Week 15 GDT: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

Wow, so shady. 

But this is what ticked me so much when people attacked Kawhi saying the SA medical staff said he is healthy and ready to go. Like how are you just taking their word? Clearly Kawhi must not feel comfortable playing and originally the injury was misdiagnosed that started the entire conflict between the two parties.

And remember when the medical staff said Kap was healthy only for him to have like three operations in the offseason? L-O-L. 

And I believe PFF gave him that catch against Seattle that went for 45 yards on the opening drive which I disagree with. They probably said it was in his zone but it's not that simple. When Witherspoon saw there was no receiver or RB going out on route, he carried the WR for his entire route. It was a late developing play where the receiver from the other side came out late but the LB or S should have picked him up got deeper in their coverage. But I believe Harris and either Warner or Smith bit on the PA leaving Moore wide open. 

Still, allowing only 8 catches on 23 targets is really good. Has been our best corner by far the last four weeks. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And I believe PFF gave him that catch against Seattle that went for 45 yards on the opening drive which I disagree with. They probably said it was in his zone but it's not that simple. When Witherspoon saw there was no receiver or RB going out on route, he carried the WR for his entire route. It was a late developing play where the receiver from the other side came out late but the LB or S should have picked him up got deeper in their coverage. But I believe Harris and either Warner or Smith bit on the PA leaving Moore wide open. 

Still, allowing only 8 catches on 23 targets is really good. Has been our best corner by far the last four weeks. 

I want us to add competition for him next season (it doesn't hurt anyway to have as many solid corners as possible given this league, injuries, etc) rather than just giving him the starting nod, but it's nice to see him getting back on track. The play is definitely significantly improved for the back half of the year as opposed to the start, which was brutal. Young corners are given to inconsistency, but he'll have to knock those large stretches of bad play out. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I want us to add competition for him next season (it doesn't hurt anyway to have as many solid corners as possible given this league, injuries, etc) rather than just giving him the starting nod, but it's nice to see him getting back on track. The play is definitely significantly improved for the back half of the year as opposed to the start, which was brutal. Young corners are given to inconsistency, but he'll have to knock those large stretches of bad play out. 

Cornerback position is pretty much the most inconsistent position for young players early on minus possibly QB. A young corner can look great in his rookie season and look awful the next season. Look at Lattimore in his rookie season opposed to the first four weeks of this year. Granted, he has turned it around but that's just par for course for young corners. 

Bringing in competition is definitely something the team should do. We lack depth and the more depth the better with the amount of injuries this team seems to face year in and year out. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But this is what ticked me so much when people attacked Kawhi saying the SA medical staff said he is healthy and ready to go. Like how are you just taking their word? Clearly Kawhi must not feel comfortable playing and originally the injury was misdiagnosed that started the entire conflict between the two parties.

And remember when the medical staff said Kap was healthy only for him to have like three operations in the offseason? L-O-L. 

That's he went to a land of honesty and nobility. Canada. 

The true north strong and free. From far and wide, Oooooo Caaaanada, we stand on guard for theeeeeee!

On 12/12/2018 at 4:01 PM, N4L said:

Im with you J, I think this will be a close game. I actually think we steal this win from them.

Maybe @Forge can post some stats about how teams do after a Monday night game when they are on the road the next week? They had a somewhat emotional win last week, then they play a team they know they are better than, a team they just beat by 30 like 10/11 days ago. They might be overlooking us. We also moved the ball on them, so you know we can and will score more points than the Vikings did. 

would be nice to get our first W against this team in the 'new' stadium lol 

This is the game that clinches Seattle a playoff birth.  If they lost this game to this horrible team, I will be extremely disappointed and shocked.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

This is the game that clinches Seattle a playoff birth.  If they lost this game to this horrible team, I will be extremely disappointed and shocked.

Jacksonville said the same thing last year, and they got boat raced from start to finish

Maybe you forget the fact we outgained you on offense two weeks ago? We are a different team at home. 

I knew you guys would blow us out at your place, and on Friday of last week I said we were going to beat the broncos.. Now I am saying that this will be a close game and don't be surprised when we steal a win.

Vegas has it as a 4 point game. 

