This team needs a 2nd round WR/TE/RB or equivalent FA

skibrett15

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It just depends .. some guys are more savvy than others.  A guy like Golden Tate would probably hit it off with Rodgers immediately.  He's super polished and a good route runner .. a finished product.  I was really interested in a guy like Emmanuel Sanders prior to his getting hurt .. a savvy vet should be able to win Rodgers over quickly.

I very much agree about Tate.  I like him more than others (in free agency) because of how he plays.  He can take screens a long way.  Little passes that turn into big plays.  I think Rodgers would really like him.

Agree about Sanders, too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It just depends .. some guys are more savvy than others.  A guy like Golden Tate would probably hit it off with Rodgers immediately.  He's super polished and a good route runner .. a finished product.  I was really interested in a guy like Emmanuel Sanders prior to his getting hurt .. a savvy vet should be able to win Rodgers over quickly.

Tate's also pretty good at catching hail marys B|

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The issue is that Rodgers DOES have this trust curve. You can't deny it. He has said it. Whether you're sick of hearing it or not, it's a thing. If you have to run a curl or a stick and the WR does not come back to the ball, or the WR runs a 3 step out in 4 steps instead, Rodgers is going to let them hear about it, and it will affect his targets

Fine.

Then when I'm his HC, I'm gonna tell him to get over it and throw the ******* ball. He gets paid to throw the football - and before this year - he seemed to have a handle on how to do it. The FO gets paid to put receiving talent on the field - for him to throw the ball to.

Not - to get to like the WRs
Not - to get to "trust" the WRs.
But to throw them the ball.
We've ALL watched and seen tape this year of Mr. AR NOT throwing the ball to open WRs. 

When I'm hired as the next HC - yes, best put me in your poll options - I'm gonna make a point to discuss the matter with AR.
And if I have to continue those discussions on the sideline during a game or two - I hope I dont make him cry.

Throw the ball.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:
6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The issue is that Rodgers DOES have this trust curve. You can't deny it. He has said it. Whether you're sick of hearing it or not, it's a thing. If you have to run a curl or a stick and the WR does not come back to the ball, or the WR runs a 3 step out in 4 steps instead, Rodgers is going to let them hear about it, and it will affect his targets

Fine.

Then when I'm his HC, I'm gonna tell him to get over it and throw the ******* ball. He gets paid to throw the football - and before this year - he seemed to have a handle on how to do it.
The FO gets paid to put receiving talent on the field - for him to throw the ball to.

Not - to get to like the WRs
Not - to get to "trust" the WRs.
But to throw them the ball.
We've ALL watched and seen tape this year of Mr. AR NOT throwing the ball to open WRs. 

When I'm hired as the next HC - yes, best put me in your poll options - I'm gonna make a point to discuss the matter with AR.
And if I have to continue those discussions on the sideline during a game or two - I hope I dont make him cry.

Throw the ball.

Leader

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I very much agree about Tate.  I like him more than others (in free agency) because of how he plays.  He can take screens a long way.  Little passes that turn into big plays.  I think Rodgers would really like him.

Agree about Sanders, too.

Tate could wind up being a bit of a bargain as well ... hasn't accomplished much since his trade to the Eagles ... numbers are down quite a bit this year.  Still should wind up with well over 800 yds though, and had two 1k seasons prior to this season.   

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

It was that or his love for maple glazed donuts...

In all seriousness I would be interested in Tate at the right price. 

Spotrac projects him to be a little under $11M/year.

You good with that?

If you follow that other guys' logic that GB should overspend to get free agents here.....then it's probably $13M/year.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Spotrac projects him to be a little under $11M/year.

You good with that?

If you follow that other guys' logic that GB should overspend to get free agents here.....then it's probably $13M/year.

Honestly, I'd rather pay half that to a guy like Tyrell Williams or someone else.

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I probably would as well.  I kind of see Tate as a much more productive Cobb, but I don't think he's worth 11 mil per at 30 years old.  7 or 8 mil .. I could stomach that.

He's probably going to be seeking a 3 or 4 year deal minimum, and given his age and what we've seen out of ESB and MVS I don't really want to bog down the position.  IF Marqise Lee can get $8.5M/year, Tate is easily going to get north of that.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm intrigued by those second tier WRs, like the kid from the Chargers that was mentioned.  I just temper my enthusiasm.

we have literally never seen this happen with Rodgers.  No FA WR has ever come in.  We've never seen a WR leave here and be productive.  Probably Greg Jennings was the closest.

Rodgers makes these WRs look better.  No one is arguing that.  We've never seen a player who we KNOW is talented on another team play with Rodgers.