Jump to content
JetsandI

Texans vs Jets for lonely guys only.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lol I know it’s a joke but he did say watching McCown prepare and I guess all the non game stuff was huge. He never really had any of that in the preseason and he started week 1.

No, I know, just being facetious. Seriously would be ok with McCown being our QB coach next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to think Shell could miss all of next year.  Our o-line is a mess.

 

@RichCimini

 
 

RT Brandon Shell underwent knee surgery today. Todd Bowles said it's "too complicated" to explain the exact nature of it, saying it's beyond the typical ACL/MCL/PCL injury. No timetable issued by the team. #Jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Have to think Shell could miss all of next year.  Our o-line is a mess.

 

@RichCimini

 
 

RT Brandon Shell underwent knee surgery today. Todd Bowles said it's "too complicated" to explain the exact nature of it, saying it's beyond the typical ACL/MCL/PCL injury. No timetable issued by the team. #Jets

Our best lineman down the gutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Have to think Shell could miss all of next year.  Our o-line is a mess.

 

@RichCimini

 
 

RT Brandon Shell underwent knee surgery today. Todd Bowles said it's "too complicated" to explain the exact nature of it, saying it's beyond the typical ACL/MCL/PCL injury. No timetable issued by the team. #Jets

This hurts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This hurts

Yeah, it makes drafting a tackle in the 1st more likely.  Get Jonah, pop him in at RT for the year, and have him take over at LT in 2020.  That just means we'd need to address edge in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not over rate Shell. Shell couldnt run block to save his life and in an extremely inconsistent player. We need to really be active in the OL market in FA. There is not a tackle worth taking as high as we are going to draft and reaching on one is poor execution in the draft which we cannot afford anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Our best lineman down the gutter.

This is highly debatable considering he cant run block to save his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Lets not over rate Shell. Shell couldnt run block to save his life and in an extremely inconsistent player. We need to really be active in the OL market in FA. There is not a tackle worth taking as high as we are going to draft and reaching on one is poor execution in the draft which we cannot afford anymore. 

Not overrating Shell, he's an average RT, but if he's out all year next year, then we need another starting tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not overrating Shell, he's an average RT, but if he's out all year next year, then we need another starting tackle.

What can 100 million get us in the FA market for one or two O lineman? I do agree with you Shell is no more than a average RT, but this is another position we have to replace that was unexpected. The key to the 2019 season is to have a O line that can protect Darnold, so he doesn't have to roll out on every other pass play, that is how QB's  get hurt. The off season has to be about the offensive side of the ball, sure we need a edge rusher also because Leo Willians, has been a huge disappointment. Even this week the Jets D line coach said Williams has not done the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What can 100 million get us in the FA market for one or two O lineman? I do agree with you Shell is no more than a average RT, but this is another position we have to replace that was unexpected. The key to the 2019 season is to have a O line that can protect Darnold, so he doesn't have to roll out on every other pass play, that is how QB's  get hurt. The off season has to be about the offensive side of the ball, sure we need a edge rusher also because Leo Willians, has been a huge disappointment. Even this week the Jets D line coach said Williams has not done the job.

I think the best case scenario is addressing edge in FA, so we can take Jonah Williams.  Likely need to add at least one top tier lineman in FA and another adquate vet (thinking maybe a guy like a Donald Penn).  I'd draft another in the third as well (let's say a guy like Jordan from OSU).  If our o-line was something like Beachum-Williams-Morse-Winters-Penn (until Shell returned) and then Williams-Jordan-Morse-another draft pick/FA-Shell in 2020, we'd be in pretty good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 8:14 PM, barnaby8787 said:

Not overrating Shell, he's an average RT, but if he's out all year next year, then we need another starting tackle.

Average is overrating him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 9:22 AM, barnaby8787 said:

I think the best case scenario is addressing edge in FA, so we can take Jonah Williams.  Likely need to add at least one top tier lineman in FA and another adquate vet (thinking maybe a guy like a Donald Penn).  I'd draft another in the third as well (let's say a guy like Jordan from OSU).  If our o-line was something like Beachum-Williams-Morse-Winters-Penn (until Shell returned) and then Williams-Jordan-Morse-another draft pick/FA-Shell in 2020, we'd be in pretty good shape.

Best case scenario? To take a guy who shouldnt be selected top 5 or even top 10 potentially 3rd overall? This is not the next D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Joe Thomas. He may not even project to a LT in the NFL. I am a big Bama fan and want no part of him that high in the draft. He simply isnt dominate enough to warrant that high a selection. Addressing the edge in FA is also going to be a lot harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×