Saints release WR Brandon Marshall

Malfatron

Saints have been killing it with some of these Free Agent signings the past couple years. First there was the legendary Saints RB, Adrian Peterson. Then we followed that by signing the dynamic WR duo of Dez Bryant, and Brandon Marshall. Just off the charts production with 85 yards of offense, and 0 touchdowns between the 3 of them! #Championship

24 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

dynamic WR duo of Dez Bryant, and Brandon Marshall

yep, Im going to look back at this season amd think, no wonder Brees did so well! Look at his weapons!

Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, and Micheal Thomas in the same year! And then with Kamara as well?

So many options for Brees!

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

hopefully.  The steelers are always looking for a WR, I expect colbert to bring him in sooner or later

How often do the Steelers sign 34 year old FA WRs?

We are more likely to foolishly DRAFT another WR early next year than sign a washed up FA.  

13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

But football is a business, right? I thought you said that often, but I could be wrong...

I was being facetious. Marshall is terrible and probably had no business being signed in the first place. It's more funny than anything else given his playoff drought

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Heartless. 

Dude was just a few weeks from finally making the playoffs

I mean, knowing the Saints, they'll probably let him hang around with them if he doesn't sign anywhere else. They do that with players they cut during the season. Hell Mike McKenzie was still on the sidelines every game and in the locker room like two years after he retired. I'm sure it's not the same but at least he can still be there rooting for them if he wants.

But I wouldn't necessarily declare him finished just because they cut him. I think he was probably there more or less as an insurance policy in case some of the young WR's (Kirkwood, Carr, etc) were playing bad or got hurt. Also Ted Ginn is supposedly going to come back from IR maybe this week or next.

Archived