GDT - WK 15 @ Pittsburgh - The OPEC embargo version

Hunter2_1

31 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I think the draft will fix a lot of our problems. 

I mean, that's the expectation going into every draft, but let's face it: this team will have a LOT of holes.

-QB (whether or not Brady sticks around for another year)

-at least 1 WR

-TE

-OT (depending on Trent Brown being re-upped or not)

-DE (at least 1. Maybe more, depending on what happens with Flowers)

-1-tech DT

-LB (at least 2)

-Safety (at least 1)

That's a pretty daunting shopping list to tackle in 2 or 3 drafts, let alone 1.

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Feels like this is a talking point after every game - but the RZ offense is abysmal. I don't know why they don't try to work Gordon in on that phase of the game.

Yeah like what was the point of bringing him in if he’s not getting targets the redzone? He should be the number one option in the passing game. Gronk and Edelman aren’t those guys anymore 

our drafts have been near straight trash. either injured, on other teams, or busts. its no wonder we're where we at by brady carrying us. we have no home grown elite talent outside of 4th round pick trey flowers and shaq mason. this teams need to rebuild bad.

8 hours ago, Starless said:

I mean, that's the expectation going into every draft, but let's face it: this team will have a LOT of holes.

-QB (whether or not Brady sticks around for another year) Based report BB wanted to package a deal to get Mayfield. There goes your picks if thats true this draft.

-at least 1 WR  BB   draft record on WR is poor at best.

-TE  There are some pretty good ones coming out hopefully he has the picks left  after getting QB

-OT (depending on Trent Brown being re-upped or not) There is some quality in the 1st rd,

-DE (at least 1. Maybe more, depending on what happens with Flowers) I would let him go if the money is high. I would use Hightower at DE. LB days are over.

-1-tech DT   Whole line stinks. Big need

-LB (at least 2)   Yes that can run faster than a  D- lineman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Safety (at least 1)  They all have to go. Slow, Old and over paid.

BB the GM  has the Pats fans  scratching there heads after another draft goes by and none of the needs are met.

8 hours ago, Starless said:

2 hours ago, Asciimo said:

our drafts have been near straight trash. either injured, on other teams, or busts. its no wonder we're where we at by brady carrying us. we have no home grown elite talent outside of 4th round pick trey flowers and shaq mason. this teams need to rebuild bad.

I mean they will. This team is not build for the long-term. Their window always has been at best until 2019 but from what I see I think it's only this year. 

They will need to rebuild, draft a QB in the next draft, replace the old players slowly with high draft picks where they have to hit. This is a great organization but they will be down a few years during the rebuild.

11 hours ago, Starless said:

-QB (whether or not Brady sticks around for another year)

-at least 1 WR

-TE

-OT (depending on Trent Brown being re-upped or not)

-DE (at least 1. Maybe more, depending on what happens with Flowers)

-1-tech DT

-LB (at least 2)

-Safety (at least 1)

I think it's a 3-5 year issue. Draft your QB next year and fill those other needs in the 3-4 drafts after that. This won't be a quick fix. If you don't think the necessary QB is available, fill other needs and wait for the 2020 draft and hope you can land Tua/Lawrence.

Just now, SBLIII said:

They'll go 11-5 and have a chance in the postseason. They won't be favorites but they don't have to be to win the SB.

They are not winning the SB. That's not negativity that's reality. Can't travel at all and that freaking defense.

Archived