Week 15 GDT: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Man, Sherman was so happy lol. Love it, dude is a competitor and wanted this one badly.

I don't know how you watch that, and then be upset with the win. I mean, I get it I suppose, but things like that really take the bite off, you know? 

4 hours ago, Ataal said:

Call me a bad fan if you want, but I take no pleasure in this win.  I wanted our first win against Seattle to be next year when we're(hopefully) firing on all cylinders and just demolish them.  A field goal in overtime when we're 3-10 and knocks us down to draft pick #4 makes me sick to my stomach, honestly.  Long term, In no universe does this game turn out better for us as a win than a loss.  I don't care about the short term in a horrific losing season with 2 games left.  Maybe I just need to sleep on it, but I'm pretty disgusted right now. 

You're not alone. Now Seattle only has to worry about one division rival landing Bosa, when before two were in the mix. This worked out well for them. They're probably still going to the playoffs anyway.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know how you watch that, and then be upset with the win. I mean, I get it I suppose, but things like that really take the bite off, you know? 

Yeah, love the win especially when it was against the Seahawks a team that has owned us for years. Now, I may regret this win if we end up with a bust in the top 5 and Bosa is setting NFL sack records LOL. 

But I have faith in Poooooollllllliiiiiitttttttteeeeeeeeee. Really though, I need to start watching more prospects, barely have seen a few, aside from the pass rushers. 

Btw, call me crazy but I'm not convinced that the Cardinals go Bosa if they get the #1 pick. I see them either trading out of that pick or possibly taking a OL to help Rosen out. That offense is a mess and you have to be careful that Rosen isn't ruined early on. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well it's good for the players. Personally, I'm just thinking long term. It will be interesting if folks are still partying over the win when the 49ers are on the clock during the draft.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, love the win especially when it was against the Seahawks a team that has owned us for years. Now, I may regret this win if we end up with a bust in the top 5 and Bosa is setting NFL sack records LOL. 

But I have faith in Poooooollllllliiiiiitttttttteeeeeeeeee. Really though, I need to start watching more prospects, barely have seen a few, aside from the pass rushers. 

LIS a few pages back, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This has kind of happened to us twice - once we missed out on MG, and that stings, especially given it was the last game of the season. The time before that, we got pushed down and ended up with Buck. It's just so hard to gauge when these kids haven't even played a down. My target now will be Josh Allen, and I think he has the upside to be a monster at the next level. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well it's good for the players. Personally, I'm just thinking long term. It will be interesting if folks are still partying over the win when the 49ers are on the clock during the draft.

It'll be a couple of years after the draft before we know for sure really. If we draft Josh Allen, I'll party like I would had we picked Bosa. He can be just as good, he's just not as likely to be (though he has fewer injury concerns). Without these guys having played a down, you really just don't know. I'd love to have Bosa, but i get the current regime not really caring and pinning their hopes and dreams on one kid who may or may not end up being good. LIS, he wouldn't be the most highly touted prospect to bust out, I'm sure. Most lamented that win against Chicago years ago, and we landed Buck. Had we picked higher, we may not have (though that draft in the top 7 was pretty damn good and really the only downgrade may have been Stanley, though I think I'd rather have Buck than Ramsey truth be told) 

Just now, Forge said:

LIS a few pages back, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This has kind of happened to us twice - once we missed out on MG, and that stings, especially given it was the last game of the season. The time before that, we got pushed down and ended up with Buck. It's just so hard to gauge when these kids haven't even played a down. My target now will be Josh Allen, and I think he has the upside to be a monster at the next level. 

I'd be good with Allen. How is he against the run? Not that I care too much about that, but just curious. I know Polite isn't really strong in that area but shows solid hustle for the most part. 

Random, but I was high on Chris Jones during the 2016 draft and dude may even be better than Buckner. What a talent the Chiefs got in the 2nd round. 

