Browns at Broncos' GDT

AKRNA

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Side note - Baker's actually been very meh today.   He's passed up open guys to try and make harder throws, that's he's missed badly on.  And his trademark accuracy is nowhere to be seen.    Frankly, my theory is that being this close to Keenum has somehow rubbed off on him.  O.o

I know he's been far better than this, just crazy to see.

He’s been meh all year.  PFF had an article on how Mayfield isn’t any different now in terms of quality throws than he was under Hugh Jackson, the difference is he’s been better protected and they’ve schemed guys open better.

He’s looked absolutely clueless when under pressure tonight, same as he was in college. 

This is the 1st time I’ve seen him this season, but he hasn’t changed my opinion of what I thought of him coming out.  He’s a guy that needs a lot of things to be right (OL, running game, weapons, like he had at Oklahoma) for him to be successful.

4 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Really? Two weeks in a row we have the worst 2 minute drill ever.

Maybe the Browns won't score.

This is probably Baker Mayfield's worst game - @HOU, he actually was just harassed all the time.   We're getting to him some of the time, but thats 5-6x he's missed throws with no pressure, or made horrific decisions.

It's kinda funny, Baker's definitely channeling his inner Keenum right now.  The difference is, Baker's only played this badly 2-3x.   We get Keenum mode pretty much each game.   It's weird to see another team do it to match us lol. 

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

He’s been meh all year.  PFF had an article on how Mayfield isn’t any different now in terms of quality throws than he was under Hugh Jackson, the difference is he’s been better protected and they’ve schemed guys open better.

He’s looked absolutely clueless when under pressure tonight, same as he was in college. 

This is the 1st time I’ve seen him this season, but he hasn’t changed my opinion of what I thought of him coming out.  He’s a guy that needs a lot of things to be right (OL, running game, weapons, like he had at Oklahoma) for him to be successful.

I don't disagree at all with the comment about being under pressure - but he's been bad without pressure.  That's the difference we don't usually see.   I think Baker's been good enough he won't bust out.   I do agree he's been put in the best situation possible and that makes everyone look a LOT better.  But he's usually better than this.

FWIW I thought Darnold had a fantastic game tonight, in a losing cause.   I'd still stand by my belief when it's all said and done, barring injury, Darnold is still the top guy of this draft.  But I've come around on Baker enough to see that he shouldn't be a bust - in other words, play like this tonight on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't disagree at all with the comment about being under pressure - but he's been bad without pressure.  That's the difference we don't usually see.   I think Baker's been good enough he won't bust out.   I do agree he's been put in the best situation possible and that makes everyone look a LOT better.  But he's usually better than this.

FWIW I thought Darnold had a fantastic game tonight, in a losing cause.   I'd still stand by my belief when it's all said and done, barring injury, Darnold is still the top guy of this draft.  But I've come around on Baker enough to see that he shouldn't be a bust - in other words, play like this tonight on a regular basis.

Oh I don’t disagree.  He’s missed open throws he usually makes.  He’s been off tonight.  I also don’t think he’ll bust either and overall has had a terrific rookie year, just don’t see much improvement on his issues in college....yet, it could still very well happen.

Just now, DiehardBronxFan said:

And yet I’d still take Baker any day over Keenum.  Hell, except for Bortles, I’d take just about any QB in the league over a Keenum.  

Oh hell yeah.  I’m not acting like Mayfield is a scrub like Keenum.  

4 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

And yet I’d still take Baker any day over Keenum.  Hell, except for Bortles, I’d take just about any QB in the league over a Keenum.  

I mean, Baker's worst day this season is the same as most weeks Keenum gives us.  Don't think anyone's suggesting otherwise, to be fair.

It's just weird to see another team have a QB play horribly in the same ways as Keenum does.

Archived