GDT: New England Patriots @ Pittsburgh Steelers

VigilantZombie

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I was basically fine with everything he said, until he threw Eli in there. Then you can tell he was just exaggerating to make his point. 

There is an argument for Ben to not be a hall of famer. Personally, I think he should be but I also Feel people shouldn’t make the HOF if they were not an undeniable top 3 player at their position during their playing time over a stretch. But there is no argument and no world in which Eli is better than ben. 

the HOF was more difficult to enter and still is for some, ask Faneca for example.  Ben should get in, maybe not 1st ballot, but if he is the reason we win the SB this year then I would say jordan better get the crow ready.  I have a feeling Ben and Co. are going to be ready to make a statement in this game.

Some players were dominant but had their careers cut short from injuries. This group never seems to get in the first few years at least. 

Pouncey already has 7 probowls , and on paper that is good fro him,  but Dawson had 7 and while better, still took many years to get in (Centres do get snubbed but for example) .

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Just tired of all the people trying to put it only on missing Bell. 

I completely agree I honestly do not think today Bell being here would have made any difference at all in what our current record is.

And we will not be able to escape the narrative no matter what we do unless we win the Super Bowl because if we don't win the Super Bowl The Narrative will be how far could we have made it if we had Le'Veon Bell

58 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I completely agree I honestly do not think today Bell being here would have made any difference at all in what our current record is.

And we will not be able to escape the narrative no matter what we do unless we win the Super Bowl because if we don't win the Super Bowl The Narrative will be how far could we have made it if we had Le'Veon Bell

Well there are a lot of reports that GMs, even of teams that need Bell, are saying Bell passed up the best deal he could get. 

Theres one report where the GM said “Steelers offered what $20M guaranteed and $15M a year? If the team that’s had him is only offering that, why should we pay more?”  I’ve been told that might be the Jets GM. Another one said “How can I trust he won’t hold out when the guarantees are over? It’s why he’s not on our FA board.”

Either way, this isn’t as big as a “loss” for us as most fans (and Brooks) will make it out to be. Most (smart) people are pointing to the lack of defensive progression and kicking regression. 

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

A Ravens win REALLY makes things difficult. They have shut LAC down. 

Ravens deserve credit, but there were questionable calls in their favour.  Ravens are playing excellent defence and are running the ball better than anyone sine the 76 steelers if you saw that (over the last 5 games)  :o

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I have been tired of all the bell hype since early in the season. The team was better when Connor was healthy ABD they ran him in the RZ.  Then our OC got haley'd and got cute in the RZ.  My answer to that narrative is what did we ever win with Bell? How about when he showed up just before kickoff in the last playoff game he played, what happened there? 

Some unfinished news business from last week:

When Boz missed his FG, Patriots were lined up illegally with someone over the LS (who's injured due to another team doing the same thing FWIW), and Belichick was at the 10 yard line (outside the coaching box).  Both should have resulted in 15 yard penalties.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Some unfinished news business from last week:

When Boz missed his FG, Patriots were lined up illegally with someone over the LS (who's injured due to another team doing the same thing FWIW), and Belichick was at the 10 yard line (outside the coaching box).  Both should have resulted in 15 yard penalties.

Obviously.

Archived