TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

I'm a bit wary about us being banged up for this game. Tyreek Hill and Spencer Ware both had some minor injuries against Baltimore. Watkins is already hurt. So we're a bit banged up at the skill positions.

But I just don't know that I can pick the Chargers against us. It's been so long since we've lost against them. That and it being a home game on Thursday night makes me think we pull it out.

I'm so disappointed Ware is doubtful.  I was all over Damien Williams in DFS.   Dammit now everyone will be on him.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if Tyreek Hill is more of a decoy - dude was hobbling hard at the end of that game.  Once the adrenaline wears off, and the stiffness sets in, well, I doubt he's even close to 90 percent, more like 70-80 percent.   Which don't get me wrong, is still a helluva player.  But not all-world.   He normally gives the Chargers (and pretty much any D) fits.   I think we're going to see a lot of Damien Williams, Kelce and whoever the next WR is (it used to be Conley, but seems to be shifting back to Demarcus Robinson).

On the Chargers side, they are shorthanded on O with both MG3 and Ekeler doubtful.  Justin Jackson should eat, but their 4th RB bowling ball probably gets some work.   It's time for Keenan Allen & Rivers to step up here and get over the struggles they've had (more Rivers than Allen).   It will be a test, as Chris Jones and Dee Ford will do their best to get to Rivers and disrupt him.

Losing K-Hunt and now Ware, it will be fascinating to see how committed to the run KC remains.   It's the best way to wear out the LAC D for sure.

A LAC W wouldn't shock me at all - I'm hoping for another prime time classic (instead of the prime time turds we got on SNF/MNF this past week).

He normally gives the Chargers (and pretty much any D) fits. 

He was the reason why we lost in week one.

The Chargers defense actually wasn't all that bad in that game. Mahomes was only 15/27 and the Chiefs only ran 55 plays and the Chargers won the TOP. The issue was the chunk plays downfield and that is where Hill killed us. 

Our safeties (really just Addae) need to be more discipline. Or Hill, even on a bad foot, will have a field day. 

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Have read a lot about him. Looking forward to seeing how that Chargers' D is in general.

This article about him is pretty interesting. His versatility is incredible:

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/11/29/18117075/derwin-james-los-angeles-chargers-perfect-nfl-defender?utm_campaign=theringer&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

When James reported for OTAs in early May, Bradley decided to keep every defensive option open for him. The staff’s plan was to try James at several positions across the defense and decide which roles suited him best. Slowly, they learned that James could thrive no matter where they dropped him. “Sometimes, he’s like a defensive end, and he’s rushing,” Milus says.

“Sometimes he’s playing dime and he’s doing different things. We’re just using the skills that he has, and he’s been able to handle it.” During the Chargers’ season opener, a 38-28 loss to the Chiefs, James notched his first career sack and knocked down a pass about 40 yards downfield that had been intended for De’Anthony Thomas—the same De’Anthony Thomas who clocked a 4.34-second 40-yard dash time at his pro day in 2014.

Plenty of teams use big-bodied safeties like James all over the field. What sets James apart, though, is that he isn’t just playing multiple roles to keep offenses off balance. He truly excels in each one. In the same way that his pass-rush snaps were more than just a gimmick at Florida State, James’s role as a blitzer has been a defining trait of the Chargers defense. On 43 rushes, he’s logged four sacks, two additional quarterback hits, and nine hurries. That’s good for a pass rush productivity number of 22.1, according to Pro Football Focus. No other player has a PRP higher than 16.7 this season.

Archived