Saints release WR Brandon Marshall

Malfatron

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Saints have been killing it with some of these Free Agent signings the past couple years. First there was the legendary Saints RB, Adrian Peterson. Then we followed that by signing the dynamic WR duo of Dez Bryant, and Brandon Marshall. Just off the charts production with 85 yards of offense, and 0 touchdowns between the 3 of them! #Championship

And the scary part is, any production (or lack thereof) would've merely been a bonus for a team that's already 1st in the NFC.

But yeah, I'd have to think he's done at this point. If he can't produce in that high-powered Saints offense, then what does he have left?

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

How often do the Steelers sign 34 year old FA WRs?

We are more likely to foolishly DRAFT another WR early next year than sign a washed up FA.  

it was sarcasm  but to add drama, why not (more sarcasm). Sadly about your draft vision, that could happen if colbert / ben is here. 

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I wonder why though?

They saw enough in him to sign in the first place.......but then? Trouble with the play book? Can't get separation even in practice? Not meshing with Brees?

I think he was always a “just in case” signing with TLL back and Ginn getting close, we just never needed him. 

5 hours ago, Dome said:

Really though, rumor is that Ted Ginn is nearly ready to return.

That makes a huge difference in their offense as a whole.  We saw against Dallas a couple of weeks ago how their offense can struggle to get going without the lack of a true deep threat to keep defenses honest

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Real talk......Brandon Marshall was with the Saints? 

Dez Bryant, too.

Imagine - five years ago, saying Drew Brees with Dez Bryant AND Brandon Marshall. With Adrian Peterson as RB. 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, ET80 said:

Mr. Belicheck, I have a "B-Marsh" holding on line 2. Should I tell him you're out to lunch?

At least people are now starting to ease off on the narrative that everyone that signs with the Pats will suddenly be an HoFer.

Archived