DC Offensive Line: The Scapegoats.

DaBoys

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The OL is ranked 30 out of 32 in pass blocking. So that is atrocious. 

a·tro·cious
/əˈtrōSHəs/
adjective

1. horrifyingly wicked.
    "atrocious cruelties"
    synonyms: brutal, barbaric, barbarous, savage, vicious, beastly; More

• of a very poor quality; extremely bad or unpleasant.
      "he attempted an atrocious imitation of my English accent"
      synonyms: appalling, dreadful, terrible, very bad, unpleasant, miserable; More

You're talking about an offensive line that is 30-15 over the last 3 years. With 4th quarter, game winning stats that make Romo's 2007 offensive line look bad.

Just now, DaBoys said:

You're talking about an offensive line that is 30-15 over the last 3 years. With 4th quarter, game winning stats that make Romo's 2007 offensive line look bad.

Okay, I did laugh at this. 

You willing to admit that with both PFF giving almost all our OL terrible pass blocking grades, as well as football outsiders saying we have the 3rd worst OL in the NFL when it comes to pass blocking..... That maybe it is an issue? 

I personally think there is a combo of the OL being a somewhat average unit right now and Dak clearly taking more sacks than necessary and not feeling the pocket all that well.

Obviously when the OL was amazing, he took a lot fewer sacks. But I do think Dak has made the issue worse than it should be based on the drop in OL play alone.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I personally think there is a combo of the OL being a somewhat average unit right now and Dak clearly taking more sacks than necessary and not feeling the pocket all that well.

Obviously when the OL was amazing, he took a lot fewer sacks. But I do think Dak has made the issue worse than it should be based on the drop in OL play alone.

Agreed. It’s dishonest to say that there hasn’t been a dropoff in the o-line play given who’s been hurt, which results in a higher sack count, and it’s equally dishonest not to admit that Quincy’s pocket awareness is utterly abysmal, which often leads to him sacking himself when he runs directly into the pass rush because he has no feel for it.

And let’s not leave out the other 800 pound gorilla: Scott Linehan. His play calling has been so bad that it quite possibly (and I’d argue absolutely) has made BOTH the o-line AND Quincy perform even worse than they would if better/more efficient plays were called.

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Agreed. It’s dishonest to say that there hasn’t been a dropoff in the o-line play given who’s been hurt, which results in a higher sack count, and it’s equally dishonest not to admit that Quincy’s pocket awareness is utterly abysmal, which often leads to him sacking himself when he runs directly into the pass rush because he has no feel for it.

And let’s not leave out the other 800 pound gorilla: Scott Linehan. His play calling has been so bad that it quite possibly (and I’d argue absolutely) has made BOTH the o-line AND Quincy perform even worse than they would if better/more efficient plays were called.

I think I would argue that everything is a bit overblown given that no team has gained more yardage than the Dallas Cowboys over the last 5 weeks. 

In my mind, the only thing unforgivable is the red zone offense, which falls squarely on Linehan and the coaching staff. 

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

hy·poc·ri·sy

/həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
  1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
    synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity; More

antonyms: sincerity

With Dallas latest winning streak, all is good and funny between @Matts4313 and @DaBoys

watching you guys go back and forth is actually refreshing to me 9_9

I would say you guys are like the Hatfield's vs the McCoy's  . Though I think that was somewhat of a even battle. So maybe not Shocked

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think I would argue that everything is a bit overblown given that no team has gained more yardage than the Dallas Cowboys over the last 5 weeks. 

In my mind, the only thing unforgivable is the red zone offense, which falls squarely on Linehan and the coaching staff. 

did not know that. Is this just more proof that a playmaker like Coop (weapon) is just what the doctor ordered.

AND even more important is, DAK can be a QB of an elite offense with some help? what more do you want. Tops in offensive YDS and undefeated (more or less) since the trade. Throw in breaking an all-time record or 2 in that streak. 

Holy sheesh, Dak may be the hero we always wanted BUT NEVER DESERVED !!! Dancing well some of us on here. And you know who you are 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It boggles my mind that Linehan hasn’t been fired.

Lots of blame to go around to numerous parties. Linehan, Dak, OL issues, injuries, no #1 WR for half the season, mediocre TEs.... think we should all just accept that for any shortcomings. 

I'm  confident there will be more changes to the offensive staff come the off season. Until then need to weather the storm and hope for a little late season magic. 

31 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We don't, though. 

Or at least not compared to previous expectations.

We have straggled, mightily, to convert short-down situations. 

From shotgun 3 wide. Find an example of us struggling to convert short yardage with a FB and/or 3 TEs.

Archived