Passer rating: 133.9

GRONK VS. CORNERBACKS, 2016-17
Targets: 24
Receptions: 11
Receiving yards: 192
TD-INT: 1-1
Passer rating: 70.1

Put Sutton or Burns M-t-M on Gronk

Burns cannot handle that job. He's not physical enough. My hunch is they're going to try Sutton, and I don't know how that works. Burns playing in general scares me. He hasn't been good at anything this year.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And what exactly has Allen shown?

As sad as it is, he hasn't shown the ability to get penalties and constantly burned. Yeah, thats about as positive as it gets with all this, really is a sore spot this secondary, they better fix this in the offseason, preferably after they fire colbert.  

He hasn't played much, so it's unknown, but hopefully better than what will happen. We already have seen what happens with the other route.  The steelers better hope gronk falls as he did on the miracle in miami play ;)

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Burns cannot handle that job. He's not physical enough. My hunch is they're going to try Sutton, and I don't know how that works. Burns playing in general scares me. He hasn't been good at anything this year.

I agree on tis unless somehow burns has made progress in recent months.  Haden might work, but tell that to tomlin.  Bold is the way many here have seen it.  Add a few penalties and a few TD's, thats burns on this D. Then the communication breakdowns...

When burns was put in, the QB saw it and the pass to burns WR was the only read, just throw it there, no worries. 

13 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

If we win, can the "yeah, but we still arent winning the super bowl" and the "Im not even watching this team or the NFL next year" crowed just kindly excuse yourselves for the week. Enjoy the moment. 

Honestly to answer this I am still in the I'm going to believe we can win the Superbowl in till were completely eliminated crowd. I know this team isn't necessarily a Super Bowl team but that doesn't mean I'm not going to allow myself to be so naive that I believe there's some sort of Miracle sitting there waiting for us to grab ahold of

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

If they activate B.Allen, maybe he will get a chance, because I can't see sutton or burns matching up .   

What makes you think you think Allen will have any success when he was on the practice squad earlier this year?

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly to answer this I am still in the I'm going to believe we can win the Superbowl in till were completely eliminated crowd. I know this team isn't necessarily a Super Bowl team but that doesn't mean I'm not going to allow myself to be so naive that I believe there's some sort of Miracle sitting there waiting for us to grab ahold of

I always believe we have a chance until we are officially eliminated, but I am also realistic and understand the limitations on this team. But it’s an absolutely pet peeve of mine when people say they are not going to watch the nfl anymore (liars) and when people do the “yeah but we still aren’t going to win it all”. Just enjoy the game if we beat the patriots and enjoy the ride. 

There is a real fear that we won’t make the playoffs - we really dropped the ball with the way our schedule shapes out here, but if anyone has watched the Thursday game or the Houston game yesterday....I have zero fear of the AFC playoffs...I fear us, more than I fear them. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I always believe we have a chance until we are officially eliminated, but I am also realistic and understand the limitations on this team. But it’s an absolutely pet peeve of mine when people say they are not going to watch the nfl anymore (liars) and when people do the “yeah but we still aren’t going to win it all”. Just enjoy the game if we beat the patriots and enjoy the ride. 

There is a real fear that we won’t make the playoffs - we really dropped the ball with the way our schedule shapes out here, but if anyone has watched the Thursday game or the Houston game yesterday....I have zero fear of the AFC playoffs...I fear us, more than I fear them. 

So well said here.  Until we are completely out of it, I don't count us out.

26 minutes ago, DR43 said:

What makes you think you think Allen will have any success when he was on the practice squad earlier this year?

It's the thinking that what we don't know is better because we don't know.  Obviously if we haven't seen him it means he's not doing the things in practice that he needs to do to see the field.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I was really hoping the Texans and the Browns would lose last night and go figure they both won

actually the browns winning helps us..Den would own the tiebreaker over us for a WC spot.. Browns don't..we would have to lose out for them to jump us

I’d be interested to hear from some more defensive minded people, but I can’t help but think that this would be a great week to have a 4 man Heyward - Hargreaves - Tuitt - Watt pass rush. Hargrave has been a force and is exactly the pressure that works on TB12. 

Preferably with Fort and Williams behind them and man 2 behind that. Dupree can rotate and just give 110% effort  

Not saying that’s our base or 100% defense, but I would really like to see that occasionally. Tight windows and a collapsing pocket. 

Archived