BleedTheClock's 2019 Mock-Offseason (2019-2020 Super Bowl Recipe)

BleedTheClock

My insane "Take the Browns to the Super Bowl" 2019 NFL Mock Off-Season:

*We win out & keep Gregg Williams & Freddie Kitchens. Fire Amos Jones and promote Josh Cribbs.
*We cut Jamie Collins, which is the only real big cut made.
*We spend solid money this off-season in an attempt to make a playoff run. This team is ready for a splurge to get to the next level.
*We re-sign most of our key guys, jettisoning players like Kindred and DeValve.

Quick Excel View of Off-Season:  (more extensive version below)

Screenshot (15)

FREE AGENCY:

FA: Anthony Barr SLB
Image result for anthony barr
-We let Jamie Collins go and throw big bucks at Barr. He starts at SLB and can also move down to DE in nickel packages.

FA: Ja'Wuan James OT
Image result for jawuan james
-We need another OT. James replaces Hubbard. James is steady in the run and pass game. Unspectacular, but is slightly above average and young.

FA: Delanie Walker TE
Image result for delanie walker
-A very good veteran TE that can attack every area of the field. Reliable playmaker. Old, but a huge upgrade over DeValve.

FA: Colt McCoy QB
Image result for colt mccoy
-I still think he's a solid backup in the NFL. One of the better veteran QB's on the market. Purely for depth. We're screwed if Baker goes down neways.

FA: Will Compton MLB
Image result for will compton nfl
-Purely depth. He's got decent speed and athleticism, but isn't really that good. Special teams guy.

FA: Stephone Anthony WLB
Image result for stephone anthony
-A freak athlete that can run and chase with the best of them. Not very strong at the point of attack and is more of a backup/depth guy.

NFL DRAFT:

#17: DK Metcalf  WR  Ole Miss
Image result for dk metcalf
-A superfreak of speed and size. Good hands and excellent body control. Makes highlight catches routinely. Elite deep ball WR. He's a Josh Gordon clone and would give Baker a ridiculous weapon to work with. Underdeveloped route runner and missed time with a bad neck injury.

2nd: Gerald Willis  DT  Miami Fl.
Image result for gerald willis
-A speedy and athletic 3-Technique that makes plays in the run and pass game. Knives into the backfield effectively and can absolutely get to the QB in a hurry. He's lazy and inconsistent and has minor off-field issues, but the talent is real. Immediate starter next to Ogunjobi.

3rd: Kenny Willikes  DE  Michigan State
Image result for kenny willekes
-I love this kid. Quick, athletic, and plays his balls off. He's as much of a grinder as anyone you'll ever see. He's smaller, but extremely productive and just a pain in the butt to block. Effort, quickness, and intensity make him a very effective pass rusher. He'll back up Ogbah and replace him on passing downs. Might have some LB'er versatility.

4th: Essang Bassey  CB  Wake Forest
Image result for essang bassey
-My favorite CB in the draft. He's not as talented as Baker or Greedy, but he's ELITE at smacking the football out of the hands of the WR's. He's a good tackler. Has good athletic traits. Battles every throw and is as pesky as they come. Nickel CB.

4th: Taylor Rapp  SS  Washington
Image result for taylor rapp
-He's an incredible wrap-up tackler that takes great angles. He's not very big or fast, but the dude knows how to fill on an edge and make the play. Mediocre at best in coverage, but an instant upgrade over Kindred, who can't tackle or cover.

5th: Joe Bachie  MLB  Michigan State
Image result for joe bachie
-St. Edward alumnus that plays NASTY. He's as mean as they come and will bash skulls inside the box. Surprising athletic traits as well. Struggles in coverage despite athleticism. Will back up Schobert and could eventually blossom into a starter.

5th: Martez Ivey  OG  Florida
Image result for martez ivey
-Once the top rated OL prospect in the country, Ivey has been up and down. He's got a huge frame and excellent athleticism, but hasn't played angry and doesn't finish blocks with mutant strength. We could use a future Zeitler replacement. Ivey could be the guy, as he possesses the traits of an NFL starter.

5th: George Aston  FB  Pittsburgh
Image result for george aston
-My favorite player from this draft class. The perfect FB prospect. He can run the ball, run & pass block, and most importantly, is a threat out of the backfield. He can play H-Back too. Great all-around football player that will make us better. Love the thought of Chubb behind him (that sounds kinda weird).

