GDT - WK 15 @ Pittsburgh - The OPEC embargo version

Hunter2_1

I'm told the above caused a massive economic downturn that significantly weakened the steel manufacturing industry...basically rendered steel close to obsolete. Anyway...

We clinch playoff spot with a win + MIA loss.  (As well as other ways, but whatever for now)

20181216-GamePreview-Steelers-2500X1406

Image result for gronk steelers

The Patriots will travel to Pittsburgh for the third straight season for a regular-season game and for the second straight season in December. Last year, the Patriots defeated Pittsburgh, 27-24 (12/17/17) at Heinz Field. In 2016, the Patriots beat Pittsburgh, 27-16, at Heinz Field (10/23/16) and beat the Steelers for a second time with a 36-17 win at Gillette Stadium (01/22/17) in the AFC Championship Game.

This week’s matchup will be the 32nd meeting overall and the fourth straight year the teams will play int he regular season. Pittsburgh leads the regular season series by a 14-12 margin, while New England leads 4-1 in the postseason. The Patriots have won the last five meetings overall with wins in the regular season in 2013, 15-17 and the 2016 AFC Championship Game.

So, both teams are going to be incredibly p*d off with 2 embarrassing losses that should never have been. Over the Steel curtain, they're squabbling about whether Tomlin should be booted or not (whilst here, Elky and Ever are doing the same for Bill...), who has shown poor clock management and questionable decisions. It doesn't get any easier for them, because...

Bill Belichick vs. Pittsburgh, 13-9 (11-3 with New England)

Mike Tomlin vs. New England, 2-7

However, they are still a very dangerous team (4th total offense, 2nd in passing, 4th in PPG). They're also the top sack getters, and are 6th in rush defense. This wont be easy, and they showed last season that they're actually willing to change their strategy on us now. They were a lot more aggressive with man-to-man on D, and it was only really when TB and Gronk started taking over that we looked functional. On O, they were clever with stacking JJSS and using him on shallow crossers - I expect to see A LOT of that. Will be close.

Image result for heinz field snow

LFG

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Theresa May, amiright? (I honestly only have read headlines on reddit lol)

She's the Prime Minister (president if you will) who actually voted to remain in the EU, but is now in charge of making sure the UK exits the EU....so, it's a cluster. An on-field comparison would be putting Gronkowski on the field for a 75yard non-hail mary :D 

The Patriots inability to stop opposing teams on defense is a huge concern for me. I think the Patriots will score, but will need some key stops against the Steelers. I also think the key to winning this game is Sony Michel. He should get a lot of carries because the Steelers will expect the Pats to sling it - Tomlin never gets the game plan right. 

Anyways, I predict a close game, but the Patriots eke out a win. 

Steeler misery vs. New England continues...

Archived