AJ Green trade value

LuckyIrish23

If we retain Marvin Lewis we might as well.  We're looking at a 2-year rebuild at a minimum.  If we retain Marvin, that pushes it to 3 years.  At that point AJ Green will be near retirement, he's not built like Larry Fitzgerald to keep playing well mid-30s.

Not advocating trading him btw.  Just saying, if we retain Marvin I feel bad for wasting AJ Green's career...

16 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Packer fan here looking to understand your teams thoughts on AJ Green. Would the team consider trading AJ Green for 9-10 million in cap savings plus a few draft picks? If so, what would you think the team would accept in trade compensation? 

Would your team consider taking Aaron Rodgers to save money and get a few draft picks? 

On 12/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, TheVillain112 said:

At that point AJ Green will be near retirement, he's not built like Larry Fitzgerald to keep playing well mid-30s.

Just curious why you say that?  Not saying he will be effective past 35, but i don't see why not.

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Just curious why you say that?  Not saying he will be effective past 35, but i don't see why not.

I mean almost no receiver that I can think of has been a #1 receiver at that age, aside from Jerry Rice and now Larry Fitzgerald.

If you look at recent receivers not named Larry Fitzgerald:

• Jordy Nelson (33)
  • Dez Bryant (30)
  • DeSean Jackson (32)
  • Demaryius Thomas (31)

They are all clearly not #1 receivers anymore, and had steep declines.  AJ Green is banged up a lot lately; I could see 1-2 more years of good production, but we'll be lucky to get anything past that.  I absolutely would be Ok trading him if we still keep Marvin Lewis, so he can go to a winning organization.  Heck, Super Freak Randy Moss only played till 33, and had his last good season at 32.  We're unrealistic if we think AJ Green is going to keep beasting at 33...

On 12/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, TheVillain112 said:

If we retain Marvin Lewis we might as well.  We're looking at a 2-year rebuild at a minimum.  If we retain Marvin, that pushes it to 3 years.  At that point AJ Green will be near retirement, he's not built like Larry Fitzgerald to keep playing well mid-30s.

Not advocating trading him btw.  Just saying, if we retain Marvin I feel bad for wasting AJ Green's career...

if this is the case... who gives a ****?

same

2 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

AJ isn't going anywhere.

This is 100% my first thought as well, and with Mike Brown probably the right now.

But...if you really think about it.  30 year old WR, been getting hurt the past few seasons, about to need a new contract in 2020.  Bengals are in a rebuild.  The smart thing to do would be trade our best asset for a couple of premium picks. If a team comes to the Bengals and is willing to trade a 1st and a 2nd (or 3rd) for AJ Green.  We really should listen...

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

This is 100% my first thought as well, and with Mike Brown probably the right now.

But...if you really think about it.  30 year old WR, been getting hurt the past few seasons, about to need a new contract in 2020.  Bengals are in a rebuild.  The smart thing to do would be trade our best asset for a couple of premium picks. If a team comes to the Bengals and is willing to trade a 1st and a 2nd (or 3rd) for AJ Green.  We really should listen...

The Bengals roster is not bad.  They don't need a rebuild.  They need a piece or 3.  And a scheme suited to their skills.  

3 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

The Bengals roster is not bad.  They don't need a rebuild.  They need a piece or 3.  And a scheme suited to their skills.  

If we hit a home run at head coach in offseason, maybe.  But it's a lot more than a piece.  It's at least 2 starters at LB, 2 starters at OL (you could sell me on 1), and probably upgrades needed at QB, CB2, and TE...

Archived