Lamar Jackson officially starting QB over (healthy) Flacco

wackywabbit

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1072888289345069056

"Healthy" as in Flacco is cleared and fully practicing. Harbaugh made it official today. I think it was still an open debate even with Lamar doing pretty well and the team responding well overall to him being there. Huge call for a team fighting for a playoff spot.

May be the end of a decade of Flacco for the Ravens. 

He earned it IMO, he isn't a good passer right now but you look at other rookies (Rosen...) and they look pretty bad too.

Buuuut, he helps that run game, and that plays right into the hands of their very good defense.

I'm rooting for him to improve his passing though.

EDIT: And the fact that Flacco is a terrible QB nowadays.

This was the right decision. Jackson is going to have the run game rolling the rest of the way and when you combine that with the defense, the Ravens will be in pretty much every game regardless of who they face. Jackson is definitely flawed but why would you go back to Flacco when you know exactly what you are getting with him?

After Sunday it’s pretty hard to argue against this in terms of both the business aspect and the football aspect of the decision.  Lamar put them in position to win on Sunday before Mahomes made an absurd no look pass on 4th down.  He actually showed some improvement as a passer last game as well, I thought that 40 yard pass to the end zone in the 3rd quarter was a dime that could have been caught 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This was the right decision. Jackson is going to have the run game rolling the rest of the way and when you combine that with the defense, the Ravens will be in pretty much every game regardless of who they face. Jackson is definitely flawed but why would you go back to Flacco when you know exactly what you are getting with him?

The belief that what you have now is good enough and that change could possibly be worse without considering that it could also very much more likely be better.

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

After Sunday it’s pretty hard to argue against this in terms of both the business aspect and the football aspect of the decision.  Lamar put them in position to win on Sunday before Mahomes made an absurd no look pass on 4th down.  He actually showed some improvement as a passer last game as well, I thought that 40 yard pass to the end zone in the 3rd quarter was a dime that could have been caught 

Agreed. He looked pretty good for the most part. Still has bad throws (seen in the twitter thread below) but also a lot of good stuff.

Archived