Encarnacion to SEA, Santana Back to CLE, Yandy Diaz to TB in 3-Way Deal

ramssuperbowl99

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Same here in all honesty. That's the head scratcher. 

I just want to find a way to dump Kipnis. His contract is just an absolute cinder block around this team's ankles.

I don’t think think we’ll find any takers for Kipnis with all the 2B on the market who are better......thank god he’s going into his last year of that contract

2 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I don’t think think we’ll find any takers for Kipnis with all the 2B on the market who are better......thank god he’s going into his last year of that contract

I'm actually a little surprised that there aren't teams willing to buy prospects from by taking on Kipnis' deal. Basically 1 year, 17m all told with the buy out, right? Unless your farm system is in shambles (I have no idea), then I'm a little surprised nobody is biting. 

6 minutes ago, tom cody said:

It's an interesting move. The Indians' moves are what I? They have a good roster, not sure why they want to tear it apart like this. 

They do this cycle every 5-8 years and will continue to do so because they are a small market team and don't have a $100-$200 million payroll like other teams. They'll sell high and buy low/mid for prospects and young talent, hope that they hit on their 2-4 year window, and then wash, rinse, repeat.

See:

Thome/Vizquel/Manny/Alomar/Alomar

Bartolo Colon

Cliff Lee/CC Sabathia/Asdrubal Cabrera

...and I'd bet on them shipping Lindor/Ramirez in a few years if they're on the final year of their contract and not in playoff contention.

9 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Bauers addition very likely allows the Indians to use Bobby Bradley as trade bait to bring in a quality, controllable arm for the bullpen.  

no way, dude is one of the best 1B prospects in the minors. I think he his rated the 10th best 1B. Indians had 3 top tier prospects last year, him, Triston McKenzie, and Mejia. They got their controllable arms last year with the mejia trade. At least with Mejia, they have another pretty good catching prospect in Haase, I Dont know who they have for 1B in the prospects outside of Bradley, unless they move Nolan Jones to 1B

Archived