Our Linebackers

J Shank

I didn't see it being discussed at length anywhere else, so I started this thread. 

Why would it be an issue playing LVE, Jaylon, and Lee when we are in a 4-3 (I know we are usually in nickel...)?

Are we really going to play Wilson over the other 3?

Jaylon seems like he could play the SAM really well... What do you guess think?

I’m hearing some positive things about Sean Lee and his return. Lee has been diligently working with Britt Brown, the Cowboys’ associate athletic trainer and director of rehabilitation, these past several weeks just for this opportunity. With Lee now available, I expect we will still see Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith as the starters, with Lee filling in as need be. As in the past, look for the medical staff to monitor the Lee situation as the game wears on in order to get the most out of him. Something else of note here is that Lee understands what Vander Esch and Smith have done in his absence. He’s not interested in coming and disrupting what those two have accomplished to this point.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/final-thoughts-life-without-martin-more

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Wilson is on the field for about 10-15 snaps a game. 

I’m sure Wilson will lose most of his snaps, and they might add a few more by going with 3 down linemen and using Jaylon as a pass rusher. Even still, to give Lee 30-40 snaps, a big chunk of those will have to come in place of Jaylon or LVE.

Which is perfect imo. To keep them all fresh. We won't be worse when Lee is on the field.

Archived