NFL All-Rookie Team

Soko

Who do you think should be on the NFL’s all-rookie offense and defense? It’s a bit eary yet with 3 games and the playoffs left, but why not. Try to keep guys at their positions, with a little flexibility. 

QB: Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold.

RB: Saquon Barkley, Phillip Lindsay, Nick Chubb.

WR: Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk.

TE: Dallas Goedert

LT: Mike McGlinchey

LG: Quenton Nelson

C: James Daniels

RH: Will Hernandez

RT: Braden Smith

LE: Marcus Davenport

DT: Da’Ron Payne

DT: Maurice Hurst

RE: Bradley Chubb

WLB: Darius Leonard

MLB: Roquan Smith

SLB: Leighton Vander Esch

CB1: Denzel Ward, Donte Jackson

NCB: Minkah Fitzpatrick

FS: Justin Reid, Jessie Bates

SS: Derwin James

CB2: Jaire Alexander

Lots of top-end talent here. Was forced to move Daniels in because I haven’t really seen/heard of any of the standout rookie centers (Ragnow? Price?). McGlinchey goes left, Hernandez goes right. I like 4-3 defenses and think LVE is a better fit at strong side than Leonard. Minkah probably should be a full time CB or full time S but I love Reid/Jaire.

Actually a reasonably strong team. 

*obligatory comment about nick chubb not having a single sack this year to justify his place on the team at defensive end*

The off the ball linebacker spot was really solid this year. Fred Warner has been a starter day one and took the playcalling duties over for Foster before the season began, and I can't even argue his exclusion there. 

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Was there really anything surprising this year? It seems like there haven't been very many shocking revelations about any of this draft class since the moment they were drafted. Maybe Darnold's struggles, but anyone could have foreseen this given the poop they have on that roster.

On the positive side, Leonard, I think. I didn't expect him to play this well out of the gate. I know a lot of people felt like he may have been overdrafted at the time. 

Offensively, I agree, not a ton of shocking things. Darnold probably has the most surprising result as a QB I agree, Josh Allen has been the epitome Josh Allen-ey. Barkley is a baller. TE / WR corps has been okay, not great. McG has been probably better than most people expected, but I Think most thought he was going to be largely fine, particularly in the run game. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Was there really anything surprising this year? It seems like there haven't been very many shocking revelations about any of this draft class since the moment they were drafted. Maybe Darnold's struggles, but anyone could have foreseen this given the poop they have on that roster.

Do you mean top end or in general? Because I loved Phillip Lindsay and thought he'd be denvers main rb this year. But he's even played better than my expectations and most gms. Got to think he'd be a top 60 player in a redraft.

Happy to see Justin Reid getting love - he's been a playmaker out for the Texans, just making a ton of plays back there.

He reminds me of Budda Baker last season - not a shocker that both played with/were mentored by Tyrann Mathieu.

Archived