27 minutes ago, N4L said:

Jacksonville said the same thing last year, and they got boat raced from start to finish

Maybe you forget the fact we outgained you on offense two weeks ago? We are a different team at home. 

I knew you guys would blow us out at your place, and on Friday of last week I said we were going to beat the broncos.. Now I am saying that this will be a close game and don't be surprised when we steal a win.

I highly doubt the Seahawks will look past the Niners as an opponent partly because this is a division rival and because this game has so much riding on it.  The Niners are 3-3 at home, which is really good.  I'm not saying the game won't be close or competitive.  I'm just saying I would honestly be shocked if the Seahawks lost a game with this much riding on it to a team that is dumpster tier.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

I highly doubt the Seahawks will look past the Niners as an opponent partly because this is a division rival and because this game has so much riding on it.  The Niners are 3-3 at home, which is really good.  I'm not saying the game won't be close or competitive.  I'm just saying I would honestly be shocked if the Seahawks lost a game with this much riding on it to a team that is dumpster tier.

Yeah, I don't think we win this game. Not sure if we keep it close - your personnel and coaching staff just always seems to know how to get the better of it. Plus, Bobby Wagner is like a one man wrecking crew lol. You guys are going to cover Kittle well, and that bugs me because that is a lot of our offense right now. 

That being said - dumpster fire is strong for this team. To me, the raiders are a dumpster fire because I have no idea if they know what they are doing and right now, it just seems like there is no plan in place (though in fairness, year 1, it's more about tearing down than adding pieces). What they are doing this year includes their quarterback moving forward and most of their regular pieces. Ours does not. This team seems to know what it's doing at the very least - they just don't have talent and are insanely young right now with all the injuries. They have some pieces in place, and they should be very competitive next year with the additional of a true edge rusher on defense and an nfl starting quarterback in there (regardless of how good Jimmy may or may not be, he's leagues better than Mullens and CJ). The lack of consistency in the pass rush really hurts the team, and the complete lack of an edge rush is brutal, particularly when trying to create turnovers. Interior rushes will get to the quarterback, but aren't as good at creating turnovers. It also will struggle against a quarterback like Wilson who can easily maneuver the pocket (as we saw last night, the interior pass rush of KC was a problem for a pocket passer like Rivers for large chunks of the game, if that were Wilson, it wouldn't have had the same affect). 

42 minutes ago, N4L said:

Easy there cowboy lol.

We out gained them but we also had a gazillion turnovers and got a lot of our yards in the 2nd half when it was a blowout. 

But yes, I do believe it will be a close game....Where we lost it in the end like we always seems to do. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think we win this game. Not sure if we keep it close - your personnel and coaching staff just always seems to know how to get the better of it. Plus, Bobby Wagner is like a one man wrecking crew lol. You guys are going to cover Kittle well, and that bugs me because that is a lot of our offense right now. 

That being said - dumpster fire is strong for this team. To me, the raiders are a dumpster fire because I have no idea if they know what they are doing and right now, it just seems like there is no plan in place (though in fairness, year 1, it's more about tearing down than adding pieces). What they are doing this year includes their quarterback moving forward and most of their regular pieces. Ours does not. This team seems to know what it's doing at the very least - they just don't have talent and are insanely young right now with all the injuries. They have some pieces in place, and they should be very competitive next year with the additional of a true edge rusher on defense. The lack of consistency in the pass rush really hurts the team, and the complete lack of an edge rush is brutal, particularly when trying to create turnovers. Interior rushes will get to the quarterback, but aren't as good at creating turnovers. It also will struggle against a quarterback like Wilson who can easily maneuver the pocket (as we saw last night, the interior pass rush of KC was a problem for a pocket passer like Rivers for large chunks of the game, if that were Wilson, it wouldn't have had the same affect). 

I actually saw my post afterwards and thought that I shouldn't have said that because it seems really rude.  I just meant that in terms of a team that is 3-10 and vying for one of the top picks in the NFL Draft.  I didn't mean it as the Niners are a team in disarray.  They obviously have had some very unfortunate injuries and they will be much better next season.  I hold Kyle Shanahan in very high regard as one of the better coaches in the league.  I love him and think he's a QB/offensive genius. 

Archived