The Other Games Thread week 15

Iron_man

This week for TNF we got a good one. Chargers at the Chiefs. Will Rivers and gang get their revenge for their loss against the chiefs earlier this year? What do you guys think? Which games will you be watching?

I'm watching TNF, Saturday football btw there is Saturday football this week. Miami at Minnesota is another game I'm gonna watch. We'll see how much the vikings offense changes without DeFilppo. SNF should be a good one as well. MNF is a classic division rivalry of Saints at Panthers.

Good slate of games this week. I might miss tonight's, sadly. A lot of close ones in my projections for this week:

Kansas City (54%) 33-31 Los Angeles Chargers

Houston (61%) 26-21 New York Jets

Denver (62%) 30-24 Cleveland

New England (55%) 31-29 Pittsburgh - Pats projected to clinch AFC East.

Atlanta (64%) 33-26 Arizona

Buffalo (50.36%) 24-23 Detroit

Chicago (60%) 27-22 Green Bay

Cincinnati (59%) 33-29 Oakland - Obviously, the model doesn't know Jeff Driskel is starting this game (though it might not matter).

Indianapolis (52%) 23-22 Dallas

Minnesota (59%) 24-20 Miami

New York Giants (58%) 28-24 Tennessee

Washington (53%) 26-22 Jacksonville - Again, the model doesn't know Josh Johnson (who?) is starting for Washington because it takes stats from all season.

Baltimore (67%) 32-24 Tampa Bay

Seattle (69%) 33-24 San Francisco

Los Angeles Rams (68%) 34-25 Philadelphia

New Orleans (59%) 36-32 Carolina

3 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If I'm correct, the Pats would be the #1 seed right now if that debacle in Miami doesn't happen. This is what makes the NFL great. Every little thing matters. You gotta earn it all. We'll see how the last few weeks play out.

It's a game of inches (and in this case seven seconds left on the clock and sixty nine yards to go). 

I feel like on the three runs before the FG the Pats could just about have bled enough time off to end the game on the kickoff. 

2 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

It's a game of inches (and in this case seven seconds left on the clock and sixty nine yards to go). 

I feel like on the three runs before the FG the Pats could just about have bled enough time off to end the game on the kickoff. 

I was wondering if they were even going to kick the FG at all - simply snap the ball and run around in the backfield to kill the clock - you have to think they could play keep away for 13 or so seconds.

Either that, or commit a deliberate hold on 3rd down so you have to replay the down and can run more clock.

Feels like there should be a way to game that situation where Dolphins never get the ball back.

It still bugs me that the DPI essentially won them that game - if not penalty there they either score or the clock keeps running. DPI shouldn't stop the clock in that scenario.

Chiefs still have @Seattle and vs. Oakland. Both losable, although obviously Seattle the toughest of the two.

Chargers have Baltimore and Denver - I would say also easily losable. Would be the most Chargers thing in the world to beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead and then blow the 1 seed by going 0-2 to finish the season.

If all three of Chargers/Pats/Chiefs go 12-4, PAts get the 1 seed I'm pretty sure.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Chiefs still have @Seattle and vs. Oakland. Both losable, although obviously Seattle the toughest of the two.

Chargers have Baltimore and Denver - I would say also easily losable. Would be the most Chargers thing in the world to beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead and then blow the 1 seed by going 0-2 to finish the season.

If all three of Chargers/Pats/Chiefs go 12-4, PAts get the 1 seed I'm pretty sure.

yes, because the chiefs would win the west in that scenario and we have the head to head breaker.

Archived