Week 15 GDT: Wentz's Back in LA: The Rams vs the Mangled Corpse of the Eagles

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Robert Woods has been our most consistent WR this year and hasn't been stopped by anybody since Week 1. His worst game since Week 1 is 7 catches for 61 yards against the Bears. I wish them luck if they think doubling Cooks is the answer. Frankly, the Eagles are in a bad spot with their secondary, but they already know that.

Woods is consistent, yes. Consistently above average, but he's less dangerous than Brandon Cooks. The point I am making is that you no longer have a three headed monster at WR after Cooper cupp went down. It's one dynamic playmaker and one guy who has solid all around game but isn't quite as talented.

Woods is good for his 5-7 catches for 70-80 yards and 0 TDs. That's really solid, yet unspectacular production and if I'm an opposing DC I feel pretty comfortable lineing up one defender on him for 90% of the game. You have to pick and choose who to give extra attention to. Before cupp was out, that decision was a lot harder. 

I am not speaking directly about the eagles secondary, their secondary has not played well, obviously. The point is, the Rams aren't some unstoppable force right now on offense like they were 3-4 weeks ago. The right team CAN slow them down, the gameplan does exist, teams are adjusting to the Rams and they haven't adjusted back as of yet. It's the NFL, that's what happens

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I guess we'll see. I don't believe that Goff has suddenly been "figured out" because he had two bad games.

He has been due for some regression. He's played out of his mind in certain stretches. He has been pressured a lot more these last two weeks and it's no surprise those were basically his worst two games of the season. (I don't have stats for his pressure rate but as someone who watched both games that was how it felt) the Rams OL and scheme have kept a clean pocket for him the last two years and he's incredible when he's comfortable and has time to throw the ball. 

The eagles DL gets after it. Getting pressure with 4 sometimes 5 is the first step. The eagles can absolutely do that. 

DOGS

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

Woods is consistent, yes. Consistently above average, but he's less dangerous than Brandon Cooks. The point I am making is that you no longer have a three headed monster at WR after Cooper cupp went down. It's one dynamic playmaker and one guy who has solid all around game but isn't quite as talented.

Woods is good for his 5-7 catches for 70-80 yards and 0 TDs. That's really solid, yet unspectacular production and if I'm an opposing DC I feel pretty comfortable lineing up one defender on him for 90% of the game. You have to pick and choose who to give extra attention to. Before cupp was out, that decision was a lot harder. 

Yeah, I think you're selling Robert Woods way short. He has more receiving yards than Stefon Diggs, T.Y. Hilton, and Zach Ertz. He has only 6 less receptions and 20 less yards than Odell Beckham Jr. He's much more than a solid all-around WR. Losing Cooper Kupp definitely hurts. Instead of having three guys who are all arguably Pro Bowl WRs, we only have two now. But the idea that you're fine just leaving a guy on Woods isn't sound. It looks like the Eagles will be stuck putting either Cre'von LeBlanc or Avonte Maddox or De'Vante Bausby on Woods. You're crazy if you think Goff won't feed Woods if he's left 1 on 1 all day long against those guys.

I am not speaking directly about the eagles secondary, their secondary has not played well, obviously. The point is, the Rams aren't some unstoppable force right now on offense like they were 3-4 weeks ago. The right team CAN slow them down, the gameplan does exist, teams are adjusting to the Rams and they haven't adjusted back as of yet. It's the NFL, that's what happens

Again, you're putting way too much stock in two games. The right team can slow any offense down. But the Rams are only two games divorced from that monster game against Kansas City. Based on the logic you're employing now, you must think the Saints have been figured out too?

He has been due for some regression. He's played out of his mind in certain stretches. He has been pressured a lot more these last two weeks and it's no surprise those were basically his worst two games of the season. (I don't have stats for his pressure rate but as someone who watched both games that was how it felt) the Rams OL and scheme have kept a clean pocket for him the last two years and he's incredible when he's comfortable and has time to throw the ball. 

The eagles DL gets after it. Getting pressure with 4 sometimes 5 is the first step. The eagles can absolutely do that. 

DOGS

He's a young QB. He's not going to put up elite numbers in every game. I think you're overestimating the significance of two games.

Saint Nick is going to handing out gifts tonight. You get a pick, you get a pick, you get a sack, you get a sack, you want a fumble? You get a fumble. Hey Donald needs 6.5 sacks to break the single season sack record. Saint Nick, give Donald 3 sacks tonight.

In all seriousness though, this isnt a good spot for the Eagles. Poor secondary against Goff who is scary good at home. The Rams average 37pts and 427yds on offense at home. Goff by himself is averaging 357yds and almost 3tds at home. He is completing 72% of his passes at home. Thats not a good recipe. On top of that, the Eagles got all the Rams focus because of the bad game offensively wise the Rams played against the Bears. So this isnt a game the Rams are going to be taking lightly. The Rams still are playing for a 1st round bye and the 1 seed. Not to mention last season the Rams were beating the Eagles when Wentz got hurt then Foles came in and led the Eagles to the comeback win. The Rams havent forgotten about that. So my question is if this game will be competitive?

I hate this for the Eagles because no Wentz and I wish they could catch the Cowboys and disappoint all the Cowboys fans who are sitting pretty right now thinking Superbowl. Thats not the case though because again the Eagles are in a very tough spot. Just rest Wentz and get him healthy for next season and go get a legit back like Bell or someone in the offseason and be back stronger than ever. My dream is still Rams v Eagles in the NFCCG. So lets make that happen next season with Goff and Wentz both being great. 

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Saint Nick is going to handing out gifts tonight. You get a pick, you get a pick, you get a sack, you get a sack, you want a fumble? You get a fumble. Hey Donald needs 6.5 sacks to break the single season sack record. Saint Nick, give Donald 3 sacks tonight.

In all seriousness though, this isnt a good spot for the Eagles. Poor secondary against Goff who is scary good at home. The Rams average 37pts and 427yds on offense at home. Goff by himself is averaging 357yds and almost 3tds at home. He is completing 72% of his passes at home. Thats not a good recipe. On top of that, the Eagles got all the Rams focus because of the bad game offensively wise the Rams played against the Bears. So this isnt a game the Rams are going to be taking lightly. The Rams still are playing for a 1st round bye and the 1 seed. Not to mention last season the Rams were beating the Eagles when Wentz got hurt then Foles came in and led the Eagles to the comeback win. The Rams havent forgotten about that. So my question is if this game will be competitive?

I hate this for the Eagles because no Wentz and I wish they could catch the Cowboys and disappoint all the Cowboys fans who are sitting pretty right now thinking Superbowl. Thats not the case though because again the Eagles are in a very tough spot. Just rest Wentz and get him healthy for next season and go get a legit back like Bell or someone in the offseason and be back stronger than ever. My dream is still Rams v Eagles in the NFCCG. So lets make that happen next season with Goff and Wentz both being great. 

the eagles have only had two games that they weren't competitive in dougs 3 years bengals year 1 and saints this year. 

Archived