Packers @ Bears: Sunday, December 16th

G08

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Jets and Buffalo were fine.

The Jets he missed every throw in the 1st half.

Really so he didnt complete a pass in the first half at all? That's funny bc I dont remember that.  I do remember him throwing 5 straight incompletions that weren't entirely his fault.  I also remember how he played in the 2nd half.  But it's not fitting the narrative you want to tell right now windy.  Up until the Minnesota game he had thrown 18 TDs in the previous 6 games with 5 INTS.  I think you can slow your role that this is a trend.  Against Minny he put up similar #s to Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.  I think you just dont know how to handle.things going well windy.  The sky is not.falling, the beats are in 1st place and in 1more day will be playoff bound.  Relax and enjoy it brother

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Really so he didnt complete a pass in the first half at all? That's funny bc I dont remember that.  I do remember him throwing 5 straight incompletions that weren't entirely his fault.  I also remember how he played in the 2nd half.  But it's not fitting the narrative you want to tell right now windy.  Up until the Minnesota game he had thrown 18 TDs in the previous 6 games with 5 INTS.  I think you can slow your role that this is a trend.  Against Minny he put up similar #s to Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.  I think you just dont know how to handle.things going well windy.  The sky is not.falling, the beats are in 1st place and in 1more day will be playoff bound.  Relax and enjoy it brother

Not the case at all.

I think people are over rating some performances to avoid it not fitting their narrative of the growth.

If you have seen the development you have wanted  then that is okay and we probably will not agree.

I am not thrilled with the stalled progress and the regression in mechanics and production. I would like to see a big bounce back in this Packers game and getting things trending upwards again.

Personally, I expected more at this point of the season.

The Bears are in 1st and are going to the playoffs. 

That is largely a product of the Bears defense winning 3 games with limited offense and mediocre QB play.

Min, Det, LAR were games where the defense won the game to keep the Bears in 1st place.

So, I think it is entirely appropriate to separate the QB performance from the team success.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I am not thrilled with the stalled progress and the regression in mechanics and production. I would like to see a big bounce back in this Packers game and getting things trending upwards 

This is a part I have to echo. When he is in a quick passing game as opposed to having to sit and scan his footwork is completely different. He doesn't seem as comfortable. 

Against the Bucs I remember Try getting tripped up but he regained his balance, got set, and delivered a dime in the deep right. That was perfection. His feet were all over vs LAR. 

Nagy needs to help get that under control or scheme to diminish that impact. Tru needs to have the self awareness to recognize this and work on it, or focus on being faster to get rid of the ball. 

I'm still pretty happy, but we definitely we room for improvement. I'm sure with his work ethic and Nagy we will see it get better. 

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Can we compromise and say that we will get concerned if he plays bad against the Packers?

That would be 3 big games in a row where he has not been good or downright bad.

He was fine in the Vikings game--no need to go clutching the pearls. But if he looks bad in the game tomorrow, yeah, I'll be very concerned. His play last week had me worried he returned from injury too quickly. The overthrows we've seen before; that's him spazzing out and forgetting his footwork and such. Some of the other stuff was even more scarifying. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Can we compromise and say that we will get concerned if he plays bad against the Packers?

That would be 3 big games in a row where he has not been good or downright bad.

If he looks bad tomorrow I will be concerned.

BUT AGAIN, he has 11 games of experience in this offense at the NFL level. Eleven.

If you look at his performances week to week you absolutely see an inconsistent QB, I think that is to be expected. I'm curious to see Nagy's gameplan tomorrow against the Packers... if it was me, quick and simple reads/RPO to get Mitch comfortable and confident, emphasis on the run and sprinkle in some PA shots.

We don't need him to be an elite QB right now, shoot even being mediocre at this point *could* get us deep into the playoffs, God-willing.

Hey, if the Bears win today, you guys deserve the NFCN. Its a big game and GB is fighting for their lives. Time to see if Nagy has what it takes to be a great coach in this league.

I was hoping GB would win, but I think its better that you guys take it. Maybe then if Minnesota ever wakes up from their snooze, that week 17 game for Chicago wont mean anything and they can get some much needed rest! 😏😏

And you know, Chase Daniels is the man!!

39 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Hey, if the Bears win today, you guys deserve the NFCN. Its a big game and GB is fighting for their lives. Time to see if Nagy has what it takes to be a great coach in this league.

I was hoping GB would win, but I think its better that you guys take it. Maybe then if Minnesota ever wakes up from their snooze, that week 17 game for Chicago wont mean anything and they can get some much needed rest! 😏😏

And you know, Chase Daniels is the man!!

Who is Chase Daniels

Watching a video on Rams game and guys were open. Fangio was playing guys back.  Goff kept forcing the ball and getting picked. Noise and cold clearly affected him as well. 

Hope Rodgers does same thing.  Has me worried that he won't. Against other teams he will force ball downfield and waste downs. Against Bears he seems content to take the underneath and get first downs like he should.

Not a huge fan of prevent Fangio though it has mostly worked. One genius aggressive thing Fangio did against Rams was he played base against 11 personnel (3 wide). Rams have been feasting on nickel vs 11 all season because of Gurley and play action threat thereof.  Bears dared them to run into base and they didnt, or they tried a few times and got stuffed. 

Archived