6th: Diontae Johnson  WR  Toledo
Image result for diontae johnson
-He's my big-time sleeper WR. Quickness, long speed, hands, RAC ability, production. Makes spectacular catches. High points the ball nicely. Limited route tree and size drop him down, but he reminds me of Antonio Brown a lot. Not sure why he doesn't get more pub.

7th: Eric Dungey  QB  Syracuse
Image result for eric dungey
-Gritty QB prospect that can run the ball between the tackles routinely and throw bombs. He's more of a gadget player right now, but he's got tools to work with. Can do a lot of what Taysom Hill is doing for the Saints. A big-time leader.

BAM! 16-0, followed up with a 3-0 post season.

Cleveland Browns hoist the Lombardi Trophy

As a Syracuse fan I thought it was cool to see Dungey here, I agree with the taysom hill comp. sadly I don’t think Dungey is s strong enough passer to make a roster and has had his history of injuries. But as a fan of the orange I love the kid he has a set of juevos on him. And there is always this........

QuickUnrulyFinnishspitz-size_restricted.

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

As a Syracuse fan I thought it was cool to see Dungey here, I agree with the taysom hill comp. sadly I don’t think Dungey is s strong enough passer to make a roster and has had his history of injuries. But as a fan of the orange I love the kid he has a set of juevos on him. And there is always this........

QuickUnrulyFinnishspitz-size_restricted.

What. Is. That.

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Regarding the draft, I don't believe John Dorsey will ever take a WR in round 1 until I see it happen.

DL, OL, CB, QB. That's all he's ever selected in round 1. 

Highest WR selected was Chris Conley 76th overall, unless you count Travis Kelce (63rd).

Dorsey has also sucked ar drafting olinemen, he will want to rectify that. 

I cant see him not going dl in round one if there is a guy available. 

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

As a Syracuse fan I thought it was cool to see Dungey here, I agree with the taysom hill comp. sadly I don’t think Dungey is s strong enough passer to make a roster and has had his history of injuries. But as a fan of the orange I love the kid he has a set of juevos on him.

I freaking love Dungey. I know he isn't the most gifted thrower (at all), but he's got legitimately elite intangibles and I want to see him on an NFL roster. Could he maybe be an H-Back? I envisioned him being our goal line QB, where we could bring him in and run some gadgety plays with.

No to Walker, dislocated ankle and an associated fracture this season. Dont want any part paying or playing a 35yr old TE coming back from an injury like that.

No to Colt, again coming off of an injury. Browns already have the old vet on the team in Stanton. If were keeping Kitchens, your keeping Stanton, since both of them have been together for so long. If the Browns go QB, I kinda want Patterson from Michigan. I think he could be a poor mans Mayfield. I think he has decent tool set but was just greatly misused in college. Harbs tried using him like Andrew Luck, when he has a lot more of mayfield in his game than Luck. Michigan should have been more of a spread team this year.

DT your labeling with lazy and inconsistent should be a major red flag

@BleedTheClock

I love Joe Bachie Jr.'s tape ... he looks special at times. Really good eye. I think his talent would make him a steal in the 5th.

I really like DK Metcalf. I do wonder how his neck will check out at the combine. I love the idea of giving Baker a big reliable and athletic pass catcher.

Gerald Willis has had tremendous production this year, but he is too inconsistent and all over the place with his technique, awareness, and functional strength IMO to be taken in the 2nd.  He finds himself out of position so many times without a clue as to where the ball is that it's frustrating. It could be a coaching thing as well where helping him understand his keys and rush plan could harness his raw ability. I see him as more of a 3rd or 4th round prospect prospect.

Anthony Barr would be an interesting chess piece, but at the price that he'll demand we may be better served investing elsewhere.

I don't believe in Ja'Wuan James as an upgrade over Chris Hubbard at all.

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I freaking love Dungey. I know he isn't the most gifted thrower (at all), but he's got legitimately elite intangibles and I want to see him on an NFL roster. Could he maybe be an H-Back? I envisioned him being our goal line QB, where we could bring him in and run some gadgety plays with.

That’s why I think you nailed his comparison to taysom hill perfect 

Archived