Sign in to follow this  
true2form

Bryant on IR/Suspended

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Ready for a complete overhaul next year of the receiving core 

I'd keep Jordy, Ateman, and Roberts for now. Roberts gets cut when we add better talent than him. Ateman should be no more than a WR4.

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Ready for a complete overhaul next year of the receiving core 

Me too. I dont think we need a star receiver, we had one in Amari and it didnt work out with Carr. Ill take a solid receiver core ,who may not have game breaking ability but can make the contested catches Carr likes. Resign Cook, maybe get the TE from Iowa, find a good possession guy in rounds 2-4.

25 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Me too. I dont think we need a star receiver, we had one in Amari and it didnt work out with Carr. Ill take a solid receiver core ,who may not have game breaking ability but can make the contested catches Carr likes. Resign Cook, maybe get the TE from Iowa, find a good possession guy in rounds 2-4.

Tyrell Williams is top of my list and I wouldn’t mind Tyler Kroft as well with Cook big ol targets for DC

Browns traded a 4th for Laundry who led the league in catches in 2017 and no character issues.. Meanwhile Gruden trades a 3rd for Bryant lol

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Browns traded a 4th for Laundry who led the league in catches in 2017 and no character issues.. Meanwhile Gruden trades a 3rd for Bryant lol

And paid him 75,500,000 over 5 years

Not sure what the deal is but maybe Bryant could be in the mix next year at some point after all?

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:
Not sure what the deal is but maybe Bryant could be in the mix next year at some point after all?

He'd be a free agent wouldn't he? He only had a year left on his contract. 

Bring him back into camp. Why not. We have nothing to lose if he's free to audition once again. It's not like we're swimming in WR talent as it stands anyways.

On 2/9/2019 at 5:49 AM, big_palooka said:

He'd be a free agent wouldn't he? He only had a year left on his contract. 

A restricted free agent maybe? I don't know if he's hit the three years of service requirement with all the suspensions.

Only reason we’d bring him back is to try to save face. Need to cut him  loose and admit the mistake, time to move on without him, he’s untrustworthy. 

On 2/13/2019 at 12:10 PM, Dessie said:

Only reason we’d bring him back is to try to save face. Need to cut him  loose and admit the mistake, time to move on without him, he’s untrustworthy. 

What do we have to gain from this? He's literally dirt cheap and it's not like we are overflowing with WR talent. It would be a joke to not bring him back unless we made massive improvements in the receiver room. At this point, there's no downside to seeing in bringing him back. At worst we get nothing. At best, he might regain past form with Pitt.