Week 15 - Rams vs Eagles - SNF

RamRod

On 12/14/2018 at 5:23 PM, Riftty said:

Anyone else here have a bad feeling about the Foles thing? Im not saying Foles is better than Wentz... But I would rather have faced Wentz. Foles is that unknown factor that gets hot and lights it up.

Don't wanna be that guy...but told ya so....

38 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Don't wanna be that guy...but told ya so....

I doubt we fare any better with Wentz. Our team played like hot garbage last night. I don't know what is wrong with Wade and the defense, but the blown assignments at this point in the season are inexcusable.

I'm starting to agree with the statement Chris Collinsworth made last night. Our depth is very thin and it's start to show now that we are late in the season. We put money and resources into to guys making us top heavy, but it's the teams that show depth that survive. Oline looked old and depleted, is it time to make a switch before the playoffs with Allen at Center? Reynolds is not a solid #3, misses blocks and doesn't contest poorly thrown balls.

Secondary is just atrocious. No one on the Dline is getting pressure while Donald is commanding double teams. I feel like we are a 1 and done playoff team....and I didn't even bring up Goff once in that whole speech.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Infuriating game. I think we might need to move on from Wade after the season. The defense is a mess. They don't play assignment-sound football. The offense has too many stretches of poop play right now. If teams want to sit back and take away the deep ball, we should let them. Play with the mindset we did right before the half and in the 4th quarter. Dink and dunk all damn day long if they aren't going to stop it. Don't force passes down the field. Kill them with short passes.

I started thinking that about Wade after probably week 5 or 6.  I imagined our defense to be pretty much unstoppable at the start of the season with all of the offseason signings we did.  Maybe a new DC is the answer to fixing our defense? Way too much talent to be getting blown out every game and not being able to stop anyone for the most part.  I mean AD is getting triple teamed pretty much every snap....Suh should be having a field day because of it...other as well, but Suh especially. 

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

would you rather have Foles or Goff as QB right now heading into the playoffs?

I would still take Goff. He definitely didn't play well, but he was getting hit every play. We desperately need that forst round bye to give our dudes rest.

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Thats easy. Ill take Goff. You do realize as good as Foles possibly played last night he nearly lost them the game? He threw a bad interception that led the Rams to drive right down the field to score. Then the next drive the Rams forced the Eagles to punt. Natson fumbled but even then Foles didnt do anything with the opportunity, put Elliot in a bad position to try to FG attempt and he missed. The Rams still had a chance to tie. Goff showed even in a terrible game last night that he is really good in the 4th quarter. He nearly erased a 17pt lead all in the 4th quarter. Thats with him missing some throws in the quarter and having a rough 3 quarters before then. 

Goff proved to me in the Vikings, Chiefs, Saints, Packers, and Seahawks (at Seattle) games that he is the QB I want. Im not taking a slump to make me change my mind. He is going to lead us to the Superbowl and I still believe its this season. Goff is a resilient guy and what better way to be resilient than to go win a Superbowl coming off a late season slump heading into the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Goff.  Foles was getting relatively clean interiors of the pocket last night (in part because the refereeing crew refused to call some blatant holds that even I could see from the upper rows of the field level section on Donald) until the mid-4th quarter.  We got away with some holding as well, but not at the rate the Eagles were allowed early on.  But to Goff specifically, his footwork when the point of the pocket breaks down has gone to hell and I'm not sure if that's because Kupp's not there to be the safety valve he can rely on knowing exactly where he'll be, but I have a feeling that has something to do with it.

Our Dline sans Donald and Suh are a joke. 

I hate Brockers so much, and this FO won’t dare cut him either. Wade holds no one accountable. And mcvay looks lost with Goff. They won’t take the short stuff and they’re forcing the deep plays. It’s Martz 2.0 when he’s so stubborn. 

I think we need to start using Everett more than Reynolds. I think he presents a bigger mismatch. Our 11 personnel with Kupp was so deadly because of the mismatches we could create. Reynolds just doesn't have the same ability. With Everett, you at least put them in a bind where they have to decide whether to go base defense and cover him with a LB, go nickel and let him block a CB, or go big nickel and try to handle him with a safety. Everett still makes a mistake every now and then with his route running, but he's such a gifted and dynamic athlete.

I also think we should consider starting Brian Allen over Sullivan against the Cardinals. Let's see how the kid handles himself and give Sully a rest. Sully hasn't looked good in weeks. He's likely hitting a wall due to his age. Rest might do him good, and we might find out that Allen is the better player.

Finally, I would like to see us experiment with different ILBs in the next two weeks. I want to see Kiser or Hager in for Barron. If we're going to go zone heavy, it only makes sense to run out one of those two guys because of their superiority in run defense.

Goff missed so many throws yesterday. That TD to Gerald was there instead we took 3.. Im thinking all the hits are wearing him out. The Oline looks nothing like the first 5-7 weeks of the season. I love this team and maybe we do pick it up, but this team looks flat. With Gurley down our offense looks inept... 

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think we need to start using Everett more than Reynolds. I think he presents a bigger mismatch. Our 11 personnel with Kupp was so deadly because of the mismatches we could create. Reynolds just doesn't have the same ability. With Everett, you at least put them in a bind where they have to decide whether to go base defense and cover him with a LB, go nickel and let him block a CB, or go big nickel and try to handle him with a safety. Everett still makes a mistake every now and then with his route running, but he's such a gifted and dynamic athlete.

I also think we should consider starting Brian Allen over Sullivan against the Cardinals. Let's see how the kid handles himself and give Sully a rest. Sully hasn't looked good in weeks. He's likely hitting a wall due to his age. Rest might do him good, and we might find out that Allen is the better player.

Finally, I would like to see us experiment with different ILBs in the next two weeks. I want to see Kiser or Hager in for Barron. If we're going to go zone heavy, it only makes sense to run out one of those two guys because of their superiority in run defense.

Couldn't agree more. Allen at Center and Kiser at MLB would be my expectation to try to fix our rush defense and run offense; while also providing rest for Sully. I wouldn't mind giving Noteboom a look at LT and giving Whit a rest vs Arizona/SF as well.

Kiser could be the spark we need to stop the run and I expect McVay to be living in his office for the next 2 weeks until he gets it figured out. I don't understand why we don't go more two TE sets with Higbee and Everett like he had with Reed/Vernon davis in Washington. It would be beneficial for Goff to have Hibgee be that safety valve to dump off and would give defenses a look they haven't seen all season compared to the 3W 1 TE we've been showing all year that's essentially been dissected and figured out.

16 hours ago, El ramster said:

Goff missed so many throws yesterday. That TD to Gerald was there instead we took 3.. Im thinking all the hits are wearing him out. The Oline looks nothing like the first 5-7 weeks of the season. I love this team and maybe we do pick it up, but this team looks flat. With Gurley down our offense looks inept... 

The missed TD was on Gerald. The missed TD on the next play to Gurley was on Goff. Gerald ran a wheel route and bent his route back inside towards the coverage after clearing the defender. Goff threw the ball to the outside expecting that he'd continue straight up the field. If Gerald had run straight up the field, the throw would have been on the money. That's what I mean when I say Gerald still makes mistakes.

There was another play later in the game where Gerald sat it down in a hole in the coverage and then took off running right when Goff threw to him. The pass ended up behind him because of that. He's still developing those aspects of his game. That's something we really miss with Kupp. Him and Goff were almost always on the same page.

Archived