Also win or lose, every year is a new year. Even if the 49ers lost out the last 7 games of their season or whatever, are players going to go into the following season 8 months later thinking "aww man, we lost like 7 straight to close out last year, dunno about this year". No. Everyone is a competitor at this level. They'll be thinking it's a new year, and new opportunity. So, I kind of take the "building a winning culture" rhetoric with a grain of salt. Talent wins games period.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, call me crazy but I'm not convinced that the Cardinals go Bosa if they get the #1 pick. I see them either trading out of that pick or possibly taking a OL to help Rosen out. That offense is a mess and you have to be careful that Rosen isn't ruined early on. 

I've said the same thing. I think their best interest is to trade the pick, and quite frankly, they have a ton of leverage to get a really nice deal because they can pit the 2-4 teams all against each other (Raiders, Jets and 49ers would all highly covet Bosa given their edge rush needs). Even dropping down to 4, they are guaranteed to fix a huge hole on that team, whether that be on the interior defensive line (Oliver, Williams, Brown, Simmons all potentials), or the offensive line. In that instance, I don't see how the Raiders don't come out the winners (I think that they could/would offer the Bears first rounder to take #1), but you never know. Maybe we can make a reasonable offer that the cards would take. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It'll be a couple of years after the draft before we know for sure really. If we draft Josh Allen, I'll party like I would had we picked Bosa. He can be just as good, he's just not as likely to be (though he has fewer injury concerns). Without these guys having played a down, you really just don't know. I'd love to have Bosa, but i get the current regime not really caring and pinning their hopes and dreams on one kid who may or may not end up being good. LIS, he wouldn't be the most highly touted prospect to bust out, I'm sure. Most lamented that win against Chicago years ago, and we landed Buck. Had we picked higher, we may not have (though that draft in the top 7 was pretty damn good and really the only downgrade may have been Stanley, though I think I'd rather have Buck than Ramsey truth be told) 

I know you're looking at the positive, but a loss would have flipped a higher pick. And at this point, that is what the team needs logically. You want your choice of who you want to pick regardless if they turn out well or not.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd be good with Allen. How is he against the run? Not that I care too much about that, but just curious. I know Polite isn't really strong in that area but shows solid hustle for the most part. 

Random, but I was high on Chris Jones during the 2016 draft and dude may even be better than Buckner. What a talent the Chiefs got in the 2nd round. 

He's fine against the run. He's better than Polite, and he's gotten into the backfield more consistently this year, but he's not perfect. It's not impossible that Allen could play an off the ball linebacker role at the next level. He's pretty versatile. Not great in coverage, so any team drafting him shoudl still view him as a pass rusher, but yeah, he's a solid all around guy. He can be a three down player at the next level, I have no doubt. The biggest thing for him as a pass rusher may be that he doesn't have the true bend of like Polite or Burns, but man, he's fast off the snap. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's fine against the run. He's better than Polite, and he's gotten into the backfield more consistently this year, but he's not perfect. It's not impossible that Allen could play an off the ball linebacker role at the next level. He's pretty versatile. Not great in coverage, so any team drafting him shoudl still view him as a pass rusher, but yeah, he's a solid all around guy. He can be a three down player at the next level, I have no doubt. The biggest thing for him as a pass rusher may be that he doesn't have the true bend of like Polite or Burns, but man, he's fast off the snap. 

I saw a mock draft with Burns in the top 5. I need to watch him ASAP.

Allen definitely has a quick first step. Polite has that bend that you look for in elite pass rushers but Allen also looks stronger of the two. So potentially in the top 15 we will see Bosa/Polite/Allen/Burns/Ferrell going? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I saw a mock draft with Burns in the top 5. I need to watch him ASAP.

Allen definitely has a quick first step. Polite has that bend that you look for in elite pass rushers but Allen also looks stronger of the two. So potentially in the top 15 we will see Bosa/Polite/Allen/Burns/Ferrell going? 

If one falls out, believe it or not, I think its Ferrell. 

Also, scary to think, but you can probably add 4 more interior defensive linemen at least in the top 15. I wouldn't be at all surprised if out of the first 15 picks 9 are edge rushers or interior linemen. 

Archived