkey, Marrone isn’t a guy that is going to be able to consistently put together winning game plans week in and week out. He can’t scheme. They are both stuck in the mindset of decades past. Unless his roster just out-talents you he won’t win on a consistent basis. The same was true for Mularkey. Last year was fools gold for them both with how easy their schedules were and how healthy both teams stayed. I’m just glad our GM was able to see through it.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Typically, yeah...you'd think a coach gets a bit of extra leeway after finally getting the Jaguars back to the playoffs and basically half a game away from the Super Bowl.  Even if this year doesn't go well.

But at this point, the way this team is playing, the teams they're losing to...i think you have to legitimately wonder if it's gone too far down that road to actually bounce back next year and have the team come into camp ready to actually battle and go to war for Marrone again.  If it's as bad as it looks externally, i just don't see how you can bring back a coach that this team can no longer buy into.

Archived