Jordan Reed activated off PUP

turtle28

On one level, I'm happy to have our All Pro back.

On the other, I'm very worried. They activated him right after my admittedly self-described deadline (needed to be active before wk 2 preseason). I think I would have parked him for the full six weeks. I worry that he rushed back.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

On one level, I'm happy to have our All Pro back.

On the other, I'm very worried. They activated him right after my admittedly self-described deadline (needed to be active before wk 2 preseason). I think I would have parked him for the full six weeks. I worry that he rushed back.

I didnt realize that, that is a concern for sure.

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I didnt realize that, that is a concern for sure.

Again, it was solely my own interior clock. I thought that if he couldn't get his toe right before the Packer game, the best case would have been to shut him down for the full six weeks. Yes, that would have meant missing him for a big chunk of the regular season, but it would have been best for him and the team long term.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Again, it was solely my own interior clock. I thought that if he couldn't get his toe right before the Packer game, the best case would have been to shut him down for the full six weeks. Yes, that would have meant missing him for a big chunk of the regular season, but it would have been best for him and the team long term.

Plus both Davis & Paul have looked good this camp/preseason.

but for how long? He is our second most important player on offense behind Kurt. He is gifted, but You have to be able to play to be able to win. Ask yourself would you rather have a guy who is 90% of Reed who plays every game or Reed who is better but misses a third of the season? I'm with Woz- and this may surprise some as Im all about getting the offense reps in preseason- but I don't play him till the Philly game. Keep him in bubble wrap and play the other guys.

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

but for how long? He is our second most important player on offense behind Kurt. He is gifted, but You have to be able to play to be able to win. Ask yourself would you rather have a guy who is 90% of Reed who plays every game or Reed who is better but misses a third of the season? I'm with Woz- and this may surprise some as Im all about getting the offense reps in preseason- but I don't play him till the Philly game. Keep him in bubble wrap and play the other guys.

If you can inform me of who "that guy is" then I'll think about it. "That guy" is not on this current roster and a guy who can be 90% of Reed might come around once or twice a decade in the draft.

Archived