Week 15 GDT: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

So I actually expect this to be a fairly close game. I don't think we will win, but we likely shut their run game and make it fairly difficult for Wilson and company. Their defense played lights out vs Denver and should do well against us, but this will be a low scoring 20-13 type of game. 

I just want to see the youngsters to continue to get more time and show what they got. Last game was encouraging in that sense. I want to see Mullens have the type of performance he had against Denver and for Pettis to continue to make plays. Can Spoon or Sherman FINALLY get their first INT of the season? Kittle with another 80+ yard game? 

Oh yeah, get Pettis some punt returns please. 

Im with you J, I think this will be a close game. I actually think we steal this win from them.

Maybe @Forge can post some stats about how teams do after a Monday night game when they are on the road the next week? They had a somewhat emotional win last week, then they play a team they know they are better than, a team they just beat by 30 like 10/11 days ago. They might be overlooking us. We also moved the ball on them, so you know we can and will score more points than the Vikings did. 

would be nice to get our first W against this team in the 'new' stadium lol 

49ers actually need to lose these last 3 games as much as it pains me to say it. If we stay on course, I'm guessing we still get the top pick even if the Raiders and Cardinals lose out. It depends on the SOS right? Well we face the Seahawks, Bears, and Rams. All are most likely going to the playoffs. Cardinals have Falcons, Rams, and Seahawks. Raiders have Bengals, Broncos, and Chiefs left. 

Best case scenario is that the 49ers lose gracefully. 

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

49ers actually need to lose these last 3 games as much as it pains me to say it. If we stay on course, I'm guessing we still get the top pick even if the Raiders and Cardinals lose out. It depends on the SOS right? Well we face the Seahawks, Bears, and Rams. All are most likely going to the playoffs. Cardinals have Falcons, Rams, and Seahawks. Raiders have Bengals, Broncos, and Chiefs left. 

Best case scenario is that the 49ers lose gracefully. 

Most likely scenario is the cards get the first pick based on sos if both teams lose out.  I believe they are the favorites to get it in most probability models. We do get the built in advantage of knowing we will have at least a one game advantage in sos starting next week, but I'm really not banking on that holding up given how everyone is playing

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Im with you J, I think this will be a close game. I actually think we steal this win from them.

Maybe @Forge can post some stats about how teams do after a Monday night game when they are on the road the next week? They had a somewhat emotional win last week, then they play a team they know they are better than, a team they just beat by 30 like 10/11 days ago. They might be overlooking us. We also moved the ball on them, so you know we can and will score more points than the Vikings did. 

would be nice to get our first W against this team in the 'new' stadium lol 

I got nothing lol

This is why you should almost always side with the player. Amazing how team doctors are the absolute worse. They do or say what's best for the team, rarely the player. This is why Charles Barkley said he would get a second opinion from an outside doctor to confirm the findings from the team doctor. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is why you should almost always side with the player. Amazing how team doctors are the absolute worse. They do or say what's best for the team, rarely the player. This is why Charles Barkley said he would get a second opinion from an outside doctor to confirm the findings from the team doctor. 

Agree wholeheartedly. I simply couldn't ever trust a team doctor. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Agree wholeheartedly. I simply couldn't ever trust a team doctor. 

Yeah, if I'm a player, I would always ask for a second opinion. It's not only that the team might hide things to their players in order to improve their chances to win. But doctors can miss something too. Your own health is way more important that football, and you can afford getting a second evaluation, so do it.

Archived