Jump to content

Your Top 10 RB for 2017


Recommended Posts

1.Sanquon Barkley-Penn State
2.Nick Chubb-Georgia
3.Derrius Gulce-LSU
4.Justin Jackson-Northwestern
5.Bo Scarbrough-Alabama
6.Myles Gaskin-Washington
7.Ronald Jones-USC
8.Kyle Hicks-TCU
9.Kamryn Pettway-Auburn
10.Royce Freeman-Oregon

Next Tier in no order

Jarvion Franklin-Western Michigan, Ralph Webb-Vanderbilt, Cam Akers-Florida State

Link to post
Share on other sites

1a.) Derrius Guice - LSU

1b.) Saquon Barkley - PSU

3.) Nick Chubb - UGA (if he has regained all his explosiveness)

4.) Sony Michel - UGA

5.) Ronald Jones - USC (added 10 lbs in off-season and it shows with how he's running in camp)

6.) Kalen Ballage - ASU (huge upside.. hope he gets more work this year)

7.) Damien Harris - ALA

8.) LJ Scott - MSU

9.) Jordan Scarlett - UF

10.) Bo Scarbrough - ALA (injury history scares me)

This is my stab at it, but I honestly need to get more into the tape. I'm mainly going off live viewings.

I just went with draft eligible backs. 

There are honestly a lot of talented guys out there. Like I wanted to have Lavon Coleman (UW), Myles Gaskin (UW), Mark Walton (UM), etc on there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

4.Justin Jackson-Northwestern

Haven't really seen much of him, but your high ranking makes me interested.

Can you tell me a bit about him?

48 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Next Tier in no order

Jarvion Franklin-Western Michigan

Tough SOB.

This play was crazy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

3.) Nick Chubb - UGA (if he has regained all his explosiveness)

 

Part of it will be him being 100%, but @buno67 posted a great graphic about how often he got hit before the line of scrimmage or right there, and its large. The offensive line is the one x-factor for Georgia this year. If Pittman is as good as everyone thinks, he will have this line actually blocking this year.

Thats one huge factor for Chubb and co.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, devils1854 said:

Part of it will be him being 100%, but @buno67 posted a great graphic about how often he got hit before the line of scrimmage or right there, and its large. The offensive line is the one x-factor for Georgia this year. If Pittman is as good as everyone thinks, he will have this line actually blocking this year.

Thats one huge factor for Chubb and co.

I see.

Is he looking more explosive in camp? 

Also, I'm really surprised to see a Georgia fan not have Michel anywhere in the top 10 or even on the honorable mentions. I might have him a bit  high, but I love the guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I see.

Is he looking more explosive in camp? 

Also, I'm really surprised to see a Georgia fan not have Michel anywhere in the top 10 or even on the honorable mentions. I might have him a bit  high, but I love the guy.

He was explosive last year. He just didnt have blocking. If you want to see something impressive this offseason from here....then ok

 

 

Michel is a damn good back, and could be top 10 or so, I was trying to not be so much homerish, but Michel is going to play a lot of slot this year with Chubb in the backfield. Both on the field at the same time......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

1.Sanquon Barkley-Penn State
2.Nick Chubb-Georgia
3.Derrius Gulce-LSU
4.Justin Jackson-Northwestern
5.Bo Scarbrough-Alabama
 

 

Good job with the threads @devils1854.

That said, no way on this earth is Justin Jackson better than Bo scarbrough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, devils1854 said:

He was explosive last year. He just didnt have blocking. If you want to see something impressive this offseason from here....then ok

 

 

Michel is a damn good back, and could be top 10 or so, I was trying to not be so much homerish, but Michel is going to play a lot of slot this year with Chubb in the backfield. Both on the field at the same time......

Royce Freeman did the same thing except that he went down all the way:


Not sure how I feel about Royce this year. Obviously we had a lot of problems last year, but he was one of them. He ran like a wuss. Tony Brooks-James (very underrated) was better than him. Hopefully Willie lights a fire in Royce. It's now or never.

Edited by Oregon Ducks
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know where he belongs on the list but I believe he deserves to be top10. I will say Mike Weber from tOSU will be a top10 RB this year. I was quoted about it in this thread and talked about it in the preseason ranking thread, the OL for tOSU is going to be one of the best run blocking units in the nation. I believe with that kind of OL that Weber is going to have a huge year. I know he left a lot of yards on the field last year when he would get tripped up when he had nothing but green in front of him. From reports I have read he has worked a lot on his balance so those things wont happen as often as last year. I also believe with Wilson being the OC that this rushing attack should be pretty good. Wilson has produce some pretty darn good RBs during his time.

If Weber is healthy he will be a top10 back, I know he has battled an injury during the camp and the staff has been holding him back so he is healthy for the season. I think Weber will have a huge year and he wont even be the best RB in the conference. Barkley is easily the #1 back in the nation and Weber will be the #2 back in the Big10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...