Crazy crazy stat.

hornbybrown

10 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Another good stat, the pass to Perriman was the longest completed pass this season for distance of the throw. 

Just laugh in in the face of anyone who ever questions Bakers arm strength 

Shame he lost his balance, could have been 6, not that it really matters we scored anyway. Same with Higgins, he may have scored if he didn't drop the ball Mayfield could have had 3 TDs. Well,  he could have added more without the fumbles but it all worked out in the end.

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Another good stat, the pass to Perriman was the longest completed pass this season for distance of the throw. 

Just laugh in in the face of anyone who ever questions Bakers arm strength 

It was always an asinine argument tbh.

It’s like some people saw his build and assumed he was Colt McCoy or something.

Dude’s always had a cannon.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Keeping Freddie still trumps my interest in who the HC is. 

Well if Freddie isn’t the HC, he could become a dark horse guy this hiring season. If the success carries over to next season, he will be be one of the top HC candidates prolly. 

Unless you promote Freddie to HC, who the HC is extremely important becuase Freddie is gone next season. If he is not, his offense magic left him.

I'm in the camp that G.Will personally challenged the OL. The whole unit has been playing lights out, both Guards have been playing like elite guards, Tretter is becoming a fan fav with his inspiring play during an injury, Hubbard has gotten his act together and Robinson has been more than serviceable. I just see the OL blocking better and Baker is moving well inside of the pocket.

I honestly don't know why Kitchens gets all of this credit for the OL blocking tbh, maybe its the en vogue thing to do, Not attacking Kitchens in any way either and I hope he stays but this one has me scratching my head.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm intrigued to see how we do keeping Baker clean this week with arguably the best DE duo in the NFL and some very average at best (that's being generous) OT.

We did the impossible the Texans game with Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, why not again? But something tells me there are going to blitz, you can't just let Baker sit back there and pick you apart IMO.

29 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm in the camp that G.Will personally challenged the OL. The whole unit has been playing lights out, both Guards have been playing like elite guards, Tretter is becoming a fan fav with his inspiring play during an injury, Hubbard has gotten his act together and Robinson has been more than serviceable. I just see the OL blocking better and Baker is moving well inside of the pocket.

I honestly don't know why Kitchens gets all of this credit for the OL blocking tbh, maybe its the en vogue thing to do, Not attacking Kitchens in any way either and I hope he stays but this one has me scratching my head.

For me it’s because the change happened immediately with the change in OC.

It’s not as if a player can just will themselves to go for playing to terrible to serviceable because someone motivated them, not for weeks/months, and not a whole group.

I think Freddie has installed a far less predictable offense than Haley ran and emphasized getting the ball out quickly and doing the types of things Baker likes as opposed to trying to make Baker adjust to the system.

Elite QB play will always trump OL when it comes to sack numbers, pressures, etc. Baker does an incredible job of getting rid of the ball, feeling pressure, climbing the pocket and using his legs when he has to. He’s not putting his OL in an awful position like others have.

I think Bitonio and Zeitler are playing like elite G’s because that’s what they are, just like Tretter and Hubbard are serviceable. The constant nag for “we need more OL” from the fans has always been due to a lack of understanding re: the game as opposed to an actual need for better OL.  

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

^^^^^^

Will continue to co-sign this.

Would you rather keep Gregg Wiliams and his experience as the HC or Kitchens? I just think Kitchens would be making a MASSIVE leap and not sure if he is ready for that. I want to make sure he is around but I think 1a. Bruce Arians 1b. Gregg Williams 1c. Kitchens as HC.

34 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We did the impossible the Texans game with Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, why not again? But something tells me there are going to blitz, you can't just let Baker sit back there and pick you apart IMO.

Honestly, from what Baker has shown, you’d better not only blitz, but they’d better be exotic as hell and well disguised or he’ll pick you apart.

Sit back in coverage and if the receivers sit in the soft spots, he’ll pick you apart.

Open the playbook, hope to fool him a few times and force a couple picks.  That’s the best option right now imo.

3 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Would you rather keep Gregg Wiliams and his experience as the HC or Kitchens? I just think Kitchens would be making a MASSIVE leap and not sure if he is ready for that. I want to make sure he is around but I think 1a. Bruce Arians 1b. Gregg Williams 1c. Kitchens as HC.

Gregggg doesn’t move the needle much for me. Our defense hasn’t been good and I don’t think being the HC is that big of a jump tbh.

People were worried he’d never called plays before, looks fine to me....

The guy has been around the game for 30 years or more and a coach for 20. He was coaching football for a living while McVay was in middle school.

I think he’d be fine.

Archived