What if the Chiefs lose their division and get one and doned as a Wild Card?

patriotsheatyan

15 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You’re comparing a guy in his first year with a franchise to a guy in his 6th with one playoff win against the Bryan Hoyed led Texans?

I'm comparing a season where the Rams exceeded preseason expectations to a season where the Chiefs exceeded preseason expectations.

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Jak is perfectly fine with the way things are going. Doesn't see the need for a change.

I’m just asking at what point does Andy actually have to win the postseason? We’re not even talking about two of the biggest playoffs collapses in history on his watch. 

He’s  literally won ONE playoff game since the start of the 2009 season  

33 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I’m just asking at what point does Andy actually have to win the postseason? We’re not even talking about two of the biggest playoffs collapses in history on his watch. 

Our owner is fine with the regular season performances. Keeps people in the seats all year.

But if he cant get it done woth Mahomes the excuses are going to run thin and hell get forced out again.

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

That is true, but he's never had a playoff game with some fourth quarter mahomes magic. That guy has the clutch gene in spades. 

It will be interesting to see if they win their division and get a first round bye. That is always so important. 

Andy has struggled with late game strategy decisions. He's notorious for having bad clock management. With all of the analytics out there you'd think he'd be able to have someone on his staff whose sole job it is to make those types of decisions. If he does something dumb late, then yeah its possible that he's 'in trouble' in the sense everyone's super pissed lol 

Its just so hard to win in a one and done playoff format. Anything can happen. He's had some unfortunate luck, and he's brought some of it upon himself. At some point you have to think the tides will turn and everything will go right for 3 games. 

That's why the first round bye is so important, it limits the amount of bad luck/dumb decisions by Andy. 3 games with 2 at home is much easier than winning three road games just to make it to the Superbowl 

Again, the chiefs will go as far in the playoffs as Magic Mahomes will take them. He's just so clutch. 

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Atleast he is getting them to the post-season.

And it's not as if the Chiefs have constantly been beat by scrubs in the playoffs. Last years loss to the Titans were the only time where they lost to team they shouldn't have (a game in which Nagy was calling plays on offense in his first PO game and only his 6th game in total). A Reid led teams have lost to the 12-4 Colts, a Belichick led 12-4 Patriots and an experienced 11-5 Steelers team.

I swear, some people's expectations for coaches on this site at times are just down right impossible to meet.

45 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Atleast he is getting them to the post-season.

And it's not as if the Chiefs have constantly been beat by scrubs in the playoffs. Last years loss to the Titans were the only time where they lost to team they shouldn't have (a game in which Nagy was calling plays on offense in his first PO game and only his 6th game in total). A Reid led teams have lost to the 12-4 Colts, a Belichick led 12-4 Patriots and an experienced 11-5 Steelers team.

I swear, some people's expectations for coaches on this site at times are just down right impossible to meet.

They were the favorites in all of those games except against NE in 2015. I also know you’re not bringing up a colts team that was nothing special and got destroyed by the pats by 3 TDS a week later. 

I don’t think a so called great coach beating great competition is an “impossible” expectation

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

They were the favorites in all of those games except against NE in 2015.

First off, no they were not favorites against the Steelers and were barely favorites against the Colts. Homefield advantage is an automatic 3 point spread. 

Secondly, vegas spreads are irrelevant to my point.

Third, I don't care what the Pats did against the Colts. That is also irrelevant.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

He absolutely should not be. There were basically no expectations for us this season. First year with Mahomes at QB. It was known the D would be terrible. We've already exceeded expectations on the season.

Because Eagles expected to win superbowl last season before the season began? You got to take your chances when they come as there is no guarantee you will be back in the same position

32 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Because Eagles expected to win superbowl last season before the season began? You got to take your chances when they come as there is no guarantee you will be back in the same position

Thats how the FO sees it sadly 

Left obvious holes in the secondary. Got an overpriced receiver to help Mahomes develop. Signed an overpriced ILB to learn a complicated defense this year.

If that does happen, I think some heat needs to be applied to his seat, but KC needs to stick with him unless they start having a couple of losing seasons. Considering he'll be 64 by the time his contract expires in 2022, they should start seeing if they have anyone that can be his possible successor

2 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

Sure. But my point is, you dont fire a guy for not winning a playoff game when the team didnt seem likely to make it in the first place.

Archived