Jarvis Landry - Revisited

mistakey

4 minutes ago, braylon said:

Wait.. are the ‘Jarvis is a HOF player’ posts serious?! I honestly thought they were a joke.

5 minutes ago, braylon said:

Wait.. are the ‘Jarvis is a HOF player’ posts serious?! I honestly thought they were a joke.

Ok how good was Fred bileknikoff was he a joke

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry he catches Terrell’s in catches he is in

100 percent success at that level

your present valid arguments but there is valid arguments the other way

ie Lynn he was not the best wr on his team hof

fred biletnikoff he was not the best on his team

but in my opinion he is better then Owens and you can put him in the cris carter argument as well and I believe and they both made the Hof

He isnt 50% of what Owen's ever was, he was incredible. 

I see similarities with CC but he isnt as good as him either. 

Playing 16 games this year he might not hot 1k receiving, not many hof do that in their careers on what is supposed to be a good year.

His ypg I'm guessing is around 60 not many hofs are that low.

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Playing 16 games this year he might not hot 1k receiving, not many hof do that in their careers on what is supposed to be a good year.

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Your right Jarvis never lead the leagues in drops

to did most of his work when he was being thrown to by Excellent qbs would you call ryan even in the same class as Donovan mcnabb I would not

just like if Jarvis was being thrown to by Brady or breeze his numbers would be better.

i do not know about you but I am totally enjoying see him catch touchdowns while being triple team by a team trying to make the playoffs

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yes your right how come Terrell’s did not put all the 4 year receiving records out of touch when he all excellent qbs throwing to him

to my knowledge the only records he holds is drops or do you want to point out all the records he holds at his 4th year

7 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Yes your right how come Terrell’s did not put all the 4 year receiving records out of touch when he all excellent qbs throwing to him

to my knowledge the only records he holds is drops or do you want to point out all the records he holds at his 4th year

All records need to be taken with a grain of salt Jarvis was feed the ball, running screens crosses and underneath routes.

Owen's has lead the league in tds and yards. 

Jarvis has never done that or come close to it. 

to did most of his work when he was being thrown to by Hoffman qbs would you call tanner I’ll even in the same class as Donovan mcnabb I would not

just like if Jarvis was being thrown to by Brady or breeze his numbers would be better.

TO’s best seasons came with Jeff Garcia throwing him the ball.

He was productive with 5 teams and at least 6 QB’s, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the idea he played with HOF qb’s, it was only 3 of his 15 seasons and those were at the end of Young’s career.

He was in now way scheme or QB dependent.

i do not know about you but I am totally enjoying see him catch touchdowns while being triple team by a team trying to make the playoffs

He’s got 3 receiving TD’s all year, the same as Higgins, Njoku, Duke, and Calloway.  Of course Landry has 50-75 more targets than those guys, but I’m sure that’s irrelevant.

Let’s not overstate his contributions here.

6 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

What records?  Receptions?  He wasn’t force fed the ball and largely did little with it.

He had 112 receptions last year.  Awesome. He was targeted 161 times. Didn’t even manage 1000 yards on those 112 receptions.

Oh he did set a record for lowest ypc for a receiver with 100 receptions, maybe that’s what you meant...

I think a point that was missed was he showed up on the injury report a few times but toughened up and still played. I'm pretty sure they were talking that one game he probably shouldve sat out. That right there tells me he is worth it. He's going to work every day and giving his all. Sure he's not a burner but he can catch a cold in the desert. 

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

I think a point that was missed was he showed up on the injury report a few times but toughened up and still played. I'm pretty sure they were talking that one game he probably shouldve sat out. That right there tells me he is worth it. He's going to work every day and giving his all. Sure he's not a burner but he can catch a cold in the desert. 

Playing through an injury makes someone worth 15 million a year?

Tretter can’t hardly walk apparently, looks like he’s due for a raise...

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was productive with 5 teams and at least 6 QB’s, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the idea he played with HOF qb’s, it was only 3 of his 15 seasons and those were at the end of Young’s career.

He’s got 3 receiving TD’s all year, the same as Higgins, Njoku, Duke, and Calloway.  Of course Landry has 50-75 more targets than those guys, but I’m sure that’s irrelevant.

What records?  Receptions?  He wasn’t force fed the ball and largely did little with it.

He had 112 receptions last year.  Awesome. He was targeted 161 times. Didn’t even manage 1000 yards on those 112 receptions.

Oh he did set a record for lowest ypc for a receiver with 100 receptions, maybe that’s what you meant...

Terrell’s Owens would also have 105 targets and drop 25 of them if he was on the browns he would be leading in drops on a sub 500 team

also if Landry can continue to catch 50 yard passes while being trlple teamed

he will beat cris carter 5 year record with yards,catches,and touchdowns

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

According to stats online Montana played with Terrell for 4 years

steve young for 3

donovan mcnabb

and tony Romo witch one of those could you trade tannehill straight up for

14 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Terrell’s Owens would also have 105 targets and drop 25 of them if he was on the browns he would be leading in drops on a sub 500 team

Now we’re making up stats to try to prove a point? Great...

Landry is more sure handed, I’ll concede that point.  Owens was better at literally everything else. 

also if Landry can continue to catch 50 yard passes while being trlple teamed

Continue his streak of one??  The throw was far more impressive than the catch.  It’s not like he high pointed it over 3 dudes, it hit him in the chest after Baker threw a dime.

he will beat cris carter 5 year record with yards,catches,and touchdowns

First five years, sure.  Lemme know when he gets anywhere near 1100/13,000/130 like CC did.

Archived