Time Machine

ZenoRazon

You can go back to ten moments in history, obviously as just an observer you aren't involved at all.

I want to see a T-Rex.

What did happen to Davey at the Alamo?

I want to be there when David loads that sling shot as Goliath heckles him.

I want to be there when the first slave ships arrive in America.

I want to see Custer at the Little Big Horn.

I want to be there in Greenwood the night Robert Johnson was posioned by a jealous husband, so the story goes.

I want to be there at the OK Corral, see what really happened.

I want to be there in Memphis at Sun Records when Elvis first recorded.

I want to be at the Stovall Plantation in 1941 as Alan Lomax (Library of Congress, he was looking for Robert Johnson, didn't know he was dead) recorded Muddy Waters, right there on his front porch (I own these recordings)

I want to be on that beach when that fishie thingy came crawling out of the sea.

7 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

I want to be on that beach when that fishie thingy came crawling out of the sea.

7 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

I want to be there when David loads that sling shot as Goliath heckles him.

Check out this Gray Jedi

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Go back in time to January 12, 2016. Find myself. Give myself the next day's Powerball numbers. Win the largest single prize in Powerball history.

Then bet half of it on Donald Trump to win the 2016 election

Look at this galactic cheatcoder. OP cleeeearly states you’re only an observer and can’t actually impact the past. So yeah bro have fun observing the largest powerball prize again while not being able to win it again. 

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Go back in time to January 12, 2016. Find myself. Give myself the next day's Powerball numbers. Win the largest single prize in Powerball history.

Then bet half of it on Donald Trump to win the 2016 election

Bet the other half on the Cavs to win the championship when they were down 3-1.

On 12/17/2018 at 6:49 AM, Bullet Club said:

1. Whenever some lost treasure disappeared that no has found yet. Then I can "discover it" and get rich for life.

2. JFK assassination

I remember what I was doing when JFK got shot. I was in wood shop when a girl with tears streaming down her face came in class with a note.  She handed it to Mr.Kennedy, he looked down read it, then turned around walked over to the window and stood there looking out at nothing for a good 10 seconds, then...........can I have your attention please,,,,,

Seeing Ozwalt shot on live TV.....whoa!

Lets start with .....

1. Apollo 11 Moon landing

2. K-T mass extinction (to see the asteroid impact)

3. First successful ascent of Mount Everest 

4. Aboard Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge 

5. Duke vs Kentucky 1992 to see the stomp followed by The Shot!!!!!

6. Pearl Harbour on December 7th, 1941 followed by Omaha Beach during D-Day 

7.  Mount Saint Helen's eruption first and then the Tambora volcanic eruption in 1815 so I can see the difference 

8. August 5, 2012 aboard Voyager 1 when it entered Interstellar Space 

9. 1590 Roanoke, to find our what really happened to the colony 

10. Oak Island back when the money pit and tunnels were dug to learn what really happened there as well. 

Safe in the knowledge that I can't interfere, & I can't be interfered with. I'd choose 10 from the following...

Nature: 

(To borrow from @ZenoRazon & @Pickle Rick)

I'd definitely want to see some extinct icons in action... Theropods : Allosaurids, Tyrannosaurids, etc. And, I'd like to see some long dead felid megafauna  - Smilodon, Panthera leo atrox, etc. But, Crocodilians are my favourite, so I'd want to see a Purussaurus brasiliensis (Giant prehistoric caiman) most of all. 

Either the K-T Extiction or Quaternary extinction. (Can't pass up the opportunity for definitive answers) 

I'd also like to witness any of the historic supervolcano eruptions & their aftermath. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sport:

Horse Racing - Secretariat Belmont Stakes (1973) / Witness Man O' War race (1919-20) / War Admiral v. Seabiscuit - Match Race at Pimlico (1938)  

American Football - Witness Jim Brown live. Either the Browns championship season (1964) / Or, the (58,63) seasons / (1958) NFL Championship 

Rugby Union  - The Invincibles (New Zealand - All Blacks) - Undefeated - Tour of the United Kingdom, Ireland, France & Canada (1924-25) 

Olympics -  Catch the ancient version with the naked dudes.  

~~~~~~~~~~~

War:

The Great Wars are my favourite, so I'd probably want to catch a couple of battles / events from both...

(WWI) ... The Somme, Gallipoli Campaign, Battle of Messines, Battle of Tannenberg, etc /// On board with Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen during his final flight.

(WWII)  ... Invasion of Normandy, Battle of Stalingrad, North African Campaign, Battle of Midway, etc /// Los Alamos during the creation of the atomic bombs / Ground zero in either Nagasaki or Hiroshima when the bombs hit. So, I can witness first hand the impact & aftermath. 

(Civil Wars) ... The Spanish is quite interesting, so I'd like to catch either the Battle Teruel or Ebro. The sadist in me thinks the Battle of Badajoz & the resulting aftermath might be worth a look. 

(Ancient Wars) Something from Ancient + Imperial China would be interesting too. And, maybe something involving the Roman Empire. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Extras:

Europe during the Black Death

London during Jack the Ripper's reign 

Visit ancient empires in their prime

Watch gladiators in the Colosseum  

Catch an Inquisition or Witch Trial

Apollo Moon Landing

Be a fly on the wall as Galileo, Newton or Darwin have their eureka moments. 

There to see Shakespeare take a bow

There to see Jefferson and Madison explain Federalist Papers

There to see Lincon debate Douglas

TR any time

FDR any time

JFK 

Hemingway

Luckman play QB

Halas and Lombardi argue line play

What really happened in 2016

Archived