Packers @ Bears: Sunday, December 16th

G08

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He was fine. His stat line was mediocre, but he converted 3rd downs.

2 big third down conversions to end the game. 

I think we all have recency bias with how bad the last game was. It was his worst professional game to date.

I’m expecting 2 TDS this week and a really solid game overall.

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

2 big third down conversions to end the game. 

I think we all have recency bias with how bad the last game was. It was his worst professional game to date.

I’m expecting 2 TDS this week and a really solid game overall.

He made a couple of plays against the Vikings.

But these games have more than a couple of plays that need to be made. 

I was expecting him to be further along or have developed more consistency by the point in the season. It is a little disappointing  that he is still so wildly inconsistent.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I was expecting him to be further along or have developed more consistency by the point in the season. It is a little disappointing  that he is still so wildly inconsistent.

I agree- is inconsistency is a issue. The reality is 90% of QBs are inconsistent only a few elite ones are consistently producing.

Right now the picture is filling in and by mid season next year it will be complete and we’ll know if he can be an elite QB or simply a game manager.

If Fangio and the defense was able to stop McVay and the Rams vertical offense with a QB who is willing to check down when it's necessary, then he should have no problem with the Packers offense and Rodgers who has refused to take the shorter routes.

Offensively is another story, however. While the Packers pass defense is not good, Alexander is legit and Mitch needs to be  on his B game atleast to avoid mistakes.

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This is a huge game. Who says he won’t be amped up.

Based on the last 2 primetime games it is a reoccurring problem.

I mean come on, Sunday Night Football against one of the best teams in the NFL and he's coming off missing the past two games AND not throwing a football for 10 straight days.

This is markedly different, and it was a learning moment for him.

He got greedy with his reads and rushed his throws. Again, I'm okay with the INTs only because I felt he saw the field well. He needs to clean up his mechanics and take the throws that are there for him, he knows that.

Rodgers isn't going to go down without a fight, Nagy knows that. I don't expect an uber-aggressive attack this Sunday. We'll take our shots but I expect a ton of RPOs, simple reads and an emphasis on our run game. If our defense is balling out, keep at it. Only open up the offense if we need to.

I still think Bears take this one.  I've been flipping through my old content for my thoguhts on Trubes, and with the exception of the Corbin Pinckley revenge game in Miami, I've called the Bears wins well so far, so rest easy.

Whats kind of good to see is that out of my original concerns about our QB, I had seeing the field, decision making, mechanics.  He's really improved the first two.  All of his bad misses and I mean ALL of them are now due to mechanics. So on one hand, he's making progess in other areas, and the big knock on his game is mechanics related accuracy, which in theory is a solvable problem.  On the other hand, this guy was supposed to be accurate, and is 80% of the way through a system designed around him, with a QB focused (OK offensively focused) coach, so why are his mechanics still so erratic?

Also an update:  the video I snuck Bears gear into the background on the other day might actually have to be edited to remove the logos for trademark reasons, so I may have seriously ****ed up while trying to be a smartass.  

33 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I still think Bears take this one.  I've b I've called the Bears wins well so far, so rest easy.

On the other hand, this guy was supposed to be accurate, and is 80% of the way through a system designed around him, with a QB focused (OK offensively focused) coach, so why are his mechanics still so erratic?

Also an update:  the video I snuck Bears gear into the background on the other day might actually have to be edited to remove the logos for trademark reasons, so I may have seriously ****ed up while trying to be a smartass.  

1) Like the self confidence. 

2) My theory is accuracy problems are just him putting so much pressure on himself to succeed. Or pressure from other team.  In other words it’s mainly nerves and adrenaline.  Can you imagine being him right now? Ever been thrown in the deep end? You aren’t exactly at your best.   When he is relaxed he has shown he can be accurate.  Whole season is too soon to be making judgments on him. 

3) Bummer.  Hope it works out.  What kind of videos are you doing? Can you say?

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I re-watched every throw he had against the Vikings I think it was a pretty good game based on the respect Nagy was giving to the Vikings defense.

Im interested in seeing what he does Sunday against GB to win the title.

its a high pressure game with a lot on the line.

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

1) Like the self confidence. 

2) My theory is accuracy problems are just him putting so much pressure on himself to succeed. Or pressure from other team.  In other words it’s mainly nerves and adrenaline.  Can you imagine being him right now? Ever been thrown in the deep end? You aren’t exactly at your best.   When he is relaxed he has shown he can be accurate.  Whole season is too soon to be making judgments on him. 

3) Bummer.  Hope it works out.  What kind of videos are you doing? Can you say?

1) I feel like this team is getting a little more reliable... you know the other thread about "when will you trust the Bears?" I think this weekend is going to be that time for a lot of people.  Just so much losing to get over, but we're in great hands with the new coach.  Even great team has weird losses like the Giants, but I think the Bears are for real so you can expect them be a little more consisten, and forget about the Brett Hundley game a bit

2) I think so too, he's driven and incredibly focused but that can make you freeze.  I was hoping to have a better feel for him by now, and don't, but I think his floor is going to be an average QB, and his ceiling is going to top 5 QB in any given year.  I think he may always be compared to Mahomes who is a superstar, which is unfortunate.  

3) I'm in the yacht racing industry and the best sailing hardware company in the world happens to be in bumble**** WI, the videos are just promo stuff for them.  It's a funny world as they do incredible engineering and production stuff that's literally known around the world (at least in our niche) but if you talk to them in person everyone is exactly what you expect from middle WI.  Every time I go up there I gain like 5 pounds and a hangover.  Like half of the guys  (and a few of the girls) from up there would be totally credible as the Packers versions of SNL superfans

16 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

3) I'm in the yacht racing industry and the best sailing hardware company in the world happens to be in bumble**** WI, the videos are just promo stuff for them.  It's a funny world as they do incredible engineering and production stuff that's literally known around the world (at least in our niche) but if you talk to them in person everyone is exactly what you expect from middle WI.  Every time I go up there I gain like 5 pounds and a hangover.  Like half of the guys  (and a few of the girls) from up there would be totally credible as the Packers versions of SNL superfans

Whenever I think of Wisconsin people talking I think of the show Making a Murderer.  Those are some ridiculously funny sounding accents the people have up there.

Archived