Week 15 GDT: Wentz's Back in LA: The Rams vs the Mangled Corpse of the Eagles

EaglesPeteC

Wentz has had a back issue for weeks and they let him still play? That has to be the riskiest/worst decision in NFL history. A back injury is no joke and shouldn't be played with. 

But imagine how good Wentz will be next year when fully healthy considering the numbers he put up year playing limited games and injured. 

53 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

WTF is this report about us hiding a back fracture from Wentz from a month? I really hope it isn't true, I just can't see how hiding an injury from a player can ever be justified. We really trying to betray the trust of our golden child?

I know I sound like a broken record but this medical staff has to be the worst in the league.

22 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If all this is true, and if I’m Carson, I’m outta Philly. What is this trash about? I hope there’s some kind of an explanation. 

If I'm anybody, I'm out of Philly... You broke your back, but we're not gonna tell you for a month? Outrageous... A bit too outrageous to believe, so hopefully it's not true and there's much more to this story.

The reason I don't buy it at face value is that it just doesn't make sense, why would WE lie to Carson? If anything, Carson would lie to us, he is the fiery competitor who we've had to protect from himself. I am positive he would play through anything he physically could, such as this back injury, of course more often than not that spells trouble long term and pretty much every team (except us apparently) would step in and shut it down, despite the players' protest. 

What I do buy, I mean it seems pretty much confirmed at this point, is Carson having had a back injury for over a month and playing anyway. Weren't we trying to bring him along slowly? Or are they for some reason only concerned about the knee and forgot that other body parts can be hurt and limit a QB's career? Baffling decision not to just shut down his season.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If I'm anybody, I'm out of Philly... You broke your back, but we're not gonna tell you for a month? Outrageous... A bit too outrageous to believe, so hopefully it's not true and there's much more to this story.

The reason I don't buy it at face value is that it just doesn't make sense, why would WE lie to Carson? If anything, Carson would lie to us, he is the fiery competitor who we've had to protect from himself. I am positive he would play through anything he physically could, such as this back injury, of course more often than not that spells trouble long term and pretty much every team (except us apparently) would step in and shut it down, despite the players' protest. 

What I do buy, I mean it seems pretty much confirmed at this point, is Carson having had a back injury for over a month and playing anyway. Weren't we trying to bring him along slowly? Or are they for some reason only concerned about the knee and forgot that other body parts can be hurt and limit a QB's career? Baffling decision not to just shut down his season.

From what I hear, Doug didn’t know about it. But the front office did. It’s still insane but that could be the disconnect. I find it extremely hard to believe Lurie and Howie would operate this way but the pressure to repeat that success could do crazy things to you. But the fact that the medical team reports directly to the FO first could mean a sort of a cover up. But man, how damning that would be for all involved. 

Not buying any of this BS. Makes even less sense from a GM/Ownership perspective "Not" to inform your FQB or his HC.

Especially with the SB MVP sitting on the Bench.

Now Wentz not saying anything or minimizing the overall effects to stay on the field, that is absolutely plausible!!!

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We just love the worst case scenario around here don't we? 

Of course we do. We’re eagles fan. I have not been listening to the radio anymore since I don’t need to hear Angelo Cataldi yelling about worst case scenarios and it ruining the start of my day. 

How crazy would it be if Nicky Nine Inch repeated in almost the same exact fashion?!

No existing measure of glorification would suffice to do him any justice.  A Nick Foles Testament would have be added to the Bible to speak of his works and tribulations.

Archived