Packers @ Bears: Sunday, December 16th

G08

First time doing this, and it's going to result in the Chicago Bears defeating the Green Bay Packers, at Soldier Field, to win the NFC North Championship. Don't @ me

It's effin' time, man. The Football Gods are smiling upon us and our karma has patiently been waiting to exorcise the demons that are the Green Bay Packers. I'm 36 years old and my youth was ruined by Brett Favre and the Packers. My adolescence wasn't much better because they transitioned from one Hall of Fame QB to another while I was stuck watching Cade McNown, Moses Moreno, Will Furrer, Peter Tom Willis, Steve Stenstrom, Chad Hutchinson, etc.

We're 9-4 and have the chance, AT HOME, to ostensibly knock the Packers out of the playoffs while punching our own ticket in via clinching the NFC North. Let me repeat that: We will be NFC North Champions and playoff bound if we beat the Packers at home.

I don't want to just win -- I want to leave NO MOTHER****ING DOUBT. I'm going full meatball, baby!

BEARS - 37
Packers - 17

I have been here too many times before, including week 1.

We have seen countless games where there were factors breaking in the Bears favor, including a game where Rodgers missed the 2nd quarter before rising from the dead with a knee injury,

Packers 27

Bears 23

Barring some miraculous changes on the part of the Vikings, they are going nowhere in the playoffs IF they get there. 

For that reason, you can consider me a Bears fan for the rest of the year.

I don't want to jinx the Bears so I will just say that I think this should be a "very enjoyable" game.  ;)

16 minutes ago, malak1 said:

There are very few regular season games that I’ve wanted the bears to win more than this one. I hope we absolutely dominate. I just can’t bring myself to make a prediction. 

I'm in the same boat. I want the defense to dominate and offense to come back alive. I'm dreaming of a 2 TD win. 

24-10 Bears. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Barring some miraculous changes on the part of the Vikings, they are going nowhere in the playoffs IF they get there. 

For that reason, you can consider me a Bears fan for the rest of the year.

I don't want to jinx the Bears so I will just say that I think this should be a "very enjoyable" game.  ;)

Lol i swear you’re a closet bears fan, but you feel geographically obligated to root for the Vikings.  Just come out and say it buck, you’re a bears fan.  It’s ok, it gets better.  😉

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

The beat writers were asking Mitch about his nickname in HS, “Favre” and Mitch hated that question.

he didn’t want to answer it at all and said I’m not the Packers QB.

Yeah i heard that exchange on McNeil/parkins.  Mitch sounded snippy during that.  They (McNeil and parkins) then went real deep trying to psychoanalyze Mitch based off of that exchange.

48 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Lol i swear you’re a closet bears fan, but you feel geographically obligated to root for the Vikings.  Just come out and say it buck, you’re a bears fan.  It’s ok, it gets better.  😉

Hahaha.  I'll always be a Vikings fan, but there are a lot of things to like about the Bears and the city of Chicago so I guess that's why it's easy to cheer for them when they are doing well.  Being a fellow midwesterner, it's fun to cheer for the Bears when they play teams from the east and west coasts.  You also have a very rich history going as far back as Papa Bear George Hallas to iconic players like Sayers, Butkus, Sweetness, Singletary, and Urlacher.  Of course, who couldn't love the great Mike Ditka and his '85 Bears?  The Fridge is also one of my all time favorite players, and that opening kickoff return for the TD by Devin Hester in the rain in the Super Bowl will always be one of the most memorable plays ever.  As you Bears Superfans all know, the list could go on and on...  

I will always bleed purple, but at times like this when it looks like my team is going to roll over and wet on itself, it's nice to have another team and fanbase that you can appreciate to cheer on to victory.  I'll be with you guys for the rest of the season with the exception of Week 17 and if the Vikings play the Bears in the playoffs.  Doubtful, but it could happen I guess.  If it can't be the Vikings winning it all this year, I want it to be 'da Bears!

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hahaha.  I'll always be a Vikings fan, but there are a lot of things to like about the Bears and the city of Chicago so I guess that's why it's easy to cheer for them when they are doing well.  Being a fellow midwesterner, it's fun to cheer for the Bears when they play teams from the east and west coasts.  You also have a very rich history going as far back as Papa Bear George Hallas to iconic players like Sayers, Butkus, Sweetness, Singletary, and Urlacher.  Of course, who couldn't love the great Mike Ditka and his '85 Bears?  The Fridge is also one of my all time favorite players, and that opening kickoff return for the TD by Devin Hester in the rain in the Super Bowl will always be one of the most memorable plays ever.  As you Bears Superfans all know, the list could go on and on...  

I will always bleed purple, but at times like this when it looks like my team is going to roll over and wet on itself, it's nice to have another team and fanbase that you can appreciate to cheer on to victory.  I'll be with you guys for the rest of the season with the exception of Week 17 and if the Vikings play the Bears in the playoffs.  Doubtful, but it could happen I guess.  If it can't be the Vikings winning it all this year, I want it to be 'da Bears!

That’s so funny, I rooted for the Vikings with Favre. If the Lions could win a SB id root for them too.

I hate the Packers.

I always get nervous when we play the Pack, but I really expect this Bears team to not let up this time and put an end to the dominance that GB has had over us the past few years.

Bears have lots of motivating factors heading into this game and will not be overlooking GB despite their record.  That week 1 loss still stings man.  No better way to get over that then to win the NFC North at the expense of the Packers this Sunday.

Archived