Brees gifts 200 balls

rocky_rams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/14/drew-brees-gave-all-his-receivers-game-balls-after-setting-passing-record/amp/

Drew Brees gave away 200 commemorative balls to former and current coachs and players for his all time passing record. 

Dude is a personification of a leader and a class act. If no Rams players win MVP, I hope he does  

Tom Brady passing yards including playoffs= 80,085

Drew Brees passing yards including playoffs=78117

Peyton Manning passing yards including playoffs=79279

Also does anyone else see this as a blatant "VOTE ME FOR MVP" kinda gesture? 

Not to discredit Brees but Mahomes deserves the MVP more, plus he's technically not the all time leader in passing yards for like 3-5 more games. 

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Not to discredit Brees but Mahomes deserves the MVP more, plus he's technically not the all time leader in passing yards for like 3-5 more games. 

"Vote me for MVP" by saying thanks to the guys that caught balls form him and blocked for him?  What does this have to do with MVP?

18 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

"Vote me for MVP" by saying thanks to the guys that caught balls form him and blocked for him?  What does this have to do with MVP?

Thank god that this is the last year in brees career. He's an attention whore. Who ever got him for 15 million and sold him a crappy diamond,

God bless. 

17 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Good PR and reputation is everything when it comes to award voted on by the press,  Brees has played as well as Mahomes and a nice boost of PR like this gives him a slight edge. 

Obviously it's more about celebrating the accomplishment than anything but this still comes off to me as that.

11 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Good PR and reputation is everything when it comes to award voted on by the press,  Brees has played as well as Mahomes and a nice boost of PR like this gives him a slight edge. 

Obviously it's more about celebrating the accomplishment than anything but this still comes off to me as that.

Mahomes with his voice can't be taken seriously as a person. So he should never win MVP. 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Drew Brees gave away 200 commemorative balls to former and current coachs and players for his all time passing record. 

Dude is a personification of a leader and a class act. If no Rams players win MVP, I hope he does  

The fact that all 200 balls went to opposing defensive backs seems like grandstanding to me

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

You do know this was never a thing before they had to find some way to get Tom Brady some career records right?

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You do know this was never a thing before they had to find some way to get Tom Brady some career records right?

Total stats have always been a thing.... 

I don't know what you're trying to argue with this, but when talking about "Who has the most X thing all time" you measure all of the stats, regular and post season. 

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-small.gif

30 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I don't know what you're trying to argue with this, but when talking about "Who has the most X thing all time" you measure all of the stats, regular and post season. 

Oh yeah, everyone knows how many homeruns Babe Ruth hit. 729.

Wait, I thought he had 714, oh that was just regular season homeruns? What? Are you telling me that you can't be 2 homeruns short after the regular season ends and then hit 3 in the postseason and win the HR title? When did this happen?

Well that's baseball. We all know Peyton Manning owns the single season TD pass mark at 60. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Why does it seem like the number is 55 even though we know he threw 5 more in that post season? Weird how that works.

18 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Make Preseason Count Again!

Archived