GDT: New England Patriots @ Pittsburgh Steelers

VigilantZombie

1 hour ago, August4th said:

DulIqIzXgAA6spF.jpg

thank you browns, we will put together a Christmas gift for them. 

Watt got pressure tonight. He was the difference  and I think the DL overall got more pressure than in the past, maybe the pats OL isn't as good, but Watt made the difference . Take Watt out and put dupree in, this game is different with the usual outcome

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

he will take a fair amount of cap with him if we cut him. I think they keep him, and tell the offence to score more.  

You know what honestly I'm not in agreement with it when he missed his first kick I was I felt completely and utterly frustrated and yeah I felt like enough is enough but man when he made that 48 yard field goal. Call me sentimental because I've been as big of a Critic of Chris Boswell as anybody but I mean let's be fair we've all criticized him and he has deserved it but I don't know after that kick I'm just not willing to give up on him yet. Perhaps I'm being naive and holding out hope that he's going to turn it around but I truly do have hope and belief

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Is anyone else still completely stunned to that we beat the Patriots?

I am stunned that the coaches finally put together a D scheme that was appropriate for the opponent.  While that was good,  Watt was the difference  because he made brady uncomfortable. Samuels yardage was more than I expected but I would say the pats D is not as good as it needs to be.  Samuels has good hands and good vision.  I was surprised he was there late in the draft since he is a good receiver out of the backfield. 

Also, they might have to play the pats again (who knows) and that will be the real test. No need to get carried away, because if we play them again, I am not counting on them to drop as many passes and I also expect BB to get better protection for brady.  However, If we get Connor healthy by then and if Ben doesn't throw the INT's, I  don't see the Pats having the weapons anymore. They aren't quite the teams they fielded in the past. 

The Key was that we got pressure with 4 and dupree wasn't out there much so credit whoever replaced him.

Right now the pic has us hosting the chargers if I am correct. The AFC playoffs have 4 teams that can be dangerous right now.  The ravens have the D, so it should have some good games.  

I think we have as many INT's as a few individual CB INT leaders finally. It took until after week 15, but later is better than never. We need to get more INT's and FF's, no where near enough TO's 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Is anyone else still completely stunned to that we beat the Patriots?

I didn't get to watch live, but that was a very strange game. I can't recall the last time I saw so many calls go against NE. The Steelers should have forced a turnover on that "forward progresse" bull.  But nearly every call in this game went for the Steelers. I don't think anyone called 17-10 as the end result of this one.

Regardless, the Steelers skill guys were the single biggest factor in this game. They made nearly every combated catch, outside two off the top of my head. A few key drops from the Patriots killed some early drives.

I have to be frank - I didn't see much pressure from the Steelers today. They paid a lot of attention to Watt. Hargrave is a guy who has given the Pats fits in the past, but he didn't really sniff Brady. All the talk about pressure from Romo during the game was kind of nonsense. They sacked Brady once and hit him another time that I recall.

All in all it's a kind of hollow victory to me. I didn't see anything that actually gave me confidence in the Steelers, and the Patriots are a weaker version of themselves. It's really hard for me to see either of these teams representing the AFC.

7 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

It's really hard for me to see either of these teams representing the AFC.

Just wondering who you think is head and shoulders better than them then. I’m not saying pencil either of these teams into the super bowl, but they are just as likely as any of the other AFC contenders. 

The Chiefs have a worse defense than us, we had a 16 point lead on the Chargers and self destructed, we beat the patriots, Houston had a fake winning streak where they played no one, and the ravens can’t throw for over 180 yards. 

The Chargers are the most well rounded of the bunch, but they are going to have to go onto the road and are very beatable (and have a really poor history with kickers). I feel like this would be a fans dream playoff to watch if you didn’t have a rooting interest. 

The Kansas City Chiefs are the only AFC team that I genuinely think could be better than the Steelers. Wii cost ourselves the game against the Oakland Raiders. We should have beaten the Chargers I don't care yeah maybe we didn't take advantage of opportunities but the officiating was so damn bad in that game the officials accounted for 21 points that the Chargers scored.

When it comes to Denver officiating in that game wasn't much better but it's one of those situations where we didn't play very effective against a team that had no business beating us honestly I thought the Patriots were Head and Shoulders better than us and we held them to 10 points. I truly do believe in a rematch with the Chargers we will absolutely win that game. I would be more worried if we were in the NFC

37 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The Kansas City Chiefs are the only AFC team that I genuinely think could be better than the Steelers.

their defense and pass protection is weak..I think the steelers could win that game

if we make it to the postseason..I can see us beating any team while also losing to anyone..AFC playoffs look to be wide open this yr

11 minutes ago, August4th said:

their defense and pass protection is weak..I think the steelers could win that game

if we make it to the postseason..I can see us beating any team while also losing to anyone..AFC playoffs look to be wide open this yr

I completely agree but that's also why I said what I said about Connor last night I would prefer him not to play against the Saints or the Bengals. In recent history our biggest issues in the playoffs other than the Jaguars game I'm not even getting it into that he is not having our biggest Playmakers on the field because of injuries. Had you asked me last week and I have said as much I would not be in favor of Jaylen Samuels running the football but man did he prove me wrong.

Archived