Baker thread 6.0, does he become MVP?

Kiwibrown

MVP of the NFL as Browns QB  

16 members have voted

1. 1. MVP

2. 2. Top 2 player in the NFL?

I like his chances. When looking at the promising QBs at his stage of development, you have a select group, and MVP is a QB award. 

Goff, Mahomes, Baker, Wentz, Watson, Luck, and Russell Wilson. Those seem to be the guys with a decent or large window of prime yet at the position. Then you have guys like Darnold and Rosen that are unknowns. Don’t @ me with Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. 

I think he’s in the mix. Within the next few years, the era of Ben, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers will be shut. Those young guys are going to be jockeying for the championships and awards. 

I'd say yes. Assuming he has a 15 year career and only has to get one, I would put money on it at this point.

As others have pointed out, with the way the league seems to be going, it's a QB award. I think he'll be a consensus top 6 QB by 2020 (I think he'll be consensus top 3 by 2022 when Brees/Brady/Rivers are retired and Rodgers is hitting the decline, but let's stay top six to be conservative), which means he has a decade or more as a top 6 QB to stumble into one award. I think that's good money if you're giving me a 1-1 bet.

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Goff, Mahomes, Baker, Wentz, Watson, Luck, and Russell Wilson. Those seem to be the guys with a decent or large window of prime yet at the position. Then you have guys like Darnold and Rosen that are unknowns. Don’t @ me with Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. 

Little early to close the book on Nathan Peterman don’t ya think??

Archived