The Saints just signed Simmie Cobbs off PS

MikeT14

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yeah- he flashed some in pre-season. He may be good or JAG . Brees may get him to another level ! 

He flashed enough where a team making the playoffs wants him. That says they are thinking more on the good side rather than Jag! He should've been called up once the Skins own WRs started getting hurt, but their to incompetent to get that! 

So apparently the Redskins offered him a contract when the Saints attempted to sign him. He went with the Saints offer instead lol. Smart kid and a testament to just how far this franchise has fallen. Even practice squad players don’t want to be on this team. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

So apparently the Redskins offered him a contract when the Saints attempted to sign him. He went with the Saints offer instead lol. Smart kid and a testament to just how far this franchise has fallen. Even practice squad players don’t want to be on this team. 

To be fair, I'd choose Drew Brees throwing me the ball over Josh Johnson too.  

And I don’t blame the guy one bit. He’s been with this team all off-season and the enitre year. Instead of calling him up they brought in Perriman, Floyd, Chesun. Chessun by the way is god awful and don’t try and tell me he’s not Turtle. I can understand how that would piss a guy off that’s put the work in and been praised by his fellow teammates. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

To be fair had they been called him up to play, he wouldn't have had a choice between the two. 

As @MikeT14 pointed out, if they hadn't inexplicably decided to keep Colt McCoy "just in case" they made the playoffs and instead IR'ed him and given Cobbs the spot, he wouldn't have been available for the Saints to come calling.

Archived