What if the Chiefs lose their division and get one and doned as a Wild Card?

patriotsheatyan

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Thats how the FO sees it sadly 

Left obvious holes in the secondary. Got an overpriced receiver to help Mahomes develop. Signed an overpriced ILB to learn a complicated defense this year.

Every single coach in the league has flaws. Even the great Belichick himself.

In the end,  it comes down to weighing those positives with the negatives. Does Reid have issues with his play-calling and time management, yes. But he also got the most out of an average QB in Alex Smith who has helped your team become a legit perennial PO contender and then turned around and bet the teams future on a QB who ,so far, looks to be the right bet for years to come. Are you going to continue to ignore this?

When you have a coach who has an eye for talent at the most important position in football you don't wager your bet on someone else who could easily become Romeo Crennel.

Edit: Off-topic a bit, this is similar to those who think the Steelers would be better without Tomlin.

37 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Every single coach in the league has flaws. Even the great Belichick himself.

In the end,  it comes down to weighing those positives with the negatives. Does Reid have issues with his play-calling and time management, yes. But he also got the most out of an average QB in Alex Smith who has helped your team become a legit perennial PO contender and then turned around and bet the teams future on a QB who ,so far, looks to be the right bet for years to come. Are you going to continue to ignore this?

When you have a coach who has an eye for talent at the most important position in football you don't wager your bet on someone else who could easily become Romeo Crennel.

Edit: Off-topic a bit, this is similar to those who think the Steelers would be better without Tomlin.

Dont really know why you quoted me.

I agree with you, but at the same time ive seen and heard this all before. Chiefs have had similar great coaches who just couldn't get it done in the post-season.

None of them had Mahomes though. He could be our ticket to breaking through to the otherside.

Depends, does the Chiefs FO actually think they've put together a championship caliber roster? Personally, I think it's far from that. If Mahomes (and Reid deserves more credit than anyone, besides the kid himself, for this MVP caliber season) wasn't having the 2nd greatest sophomore year ever, despite light play as a rookie, the Chiefs are probably not even .500 with that defense. Offense would still be good, but they've had to be GREAT to get to where they are. What Reid has done with the offense should buy him plenty of years, if anything, regardless of postseason outcome. Talent wise this team is nothing special, it would be a big mistake to fire Reid, because an 11-5 one and done Chiefs team is only disappointing relative to the unexpected hot start.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

First off, no they were not favorites against the Steelers and were barely favorites against the Colts. Homefield advantage is an automatic 3 point spread. 

Secondly, vegas spreads are irrelevant to my point.

Third, I don't care what the Pats did against the Colts. That is also irrelevant.

The Chiefs were the favorites over the steelers and lost at home. That colts team was Andrew luck and garbage coached by Chuck Pagano and Andy Reid blew a 28 point lead to them.

Great coaches are supposed to win against great teams. Andy Reid doesn’t do that.

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Well, except lack of a defense. 

Well He chose to keep Bob Sutton after 2 of the biggest playoff collapses in history.

He has the MVP of the league, Homefield  in a conference with not one truly great team. It’s set up for him 

38 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Well He chose to keep Bob Sutton after 2 of the biggest playoff collapses in history.

He has the MVP of the league, Homefield  in a conference with not one truly great team. It’s set up for him 

Yeah well, the Chiefs have been in similar situations before. Lack of a defense in the playoffs usually comes back to bite you. No matter how good your offense is. We will see if the trend changes. 

Andy Reid has has better setups, and still failed. 

You would ONLY fire him if he lost in a awful manner and if there was a replacement who was too good to pass up on. The HCs that are available this year look weak so I expect they keep him. Also I wouldn't be all to surprised if things change for Chiefs in the playoffs this year now that they have the MVP on their team.

22 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Dont really know why you quoted me.

I agree with you, but at the same time ive seen and heard this all before. Chiefs have had similar great coaches who just couldn't get it done in the post-season.

None of them had Mahomes though. He could be our ticket to breaking through to the otherside.

I quoted you because judging by our posts in this thread, including this one and the one I directly quoted earlier, it seems like you're leaning more towards the side of thinking the CHiefs would be better off without Reid. 

If that's not the case then I apologize. But if it is....that is asinine. Because there are numerous fans like myself who would die to have a coach who you can almost count on to get your team to the playoffs virtually every single year, or atleast have a legit shot at, as opposed to going to into a season every year only HOPING for 8 wins at best with absolutely no stability or confidence in the FO going into an off-season. 

Fans of teams of the former (who have experienced such luxury) don't seem to realize how good you really have it in relative terms compared to most fans of the latter. It's easy to take for granted because you always expect more(ie SB) after you are so used to reaching a certain high point for so long and wanted more.  But you also don't realize that just reaching the playoffs almost every single year is a very hard thing to do in this league. Much less win a SB. Especially now with the changes in the 2011 CBA.

You Chiefs(and Steelers) fan have it good. Don't get spoiled. Enjoy it and don't take it for granted. Because at some point it's going to end and you're going to be looking back at this going "damn, I miss those days". Just ask any Patriots or Packer fan who is old enough to have lived through disparity before the Brady and Favre era's and they will tell you how bad things can really get . 

Reid is a very good coach and playcaller. However, sutton is not a good DC. KC can obviously do things to aid their defense in the offseason, but this year it is somewhat shaky.

Kareem hunt has been a big loss for this team as well. Off the field aside, it definitely is a blow to their chances. 

Archived