Oakland sues Raiders, Raiders rescind offer to rent Oakland Coliseum for 2019 season

DigInBoys

In the announcement, Parker accused the Raiders and the NFL of boycotting Oakland with their "illegal move."

"The defendants brazenly violated federal antitrust law and the league's own policies when they boycotted Oakland as a host city," Parker said in the release. "The Raiders' illegal move lines the pockets of NFL owners and sticks Oakland, its residents, taxpayers and dedicated fans with the bill. The purpose of this lawsuit is to hold the defendants accountable and help to compensate Oakland for the damages the defendants' unlawful actions have caused and will cause to the people of Oakland."

No way that wasn't intentional.

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

So... if the Raiders are playing their last season in Oakland, where do they play next year?

San Diego, St Louis, and San Antonio make the most sense, as they all have NFL-quality stadiums.

I'm not sure the 49ers would allow the Raiders to use Levi's Stadium, but due to being the closest NFL stadium to Oakland it's possible they try to share for a year.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, Sam Boyd Stadium is not up to NFL standards, reportedly, so there's little probability of moving to Vegas before 2020.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd be willing to bet that no matter where they play they keep the name "Oakland Raiders". But who knows.

Can a city rename itself "The Lost Ark"? I'd definitely root for the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Archived