🏈 Week 15: Bucs (5-8) @ Ravens (7-6)

bucsfan333

Just now, ravishingone said:

He played LT in college, never quite understood kicking him to the other side.  I get moving him inside,  but I figured when he was drafted Marpet would have moved to RG.  Not only is Cappa learning a new position, but also a new side.  I know it worked for Marpet out of Hobart, but I always felt Ali was the exception, not the rule

He's a big dude to be playing inside. I would've put him at RT next to Marpet. Even if Dot played well this year, he's not durable and he's old. We had a chance to try and solidify the right side of the line for the next decade.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's a big dude to be playing inside. I would've put him at RT next to Marpet. Even if Dot played well this year, he's not durable and he's old. We had a chance to try and solidify the right side of the line for the next decade.

yea its tough inside when ur 6'6".  There are usually shorter guys who are strong af and can just out leverage him.  Then he will overcompensate with a forward lean to withstand the leverage/bull rush and he will get hit with a counter move and be on the floor.  I still think he is better than benenoch though and he still has a lot of learning to do.  I also believe he can stick at guard but it wouldn't be a bad idea to move him to RT.  I would also want to know how Smith would do over at RT but that's not happening.

4 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

yea its tough inside when ur 6'6".  There are usually shorter guys who are strong af and can just out leverage him.  Then he will overcompensate with a forward lean to withstand the leverage/bull rush and he will get hit with a counter move and be on the floor.  I still think he is better than benenoch though and he still has a lot of learning to do.  I also believe he can stick at guard but it wouldn't be a bad idea to move him to RT.  I would also want to know how Smith would do over at RT but that's not happening.

Benenoch is just bad inside. He showed potential at RT last year. He just doesn’t have it to play Guard. That I’ll blame on coaching and Jason Licht. He also claimed Marpet was a center. So the decisions on the OL have been suspect. 

I’m not sure where Cappa plays to be honest. Andrew Norwalk is a 6’6 guard dominate guard. It all depends on. Cappas athleticism and pad level to play inside. At this point, Dotson is on his way out. Maybe move Benenoch back to RT and Cappa at Guard the final few games? 

6 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Benenoch is just bad inside. He showed potential at RT last year. He just doesn’t have it to play Guard. That I’ll blame on coaching and Jason Licht. He also claimed Marpet was a center. So the decisions on the OL have been suspect. 

I’m not sure where Cappa plays to be honest. Andrew Norwalk is a 6’6 guard dominate guard. It all depends on. Cappas athleticism and pad level to play inside. At this point, Dotson is on his way out. Maybe move Benenoch back to RT and Cappa at Guard the final few games? 

Yep u can definitely succeed at guard being taller u just have to have a certain skillset.  I do think cappa can but he will need more time

22 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yep u can definitely succeed at guard being taller u just have to have a certain skillset.  I do think cappa can but he will need more time

Yeah I would be down to try Benenoch at RT and see if he can play in the nfl or not. Just bc he played well at RT last year. 

To continue the OL discussion, new coaching staff next year and we still could solidify the right side of our line. New staff could move Marpet back to his original RG position and put Caapa at RT and then draft a LT and LG. Overall Marpet did his best work at RG. A new GM and HC should see that. Hope Caapa gets some good reps against Baltimore.

11 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

For the qb sweepstakes we just need to finish with a better draft pick than the giants and jags. Pending if both Herbert and Haskins declare. 

Maybe we can swing a deal to Denver dealing jameis to see if he’s got any trade value to use as part of a deal to move up? 

8 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

To continue the OL discussion, new coaching staff next year and we still could solidify the right side of our line. New staff could move Marpet back to his original RG position and put Caapa at RT and then draft a LT and LG. Overall Marpet did his best work at RG. A new GM and HC should see that. Hope Caapa gets some good reps against Baltimore.

It s going to be a priority next season to get the oline figured out.  They are so limited in the running game, it has to change.  The irony is the oline has been healthy all year.  

It s a really tough decision to invest over 30 million in cap next season for 3 players from this oline.  If D Smith is brought back it is because potential.  Street free agents like Greg Robinson are currentlt playing at a similiar level for far less cost.

8 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I like how it’s so easy to replace LT and LG through the draft. Tell me how that’s worked out? Donavan Smith will be the best available option at LT this offseason. Just saying. Not endorsing him just telling you the truth. 

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like how it’s so easy to replace LT and LG through the draft. Tell me how that’s worked out? Donavan Smith will be the best available option at LT this offseason. Just saying. Not endorsing him just telling you the truth. 

Maybe. Jonah Williams and Greg Little might both be better. There's a reason they're both being talked about as potential top 10 picks.

Archived