Guice had an infection too

Slateman

I realize it's somewhat relevant, but let's just park the Griffin discussion. Yes, I realize I opened it back up in the other thread; I kind of regret that. But let's not do it again. It was a debacle all the way around.

6 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Head coaches responsibility to know that. From what I remember, Shanahan despised Dr. Andrews being on the sidelines and just ignored he was there. Basically, Shanahan never consulted the training staff or Dr Andrews. RG3 ran up to him said he wanted to go back in and Shanahan sent him out there. The HC didn’t protect his QB from getting further injured.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Head coaches responsibility to know that. From what I remember, Shanahan despised Dr. Andrews being on the sidelines and just ignored he was there. Basically, Shanahan never consulted the training staff or Dr Andrews. RG3 ran up to him said he wanted to go back in and Shanahan sent him out there. The HC didn’t protect his QB from getting further injured.

None of this changes what I've said, nor that you are 100% wrong in blaming any part of Griffin's injury on Dr. Andrews

14 hours ago, Woz said:

At the same time, @naptownskinsfan, the fact that we've had multiple issues with these outside doctors should give the franchise pause from considering sending their players to said doctors again.

It's things like this that are why I'm calling for:

giphy.gif

EVERYTHING needs to be evaluated with new eyes.

Usually, the players have their own doctors handle it, or the league shares doctors who have different specialties.  It's not really something that the Redskins specifically chose.  I highly doubt that Alex Smith had much say in his surgeons for the first operation, much less the Redskins franchise themselves.  I will say that a professional athlete that is the caliber of Alex Smith, as well as the severity of his injury, likely gets the heads of multiple departments called into that hospital and put to work on his case immediately.  So he had the best care that the hospital could provide, or pretty close to it.  

I think we're grasping for straws with the infection issue here.  It literally can happen to anyone.

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Usually, the players have their own doctors handle it, or the league shares doctors who have different specialties.  It's not really something that the Redskins specifically chose.  I highly doubt that Alex Smith had much say in his surgeons for the first operation, much less the Redskins franchise themselves.  I will say that a professional athlete that is the caliber of Alex Smith, as well as the severity of his injury, likely gets the heads of multiple departments called into that hospital and put to work on his case immediately.  So he had the best care that the hospital could provide, or pretty close to it.  

I think we're grasping for straws with the infection issue here.  It literally can happen to anyone.

It’s because people want to blame the Redskins front office for every little thing even if there’s no there there...

I mean, I get not liking Bruce Allen - I hate him too - but some things are out of his and Dan’s control. Guice & Smith getting an infection at a hospital would certainly be one of those things.

Archived