College Football Bowl Games Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again N'Keal Harry reminds me of a bigger Joshua Cribbs in the way he moves and attacks open field. Joshua Cribbs wasn't fast either but he was one of the best to ever play the game. I think Harry can be a highly successful play maker in the NFL.

But to be fair, Josh Cribbs was one of the best to ever play special teams, but he was mediocre to average as a WR. I know my opinion won't be the popular consensus, so I expect not to be popular for it.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

But to be fair, Josh Cribbs was one of the best to ever play special teams, but he was mediocre to average as a WR. I know my opinion won't be the popular consensus, so I expect not to be popular for it.

I mean, he wasn’t even average as a WR, but he was a damned fine “playmaker”.

30 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I thought he should of been made a 3rd down back and special reamer. 

He wasnt a natural wr imo, a bit heavy. His special teams play was exceptional. 

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I would say valid counter point if we were comparing their ability to play WR. Harry is the far superior WR today than Joshua Cribbs ever was at any point in his career for numerous reasons. Joshua Cribbs was a college QB and never learned how to run routes in the NFL. He was never a good player without the ball in his hands. I am simply comparing the way the two move, their aggressiveness and short area burst to make plays despite a lack of top end speed. Harry is a thousand times better without the ball in his hands than Cribbs.

And don't get me wrong I am in no way in love with Harry as a prospect or being a Brown. There are WRs I like better and there are other players at other positions I would take over him in a heartbeat, but if he did end up a Brown I wouldn't be upset at all because I can easily see him being very good.

7 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again N'Keal Harry reminds me of a bigger Joshua Cribbs in the way he moves and attacks open field. Joshua Cribbs wasn't fast either but he was one of the best to ever play the game. I think Harry can be a highly successful play maker in the NFL.

Cribbs was a good returner, but to call him one of the best to ever play the game...c’mon man!  

6 minutes ago, Fofsadness said:

Cribbs was a good returner, but to call him one of the best to ever play the game...c’mon man!  

I think it’s absolutely fair to say one of the best special teamers to play the game as had incredible ability in the open field.

8 KR TD’s (Most all time), 3 PR TD’s, and was one of the best cover guys in the league his whole career.

I’m assuming @TheeRealDeal was just referring to ST and open field ability.

Finally have some decent prospects to watch today although they are all(but one) still mid to late rounders to me but better prospects than the first week of bowls.

Darrell Henderson RB Memphis  - Have seen him play a few times but I am not looking hard into RBs this year at all. I think he is a good player but he's nothing spectacular either. I see a 3rd round talent but obviously this draft doesn't seem to have a lot of good RBs so it could push him into Round 2. Obviously we don't need to be spending a high pick on a RB so I will not be focusing on him much if at all.

Isaiah Johnson CB Houston - Tall corner with long arms and experience. I will be watching him today but I don't know how much I will get to see since he is up against the extreme run heavy Army team. This is what little I have of him so far;

- Feet get stuck in mud at start of route. Incredible arm length. Straight line speed but doesn't have the foot quickness to play in man coverage. Technique is terrible but he has the ability to use length to redirect players and disrupt timing.

Three prospect in one bowl game to watch later is Anthony Johnson and Khalil Hodge from Buffalo. I am hardly impressed by Anthony Johnson. I see a 5th-6th round prospect while I have been seeing a bunch of 2nd round talk. I simply don't see it. He doesn't have explosiveness and he isn't exactly a deep threat. Not a lot of wiggle and I have seen dropped passes too often to consider him a sure handed target. On the side of Troy I like Blace Brown a CB with NFL level competitiveness. I like him in the middle rounds and we can always use more depth at CB. What little I have so far;

-Not a willing or good tackler. Will scrape and fight for ball when running is corralled. Needs to fire feet at the start of route better. Solid Athlete. Needs to get stronger.

The late game has Jaylon Ferguson DE Louisiana Tech again a name I am simply not seeing it. A lot of people talk about him as a sleeper and he's going to rise and this and that. I simply don't see it. I would say 5th round tops. 

The best prospect by far will be from the first game Memphis and Wake Forest. Essang Bassey CB Wake Forest

- Biggest surprise player of the year for me. Was expecting a write off not worth a second look. Very smooth kick slide in zone coverage. Smooth in his backpedal as well. Good hips and change of direction skills. Contest throws at the catch point. Can track it and has good ball skills. Willing and able tackler, not biggest hitter but probably the surest tackling CB in this draft. T break is good and he explodes out of it and drives hard on ball. Need to see more footage of him in man coverage but he has the skill set to do it at a high level. He might be talked about as a surprise 1st round pick come April.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, TheeRealDeal said:

This has been by far the most dreadful bowl season I can remember. I know we have got a long way to go yet but I haven't seen one single player that could potentially sneak into Day 2. What I have seen so far is a bunch of fringe draft worthy players.

Essang Bassey.

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't realize when you sent the post and then you talked about Bassey afterwards.

He played very well against Memphis btw.

Archived