Week 15 GDT: Houston Texans vs New York Jets

TejasTom

I am not sure that our coaches understand that our secondary cant stop anyone and our line cant block anyone. we call plays as if those arent areas of weakness. 

I think some of it is scheme related. our secondary isnt just getting beat, guys are wide open. we play 10 yards off on 3rd and 3. 

Our pass rush has been non existent for long periods of time.

Still we can beat a few teams in round 1, but the Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers and Chargers are all too good at QB for us to beat.  

I dont get whats the point of trading for DT and you dont even use him right?  Also our TE's werent even productive.  This offensive scheme is straight terrible.  How do you learn from one of the GOAT hc's and you still suck at calling plays?  If the Texans swapped skill postition players with the Pats they would be way better than us.

36 minutes ago, tab said:

it feels like watson is processing 1000 things when he goes to pass lately. 

That's my take on it - he's sitting back there way too long, waiting for guys to get open. He needs to either find a hot read or run more frequently, because he's trying to take 10+ seconds back there.

23 hours ago, amazingandre said:

OB is just lost as the OC. He finally ran quick slants and hitches at the end and it worked great. He has no idea to be effective as a play caller. 

This. Whenever he goes back to this, it works! When he tries to force his offense on personnel that they don't have is they get into trouble. He is so stubborn. He needs to play to Watson's (and the team's) strength of spreading things out and getting the ball out quick. Not these long developing plays with that has no chance of success when Watson is instantly under pressure when he takes the snap.

Archived