Week 15 GDT: Wentz's Back in LA: The Rams vs the Mangled Corpse of the Eagles

EaglesPeteC

21 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Interesting that this news came out of nowhere, perhaps the back injury came out of nowhere... You see, I pulled my back yesterday hauling a fallen tree across the yard, and then suddenly today we learn Wentz has a bad back? I think we all know what I'm getting at here, me and Carson likely have a bond that transcends our current understanding of science.

The Eagles knew this weeks ago.
You don't advertise it when it may affect how teams attack you.

I predicted a mystery injury hours after the Cowboys game.
I said he'd be benched.

How convenient.
# N'Keal Harry

STAND THE HELL UP.. THE MANDINGO IS HERE.. WHERE MY LADIES AT.. TUDDY NATION.. 

COX NATION.. WHERE THEY AT DOE.. 

lol jk.. I know y'all hurt more than a wounded animal. Oh well.. At least we could all drink and enjoy this game on sunday.

Here's to Foles dropping 8 Ints to help you out in a top 10 pick. Much love.

*The master debater. 

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

STAND THE HELL UP.. THE MANDINGO IS HERE.. WHERE MY LADIES AT.. TUDDY NATION.. 

COX NATION.. WHERE THEY AT DOE.. 

lol jk.. I know y'all hurt more than a wounded animal. Oh well.. At least we could all drink and enjoy this game on sunday.

Here's to Foles dropping 8 Ints to help you out in a top 10 pick. Much love.

*The master debater. 

We need Foles to play just well enough to not win but convince a team to trade for him

The Rams are beatable. It comes down to a few things:

1) getting pressure with 4 or 5. You can't blitz them because they are so good at screens, but you guys have the DL to get pressure without blitzing, so you have a shot. Goff rarely gets pressured, 

2) not losing track of gurley. Too many times teams vacate space when they see him pass block and they dump it off to him for easy chunk plays. He is a very well rounded back so you just need to make sure you know where he is and keep a body on him at all times. The bears did a great job of this, gurley would step up like he was going to pass block after play action and they had a defender on his hip. Goff usually keeps his eyes downfield and then comes to gurley LATE only once everyone else is covered or if he feels pressure. So if you are generating pressure, Goff will look to gurley as an emergency blanket and if there is someone on his hip it will open the door for negative plays where Goff is forced to eat the ball or where you can tackle gurley for a loss. This play is a huge part of their offense. 

3) give cooks all of the attention on the outside. I know your corners are all young and inexperienced but since they lost Cooper cupp you can basically double cooks. Robert woods is solid, but he's not exactly someone that you fear. He's pretty well rounded and he has good length but he can be stopped with one guy. Gerald Everett has played better, but still not someone that you fear all that much right now. Cooks is the real threat on the outside now. 

The last two games Patricia and Fangio have put the game plan on film of how to slow down/stop the Rams offense. I think teams have started to figure out Goff and I don't think mcvay has adjusted either. 

Their secondary has played extremely poorly, Marcus Peters has been hurt and lost his mojo, you can go at him all game long with a guy like golden Tate. Mark Barron is pretty good at covering TEs, but I still think that matchup favors ertz. 

You gotta block Donald, which is easier said than done, but I think that your offense can scheme it up where you get the ball out quickly and have success. 

Cheer up lads! 

The Vikings suck, the Panthers suck, you guys suck. One of those three will make it in! 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

3) give cooks all of the attention on the outside. I know your corners are all young and inexperienced but since they lost Cooper cupp you can basically double cooks. Robert woods is solid, but he's not exactly someone that you fear. He's pretty well rounded and he has good length but he can be stopped with one guy. Gerald Everett has played better, but still not someone that you fear all that much right now. Cooks is the real threat on the outside now. 

What? Robert Woods has been our most consistent WR this year and hasn't been stopped by anybody since Week 1. His worst game since Week 1 is 7 catches for 61 yards against the Bears. I wish them luck if they think doubling Cooks is the answer. Frankly, the Eagles are in a bad spot with their secondary, but they already know that.

The last two games Patricia and Fangio have put the game plan on film of how to slow down/stop the Rams offense. I think teams have started to figure out Goff and I don't think mcvay has adjusted either. 

I guess we'll see. I don't believe that Goff has suddenly been "figured out" because he had two bad games.

Their secondary has played extremely poorly, Marcus Peters has been hurt and lost his mojo, you can go at him all game long with a guy like golden Tate. Mark Barron is pretty good at covering TEs, but I still think that matchup favors ertz. 

The secondary has played extremely well since Talib returned. Peters, especially, looks a lot better. Barron has sucked this year. Ertz will likely feast against us unless we put Talib or Peters on him.

Archived