A 10 Year Retrospective

Thaiphoon

8 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

As a representative for all of us that have been on the season ticket waiting list for 5+ years I hope you don't renew your season tickets. Honestly look at the waiting list, its gigantic, FedEx will always be full. If you wanna give up on the Skins go ahead, some of us are gonna be fans no matter what...

Was my account hijacked ten years ago? Brutal...

I figured I would be nice and let that one slide due to youthful naivete. :D:D

4 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Funnily enough, almost exactly 5 years after this in 2013 they tried to sell me tickets, but I didn't like the seats, paying for the pre-season games (the idea that it's $80 per ticket but that's based off 10 games is ludicrous), and the price of parking. One of the best choices I ever made.

I think that I got my offer of tickets about a month or two after I posted that. I bought them.

Only season I did that because I realized it wasn't worth it.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I think that I got my offer of tickets about a month or two after I posted that. I bought them.

Only season I did that because I realized it wasn't worth it.

That’s probably when you sold me a ticket to watch the Giants after two feet of snow. I think that was the beginning of the end of my optimism. 

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I was too so your not by yourself. I don't care what anyone says, I believe coaching and not taking him out with us up 14-0 made a hell of a difference in how things turned out. 

Disagree. Robert was always more in the weight room than he was in the film room. 

He was a project QB that we took at #2

47 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Disagree. Robert was always more in the weight room than he was in the film room. 

He was a project QB that we took at #2

Agree to Disagree. I will ask a question though, when you say he was in the weight room more than the film room was this before his injury or afterwards? I do think he rushed back from his injury "All In Week 1" with Cousins picked in the same draft class as him on the same team. 

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Agree to Disagree. 

You can disagree all you want. You'd still be wrong IMHO.

I will ask a question though, when you say he was in the weight room more than the film room was this before his injury or afterwards?

Robert was always in the weight room and training physically. Both before and after the injury. The problem wasn't his body. The problem was his mind. 

He had million dollar legs...a million dollar arm...and a ten cent head.

The guy had never worked with a route tree before coming here. At Baylor it was a one read system for him. At Baylor, if his primary read wasn't open he was encouraged to run with it. Which is why you saw him do the same things here. The Shannies utilized the Read Option system in his rookie season to take advantage of his strengths. The problem is a) he declared he didn't want to do it anymore after his rookie season and b) teams had figured out the gimmick and c) he wasn't ready for Week 1 after all. And even with his rookie year, the offense got receivers wide open. He didn't have to worry about tight windows.

So when he always tweeted or did social media he talked about getting after it in the weight room. Some of the players noted that he never seemed to be studying his playbook or opposing defenses as much as he was focused on the weight room.

I do think he rushed back from his injury "All In Week 1" with Cousins picked in the same draft class as him on the same team.

Here we agree. He rushed back too fast. I said at the time he injured the knee in the playoff game that he would be out most of the next season. And to have him come in and screw things up to push himself in to Week 1 (what was the team gonna say ? No Robert?), was a killer for the offense for much of that Fall.

And if we're really looking at what made a difference (at least in terms of his knee), then not shutting him down after Haloti Ngata snapped his knee backwards and hyperextended it was the primary catalyst.

That caused his ligaments to stretch in that knee. Which meant that they would not be able to keep it as stable as it needed to be. Its why the injury to his knee was so severe on such a mundane play in the playoff game. Because his knee had been so weakened since that hit in the Baltimore game.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

And if we're really looking at what made a difference (at least in terms of his knee), then not shutting him down after Haloti Ngata snapped his knee backwards and hyperextended it was the primary catalyst.

That caused his ligaments to stretch in that knee. Which meant that they would not be able to keep it as stable as it needed to be. Its why the injury to his knee was so severe on such a mundane play in the playoff game. Because his knee had been so weakened since that hit in the Baltimore game.

That's when coaches, trainer's, and doctors are suppose to step up and say NO you can't play until your truly healthy. Don't question HIS heart/toughness unless your gonna do that to others who have went against the grain and tried to grind it out for their teams. Fair enough we will just agree to disagree on the other part. Given the power that Mike had I don't see how you let a Owner convince you into taken a one trick pony QB who can't read deffense that high plus give away draft picks to get him. I know if I'm in that situation I would just resign and let the people know I had to because Dan wouldn't allow me to get the guys I needed to win. Once again despite the Ngata injury he still had the Team up 14-0 against the Seahawks. No one can take that away from him or question his toughness. No other top drafted QB I know of faced the situation of another QB being taken in the same draft as them. 

On 12/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

That’s probably when you sold me a ticket to watch the Giants after two feet of snow. I think that was the beginning of the end of my optimism. 

I thought it was the Chiefs? But yeah ...

4 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

At least I got to witness this live? We left immediately.

I remember my wife and I sitting in Damon's watching this and thinking "well, at least I got something out of that pair of tickets."

I still feel bad about that.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:54 PM, Skins212689 said:

Agree to Disagree. I will ask a question though, when you say he was in the weight room more than the film room was this before his injury or afterwards? I do think he rushed back from his injury "All In Week 1" with Cousins picked in the same draft class as him on the same team. 

Hey! We found out somewhere where we agreed. RG3 was mishandled by the HC and that’s why the HC was fires after the 2013 season. All of 2013, RG3 was mishandled by Shanahan. It started in the playoff game as you said up above, and coach with any awareness would’ve sat Robert down after he tweaked his knee on his TD pass and we were up 14-0.

Having RG healthy for Sept or Oct of 2013 & beyond was more important than any one game, but up until RG arrived, Shanahan’s teams were a disaster and most of his personnel decisions and most of his draft picks - which ironically happened w/ RG bc Shanahan didn’t handle him properly.

RG3 should’ve been shut down in the 2nd quarter of the 2012-13 playoff game but Shanahan felt he was coaching for his career and sadly he listened to the player about being ready to go back in the game and didn’t talk to Dr James Andrews which was a huge mistake!

Then, as Thai said before the 2013 season, Robert should’ve been kept on the PUP list for 6 weeks of that season. Thai was right about that, I was wrong. I believed since he was cleared he should play, but it was obvious he wasn’t comfortable with his knee the first month of the year and it showed.

Cousins should’ve been our started the first 6 weeks of 2013.

Archived